Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano-Reef.com Community Upgrade!

Christopher Marks

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the mobile version removed the gallery at the top and didn't widen the page for the ToTM pic it'd be a lot better I think. Still I prefer Tapatalk and it's clean look and notifications.

Christopher Marks

I was really excited to launch the blogs feature, but the platform for it was not as refined as I had hoped, I ran into some serious limitations. I didn't want to launch it until everything was perfect, and unfortunately the developers have not made much forward progress. They do have a whole new release due out near the end of the year that I am optimistic about, which will also provide an improved mobile view. It will take me some time to roll it out once it is released, of course, but it should be much quicker and easier than our last transition.

I always want to be careful about the features I add to the community, they must be stable and easy to use, and more importantly, not hinder the ability to upgrade our platform.

Sunar357, I'll see if I can improve the mobile home page, particularly that image.

improved mobile page and ability to upload images from mobile would be great.. I don't use the current mobile version because, quite frankly, it sucks.. lol.

I love the way the forum operates on the standard desktop view though, except that neither my work computer nor my phone have the ability to support most of the reply/post features (no emoticons, none of the text/font options, no add pic button, etc) so I'm stuck with basically just a box for your text and a post/reply button..

jedimasterben

I was really excited to launch the blogs feature, but the platform for it was not as refined as I had hoped, I ran into some serious limitations. I didn't want to launch it until everything was perfect, and unfortunately the developers have not made much forward progress. They do have a whole new release due out near the end of the year that I am optimistic about, which will also provide an improved mobile view. It will take me some time to roll it out once it is released, of course, but it should be much quicker and easier than our last transition.

I always want to be careful about the features I add to the community, they must be stable and easy to use, and more importantly, not hinder the ability to upgrade our platform.

Very good, sir. I (and pretty much everyone on the site) appreciate all the effort you put into it.

Thanks for the update!

• 2 months later...

Hey Chris. I have noticed in the past day that someone will reply to my post and I will not receive a notification about it. This has happened at least 3 times from what I can find so far. I have received notifications of quoted posts so it's not absolute.

Woo hoo just about a year with the new upgrade!

BattleAthletics

Hey Chris. I have noticed in the past day that someone will reply to my post and I will not receive a notification about it. This has happened at least 3 times from what I can find so far. I have received notifications of quoted posts so it's not absolute.

Woo hoo just about a year with the new upgrade!

Ive noticed too on threads that ive subscribed, I had deleted alot of my thread subscriptions, that actually helped a bit.

BattleAthletics

See I just got a notification on that quote. I do to subscribe to anything I don't love you guys that much.

Go to bed Mr. T.

What happened to your sig anyways?

Go to bed Mr. T.

What happened to your sig anyways?

I have the power to take it away when I want by just saying a magic word.

And now it's back.

He's a fake! He just clicks the "Enable Signature" box in the advanced reply options. I won't allow you to take advantage of these people any long Mr.T!

Also where is my Oprah look-alike stripper I paid the deposit for her 3 months ago. ty

• 3 months later...
Christopher Marks

So I take it the developers haven't made any progress since October? Efficient bunch, they are. :D

I know, right? They're actually working on a whole new 4.0 version that revamps everything, rather than more incremental improvements to the platform we're currently using. I am expecting a big revamp of the mobile version with their release, which is as of yet, unannounced. They had previously alluded to the end of the year release but that obviously came and went.

jedimasterben

I know, right? They're actually working on a whole new 4.0 version that revamps everything, rather than more incremental improvements to the platform we're currently using. I am expecting a big revamp of the mobile version with their release, which is as of yet, unannounced. They had previously alluded to the end of the year release but that obviously came and went.

It does seem like it would be more efficient to work on one large release instead of a bunch of smaller ones, hopefully they'll not take forever with it, though :)

It does seem like it would be more efficient to work on one large release instead of a bunch of smaller ones, hopefully they'll not take forever with it, though :)

Much easier to work in a closed environment than dealing with constant upgrades. Take all the time you need getting the new site just perfect. And hopefully you will enable Tapatalk this time around. ;) Honestly it's easier than any mobile site.

Archived