Pod Your Reef

AI Nano Nuvo 16 Build (Now with BSJ!)

Rathje70

Well I went ahead and modded my DIY top with 1/4" netting instead of the 1/2" netting. I decided that I really did not want my BSJ to jump out when I get him. :) Otherwise, just some random pictures. I will be picking up some more corals this upcoming weekend!

20121231_163709.jpg

20121231_163816.jpg

20121231_163846.jpg

20121231_163907.jpg

20121231_163930.jpg

20121231_163933.jpg

20121231_163926.jpg

Enjoy! Feedback welcome!

Ok, umm on the left side island scape. I really don't like that skinny leg popping out, the one that's making an arch/ tiny cave.

Well I removed the rock you told me to and I like it! Thanks for the suggestion ;)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Nice!!! Love the snowflakes man. They kinda remind me of cartoons.....especially the patterns on yours.

Hahha like clouds!

Yes, you're right. It really does loook better without that stick popping out :)

Nice!!! Love the snowflakes man. They kinda remind me of cartoons.....especially the patterns on yours.

Hahha like clouds!

Yes, you're right. It really does loook better without that stick popping out :)

Haha, yeah, they are interesting...they are doing well!

Love these tanks! Good Luck :)

Thanks!

Love the tank, really makes me miss having extra space.

Thanks! What are you saying? You dont have room to fit a tank anywhere? :unsure:

Nice updates! New top looks nice :)

Thanks! The material is much thicker than I would have thought and it took awhile to get it right, but all in all I am glad I made the switch. The LFS ordered a BSJ for me so I will be introducing him soon! :D

So far, I am liking the tank and the AI Nano, the ricordeas are likng it and have the whites reach their peak at 40% and the blues at 50%. It might be to much, but it is hard to know for sure with the few corals I have.

Hey everyone! Things have been a bit crazy so I have not been able to do much with the tank. I basically have all of the equipment I need setup, just need to get my BSJ and fill this thing with corals. I noticed my AI Nano was somewhat melting one of my ricordeas so I had to turn the light down a little bit and move it more towards the edge of the tank.

Deleted User 4

Hey everyone! Things have been a bit crazy so I have not been able to do much with the tank. I basically have all of the equipment I need setup, just need to get my BSJ and fill this thing with corals. I noticed my AI Nano was somewhat melting one of my ricordeas so I had to turn the light down a little bit and move it more towards the edge of the tank.

How do you know it was melting? What's the highest intensity you set at?

40W 50B and 50R. I know it doesnt seem like much. I knew it was melting or was unhappy because it is fine until my lights reach the 3 hour period where it gets to its peak at the 40 50 50

Deleted User 4

40W 50B and 50R. I know it doesnt seem like much. I knew it was melting or was unhappy because it is fine until my lights reach the 3 hour period where it gets to its peak at the 40 50 50

I see. Wow, so only 3 hours and it's already hurt? 40 50 50 does seem weak to me haha

Deleted User 4

haha, I am sure they will acclimate fine....dont you have your nano turned up to 80 or something?

Yeah it goes 70 85 85 for an hr. Ramps up to that point and then down.

Deleted User 4

JUst anenomes though right?

Yeah, haven't even add one yet lolol.

I added a hermit crab and fiddler crab today haha. They're the 1st comers.

Btw, you should probably update your 1st post on 1st page.

Yeah, haven't even add one yet lolol.

I added a hermit crab and fiddler crab today haha. They're the 1st comers.

Btw, you should probably update your 1st post on 1st page.

Update it with what ? :)

GrandeGixxer

70% on the AI is a lot of white light. My Sol on my SPS tank is only at 50%. A lot of things would melt under 70%. You have to decide wether to not put them in the tank, or shade them somehow. When I get the Sol for my 16, I doubt that it will ever go above 25% on the white. LPS doesnt like it, a lot of palys dont like it. I can't even remember how many palys I fried in the Solana before I set up the LPS/softie tank(the Nuvo).

70% on the AI is a lot of white light. My Sol on my SPS tank is only at 50%. A lot of things would melt under 70%. You have to decide wether to not put them in the tank, or shade them somehow. When I get the Sol for my 16, I doubt that it will ever go above 25% on the white. LPS doesnt like it, a lot of palys dont like it. I can't even remember how many palys I fried in the Solana before I set up the LPS/softie tank(the Nuvo).

The highest I get on the Nano is 35 white and 45 on the blues....do you think this is to much still? I am going to keep an eye on the ricordeas and see how they react, I may need to tune it down even further.

I had an open brain hitch hiker, which is my only indicator of light intensity so far, but it has been happy with my schedule. It has gained color and fluffed up nicely.

I stole this from someone else! Sorry don't remember who, I saved about 10 light schedules and settled on this as a starting point.

Edit: The brain is ~18 inches from light, light is ~7 inches from water surface

post-48141-0-83021900-1357413712_thumb.jpg

GrandeGixxer

Just watch everything and see How it does. I only have one timer setup on my light, to make it more simple. Mine comes on at 1100 with a 60 minute ramp time and then off at 2100 also with a 60 minute ramp down time.

I had an open brain hitch hiker, which is my only indicator of light intensity so far, but it has been happy with my schedule. It has gained color and fluffed up nicely.

I stole this from someone else! Sorry don't remember who, I saved about 10 light schedules and settled on this as a starting point.

Edit: The brain is ~18 inches from light, light is ~7 inches from water surface

I may also give this a try...Maybe my lights are to intense throughout the day. The whites are at 30-35 and the blues are at 40-45 for around 4-5 hours throughout the day....Thanks! BTW, did you get your netting?

Just watch everything and see How it does. I only have one timer setup on my light, to make it more simple. Mine comes on at 1100 with a 60 minute ramp time and then off at 2100 also with a 60 minute ramp down time.

I think I will just watch and see before I do make the switch, but I could always start with what you did and keep it simple, but thought I would try to take advantage of the controller's capabilities.

Archived