inTank Media Baskets

Nano-Reef.com Community Upgrade!

Christopher Marks

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a609/vengkal/20121223_093034_zps1ae3e6b5.jpg

I'm getting a pop up that says we can't use that extension. Can we really not use jpgs?

You're trying use HTML tags, that's your problem. lol

You're trying use HTML tags, that's your problem. lol

No, it's not. The new WYSIWYG editor added those. I've manually removed them and it still doesn't like it.

Also, the code box doesn't seem to be true "code" anymore, as it's parsing what's inside it.

jedimasterben
No, it's not. The new WYSIWYG editor added those. I've manually removed them and it still doesn't like it.

Also, the code box doesn't seem to be true "code" anymore, as it's parsing what's inside it.

Great, so I have something to look forward to fighting to write my new article lol

Our join dates are no longer visible?

I kind of miss the join date under the avatar. I looked at that more than post count. A number of members are able to build large post counts in a short period of time.

Shoot... Firefox isn't checking spelling for me automatically anymore. I'll look like a idiot for sure. ;) <- Good emoticons are the same (some forums use some pretty annoying ones).

Hmm... it looks like animated gifs show up for avatars, but they aren't animated (but I suppose that's not a big deal). Is there a specific avatar size that won't be resized? The pics are a little fuzzy due to the resizing.

Christopher Marks

Animated gifs are no longer shown in topics, but they animate on profile pages. This is because avatars are used throughout the site, and animation would be very distracting, especially when scaled down.

Christopher Marks
No reply to pm message option. Sending and receiving pm mail in the same box

All old private messages are archive only. You'll need to start a new conversation with a user to respond. The old PM system was simply too different to do it any other way.

Christopher Marks
Using MAC, when I try to edit a post it freezes my computer, 3 times now. ?

Can you be more specific? What browser and OS version are you using? What post were you trying to edit?

Can you be more specific? What browser and OS version are you using? What post were you trying to edit?

Safari, Lion, #1

EDIT: So this was a post made before the conversion, I seem to be able to edit this post, made after the conversion without problem.

Mr. Microscope

Liking the new style! Is there a quicker way to view my most recent comments aside from going back to my profile?

Also, if I click on my sig, nothing happens. I can right click on it and open in a new tab though.

Christopher Marks

EDIT: So this was a post made before the conversion, I seem to be able to edit this post, made after the conversion without problem.

It must be because the WYSIWYG editor is trying to reformat your post with tons of images. Click on the reply box here, and when the editor appears, click the light switch icon to go to the traditional BBCode view. Then you should hopefully be able to edit your post.

Some of you having trouble with the new editor, click the gear icon in the top right corner and select "Paste as plain text by default" in the menu that pops up. This should resolve many issues.

Sorry but this update is terrible IMO. The bland background make is look unfinished. They buttons are scattered. The "Recent Posts" on the home page is way too spread out. Join dates and funny animated GIFs are gone. I really think this is a major downgrade for the site. It used to look very high quality. I'm really disappointed.

*edit*

One of the biggest things for me is the "recent posts" layout. I used to be able to go to the home page and not have to scroll down. Now it is so big and spread out I have to scroll down one full page to see them all. That is gonna drive me crazy.

• Like 1

Nice way to slap a man for all his hard work. Maybe you should take more then a few hours to adjust and see what works itself out before you insult it.

Chris,

Thanks for all the hard work your have put into this, and are probably STILL putting into it.

Archived