Cultivated Reef

AI Nano Nuvo 16 Build (Now with BSJ!)

Rathje70

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where'd you get your top netting?? Can't find the clear stuff anywhere. Is yours clear?

Mine is black, but I actually just ordered some 1/4" clear netting from BSR so I can redo mine. I bought the 1/2" black netting (shown in the picture) from Menards awhile back and it was left over. I am switching to the 1/4" so my BSJ does not get through, or at least trying :)

Deleted User 4

Moving to "Members Aquariums", thanks Christopher Marks!

+1 :)

LOL I think Chris might have mistaken "Members Aquariums" to Monthly Reef Profiles.....You better pm him again.

Mine is black, but I actually just ordered some 1/4" clear netting from BSR so I can redo mine. I bought the 1/2" black netting (shown in the picture) from Menards awhile back and it was left over. I am switching to the 1/4" so my BSJ does not get through, or at least trying :)

If you have a piece 24x24 leftover I would buy it. I can't find anything local. Where you located?

If you have a piece 24x24 leftover I would buy it. I can't find anything local. Where you located?

Dubuque, IA 52001, I could probably get you a piece for cheap.

+1 :)

LOL I think Chris might have mistaken "Members Aquariums" to Monthly Reef Profiles.....You better pm him again.

Thanks! Maybe in 2014 I will belong there ;)

I'm at 14150 Tonawanda, NY. Let me know

PM'd

No jumpers so far...I actually didnt receive my 1/4" netting today...it'll probably be Monday so I will post pictures once I get it done then! All of the livestock are doing well. I just installed my JBJ ATO today as well.

• Like 1

Yeah...it was haha....I turned the pumps off to take the pictures and he managed to scoot his way up there...when I turned the pumps back on the nozzel did not turn and it was pointed upwards so water was spraying everywhere... :furious:

Ok, umm on the left side island scape. I really don't like that skinny leg popping out, the one that's making an arch/ tiny cave.

Thanks, I have had mixed thoughts on that as well....it just fit there so perfectly :) It is easy to remove. Any other suggestions?

What are the white elbows for? If it's your ato, you don't want the outlet side submerged. It will create a siphon and siphon back to your ato resivoir.

What are the white elbows for? If it's your ato, you don't want the outlet side submerged. It will create a siphon and siphon back to your ato resivoir.

The outlet side is not submerged for that reason, but yes the white elbows are for the ATO and it is working pretty slick so far! The reservoir is just a 5 gallon bucket sitting next to the tank at this time.

Thought I would snap one more picture of my phone as the lights dim down...

Nuvo16_12-29-5_zpsf8c4acf1.jpg

Ok, just making sure. I prefer to use the aqua-lifter pumps with rigid ro line for ato.

Yeah, I would say my pump and tubing is a bit overkill but it gets the job done. I am actually using the stock pump that came with the tank and 1/2" tubing.....I had all of the supplies so thought I would put them to use.

Love your Snowflake :wub:

Archived