SaltCritters.com

AI Nano Nuvo 16 Build (Now with BSJ!)

Rathje70

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Netting didn't come yet, Hopefully Monday. Pm me if you have a tracking #. No big deal!

No tracking number...but should be there early next week.

Deleted User 4

70% on the AI is a lot of white light. My Sol on my SPS tank is only at 50%. A lot of things would melt under 70%. You have to decide wether to not put them in the tank, or shade them somehow. When I get the Sol for my 16, I doubt that it will ever go above 25% on the white. LPS doesnt like it, a lot of palys dont like it. I can't even remember how many palys I fried in the Solana before I set up the LPS/softie tank(the Nuvo).

What about anemones?? My tank will only consists of anemones, bubble tips. Tank is 12" high.

GrandeGixxer

My Rose BTA is happy in my SPS tank with the lights where they are now. I am not sure how it is going to react as I continue to raise the intensity. I might have to remove it. Trial and error buddy, thats what this hobby is all about.

Deleted User 4

My Rose BTA is happy in my SPS tank with the lights where they are now. I am not sure how it is going to react as I continue to raise the intensity. I might have to remove it. Trial and error buddy, thats what this hobby is all about.

Wait, I just looked at your 34g solana and it's being lit by an ai sol not ai nano sol. No wonder you only have it at a much lower intensity.

I saw that one too at some point. I was going to switch my light to a similar schedule and realized that the graph doesn't match the data above. At all.

Never noticed! Haha. The schedule seems to be working for the time being. I do plan on upping the max intensity it hits as time progresses. Thanks for the heads up!

Time will tell, thats for sure...I did switch my light schedule to the one that was posted earlier and increased all of the intensities by 5%. So far the ricordeas are reacting well, but I am not sure this will be sufficient for SPS when I get to that point.

Deleted User 4

Time will tell, thats for sure...I did switch my light schedule to the one that was posted earlier and increased all of the intensities by 5%. So far the ricordeas are reacting well, but I am not sure this will be sufficient for SPS when I get to that point.

I think it might be sufficient. Just gonna have to try a small $5 frag as a test.

I think it might be sufficient. Just gonna have to try a small $5 frag as a test.

Yeah....might make a trip this afternoon, but the closest fish store is an hour away..

Deleted User 4

Yeah....might make a trip this afternoon, but the closest fish store is an hour away..

lolol what a burn. Hopefully there's more than one in that area to make the trip worthy?

Nice! I know I asked nepenthe if she saw a difference in filtration with the intank media baskets, how do you like them?

I can't give you a great opinion as I barely used the stock baskets except for a few days. When I did use the stock baskets, it was clear that not all of the water was being sent through them. With inTank's baskets, all or most water will flow through the basket as long as the filter pads are kept clean. I have filter floss on the top shelf, ROX 8.0 in the second shelf, and GFO in the third. So far, they are working great. I can't imagine not having them, well worth the money IMO.

I assume you are using the stock baskets? If so, are you putting any media in them or using the stock filters/sponges?

Right now I'm still running the stock baskets,cut my own media from these filter pads that I get from the store carbon and phosphate pads but right now I'm actually looking to invest in the intank media baskets and I'm going to run filter floss,pure marine and phosguard. As you said earlier from the beginning I noticed that not all the water was flowing through the stock baskets so I told myself not until they broke that I would invest in the intank one, but now it's a pain in the ass having to slide that plastic backing on and off

Right now I'm still running the stock baskets,cut my own media from these filter pads that I get from the store carbon and phosphate pads but right now I'm actually looking to invest in the intank media baskets and I'm going to run filter floss,pure marine and phosguard. As you said earlier from the beginning I noticed that not all the water was flowing through the stock baskets so I told myself not until they broke that I would invest in the intank one, but now it's a pain in the ass having to slide that plastic backing on and off

Yeah, thats one thing I did notice is that it is a pain in the @$$ getting that cover off.....If you have the funds, it is well worth upgrading, you can store more media in them as well. The refugium basket is also great, but you could build one easily out of egg crate....

Did you end up buying anything at the lfs?

Nah, got to lazy to even go, decided to crack open a few beers instead..... :)

• Like 1

I just Put the cheato in the second chamber and since my light has a lot of spread at the height it's at dont need a submersible one lol, I will be buying the media basket though haha

• Like 1

I just Put the cheato in the second chamber and since my light has a lot of spread at the height it's at dont need a submersible one lol, I will be buying the media basket though haha

That works to...haha. Doesn't the chaeto flow into the middle chamber though or how does it stay put?

Same here, I always get too lazy going to my nearest lfs....even when it's only 15-20min away....

Haha....Ricordeas are doing great with the new lighting schedule....I can say for sure my lighting was to intense..

I see. What was it set at before?? And how tall is your tank again?

Before the switch, they got up to 40 white and 50 on the blues....It was at this intensity for around 4 hours so maybe it was just to intense to long...either way, I am keeping them as is until I get some SPS that might force me to up the intensity

Archived