inTank Media Baskets

AI Nano Nuvo 16 Build (Now with BSJ!)

Rathje70

The ai nano sol looks nice over your tank. May I ask how did you adjust the mounting on the back of the tank to raise another inch? Thanks.

Thanks! I basiaclly just realized that the mount does not need to sit flush on the glass. You can raise the mount up almost an inch and still clamp it to the back of the tank just fine.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks! I basiaclly just realized that the mount does not need to sit flush on the glass. You can raise the mount up almost an inch and still clamp it to the back of the tank just fine.

The higher the clamp sits off the glass, the more pressure is applied to a smaller portion of the clamp itself. I think anyways if I'm understanding you. I would be leery of that over time.

The higher the clamp sits off the glass, the more pressure is applied to a smaller portion of the clamp itself. I think anyways if I'm understanding you. I would be leery of that over time.

Yeah, I thought about that but the light isnt all that heavy so I was not to concerned. Is your concern about the glass possibly breaking due to pressure or the mount breaking and the light tumbling into the tank?

Deleted User 4

Ohh ok, that was what I was thinking that you did. Just wasn't sure haha. Thanks for confirming.

Ohh ok, that was what I was thinking that you did. Just wasn't sure haha. Thanks for confirming.

Haha no problem. I also added a piece of acrylic to the back side of the clamp so the light sits more in the center of the display. This also allows for the lights to exert less pressure on the glass since the weight is still evenly distributed.

Deleted User 4
Haha no problem. I also added a piece of acrylic to the back side of the clamp so the light sits more in the center of the display. This also allows for the lights to exert less pressure on the glass since the weight is still evenly distributed.

ohh I see. Nice!

Yeah, I thought about that but the light isnt all that heavy so I was not to concerned. Is your concern about the glass possibly breaking due to pressure or the mount breaking and the light tumbling into the tank?

My concern was the clamp snapping, a rimless tank should be able to handle the torque. This may just be nervous speculation, but it is a pricey little light.... Good news is there have been a couple people who dunked them and they still worked! :lol:

My concern was the clamp snapping, a rimless tank should be able to handle the torque. This may just be nervous speculation, but it is a pricey little light.... Good news is there have been a couple people who dunked them and they still worked! :lol:

I agree, it is pricey, but with everyone elses luck with gettin them to work even after a swim...why not?! :lol:

i still owe you guys some pictures of the tank..

I just ordered the IM Desktop skimmer.. should be here Friday. So when I install this I will be taking some pictures for a review I plan on doing. When I take these pictures I will be sure to capture some of the entire back of the tank and post them here.

Go to the hardware store and buy shorter bolts to mount the light to the bracket instead. It doesn't need to dangle down that far as long as there is still room at the back before it hits the curved bracket. You should be able to raise the light that way.

Bring a bolt to make sure you get the right size. I think they were metric.

Already done, that was the first thing I did....the last pictures show that.

Looking good bro, what are your levels at? When are you going to start stocking?

Sorry for the late response! All of my levels are pretty great besides my nitrates are still up around 20 ppm. Tank has been running for close to a month now so they should be coming down shortly. I plan to start stocking after Xmas with a fish or two and will buy quite a few corals to see how the AI Nano performs.

i still owe you guys some pictures of the tank..

I just ordered the IM Desktop skimmer.. should be here Friday. So when I install this I will be taking some pictures for a review I plan on doing. When I take these pictures I will be sure to capture some of the entire back of the tank and post them here.

That would be great, thanks! I was also considering that skimmer

Well I had a chance today to play arounf with the AI controller a bit more today. Here is the light cycle I have set so far. Feel free to add any suggestions, I am sure I will be tweaking this over the next several weeks.

Timer 1: 11:30 AM

White - 5%

Blue - 10%

Royal - 10%

Ramp up - 30 minutes

Lunars - Off

Timer 2: 2:00 PM

White - 25%

Blue - 35%

Royal - 35%

Ramp up - 120 minutes

Lunars - Off

Timer 3: 4:30 PM

White - 40%

Blue - 33%

Royal - 33%

Ramp up - 20 minutes

Lunars - Off

Timer 4: 7:45 PM

White - 30%

Blue - 40%

Royal - 40%

Ramp up - 30 minutes

Lunars - Off

Timer 5: 9:00 PM

White - 5%

Blue - 15%

Royal - 15%

Ramp up - 60 minutes

Lunars - Off

Timer 6: 10:05 PM

White - 1%

Blue - 5%

Royal - 4%

Ramp up - 10 minutes

Lunars - On

I also have the light set for 40% chance of thunderstorm once a day.

Any feedback welcome! :)

Have a quick question for the community on water parameters. My tank has been up and running for a month now and all of my levels are in check besides my nitrates. I just did a 20% water change last night and I tested this morning and my nitrates are at around 20 ppm. I have no livestock in my tank besides a CUC, but I plan to pick some up on Wed. Is it normal for nitrates to be at 20 ppm after a month of cycling?

I am using RO/DI water from my Might Mite unit so I do not think it is the water source. I am also utilizing the API test kit. I run GFO and ROX activated carbon for filtration, I plan to get some Chaeto soon.

Any thoughts or maybe this is normal? I plan to get a couple of fish and a cleaner shrimp on Wed., any concerns there?

Well a few changes over the last couple of days. I have a MP10 and JBJ ATO on the way. I also stopped at the LFS and picked up a pair of snowflake clowns, a cleaner shrimp, and three awesome ricordias! I will post pictures later.

I will also be creating a DIY mesh top today and will post pictures of that.

Otherwise, I ordered StevieT's fuge light as wel and wil be receiving some chaeto thanks to SFG in the next week or so.

• Like 1

Well a few changes over the last couple of days. I have a MP10 and JBJ ATO on the way. I also stopped at the LFS and picked up a pair of snowflake clowns, a cleaner shrimp, and three awesome ricordias! I will post pictures later.

I will also be creating a DIY mesh top today and will post pictures of that.

Otherwise, I ordered StevieT's fuge light as wel and wil be receiving some chaeto thanks to SFG in the next week or so.

That's a lot of win. Pictures soon please!

Well here are the pictures! Again, sorry these were taken my Galaxy SIII. I need to get my GF to take some pictures with her camera.

DIY Mesh Top, took about 30 minutes to put together and was about $15 total for material, I think it looks pretty good!

Nuvo16_12-27-2_zpsdc3d4ec9.jpg

Snowflake Clowns. The smaller one actually has blue lines on the edge of the white part of his body. Picked these up at a good price

Nuvo16_12-27_zps53e6ffec.jpg

Nuvo16_12-27-3_zps41ee4df1.jpg

Ricordeas. Still a little stressed from the move yesterday, but they are bright!

Nuvo16_12-27-1_zps668ab46a.jpg

Cool, we have life!!

Long awaited! I made the DIY top for the blue spot jawfish I plan to get here in about a month...and well I had a maroon clown in my BC29 and it jumped out on me, so this will just reassure me...maybe

I had a BSJ jump through a similar top on my biocube, but he had to have been lucky and hit it just perfectly. the squares on the pond netting are 1/2" inch, a BSJ is almost that big...I am somewhat concerned I suppose, but I cannot find netting with smaller holes.

Any experiences for others to share?

Well I got my MP10 today and have it installed and boy did it stir up some crap, this is going to be awesome, I forgot how awesome the Vortech MP20 was I had on my Biocube.....Others with the MP10 in their Nuvo, what setting do you run and at what %? I have mine set at around 30% on Reefcrest at the moment.

Also, is there an easy way to move this to the member's aquarums forum or do I need to start over?

Feedback welcome and thank you!

Deleted User 4

Is there an easy way to do that?

Yes there is! Just send Christopher Marks a private message asking for that request. He does it in a second.

Archived