Innovative Marine Aquariums

AI Nano Nuvo 16 Build (Now with BSJ!)

Rathje70

It came as a hitchhiker on my LR and grew pretty big I just took it out of the main display and pretty much just put it in the second chamber and just stayed there it's a pretty big little ball so it doesn't move, Oh yeah sold AI so I might need to invest in a submersible light :(

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It came as a hitchhiker on my LR and pretty big I just took it out of the main display and pretty much just put it in the second chamber and just stayed there it's a pretty big little ball so it doesn't move, Oh yeah sold AI so I might need to invest in a submersible light :(

You sold it?! What are you using now? And you must have just sold it?

Yeah I just sold it this weekend, Was trying to hold off until the sol to vega conversion came out but realized it was going to be a waste of money and just rather save for the Vega color so now I'm waiting for my teklight 4 x 24 T5HO

I got a good deal on it so I have enough money to save up for the Vega color, It's always nice to have a backup light for a frag tank perhaps ;)

• Like 1

Nice Ricordea shrooms, that light sure does make them bright.

Thanks, I am loving the AI Nano

Every time I try to take a picture with my iPhone it looks like crap

Mine were with my Galaxy SIII. Camera actually isnt terrible!

Deleted User 4

About 12"

Ohh so it's same as mine. :)

Well I set the ai nano at 70, 85, 85 at highest but it only stays at that point for less than 1/2 hr and then ramps down to 35, 50, 50 haha.

I think it'll be fine over bubble tip anemones :)

deathscythe617

After reading your posts here I decided to get a Sol Nano for my Nuvo 16. Any chance you could post some pictures of the adjustments you made to the light mount for extra height?

What kind of corals are you adding next?

• Like 2
Deleted User 4
After reading your posts here I decided to get a Sol Nano for my Nuvo 16. Any chance you could post some pictures of the adjustments you made to the light mount for extra height?

Welcome to the ai club :)

Great choice! I am loving mine so far. Right now I just have some soft corals and a candy cane coral, but plan to add SPS here in the next few weeks once I have more cash to throw around. I am still playing around with the lighting cycle, but my corals seem to like the lighting schedule that was posted on my thread a page back.

On another note, I managed to make it to the fish store today and picked up a candy cane coral and some bright green zoas along with my blue spot jawfish! He is in hiding now, but I will post pictures as soon as I can!

• Like 1

So as promised, here are a few pictures. The BSJ is in hiding so I wasnt able to snap a picture of him quite yet...but it will be interesting where he will decide to build his home. Feedback welcome!

20130113_193649.jpg

20130113_193342.jpg

20130113_193316.jpg

yeah...have had a bad experience with inTank's submersible fuge light as the casing was not air tight and water got into the light and broke it. I need a replacement, but inTank does not have any in stock so they told me to get a hold of the manufacturer who has not gotten back to me yet. So in the mean time, I put it into a mesh filter bag and in the display....unfortunately

Archived