Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Seiryoku's 60g (Poor Quality) Lee Mar Starphire Cube

Seiryoku

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not sure the controll cord would be long enough to reach.I dont know how long the cord is from the factory.The power cord would be no issue cause you can always use an extension cord.Isnt the control cord a proprietary plug?

I'll have to unbox the Radion again and decide how to hang/wire it.

Sump arrived today, wasn't expecting a Saturday delivery! It looks like a quality sump...only issue is the internal dimensions aren't exactly what I ordered. Baffle spacing is about 1/8" wider making the return section smaller and the baffle space tapers slightly from side to side.. Shouldn't be a problem, but it is annoying it didn't come in exactly as I ordered...

Thats awesome that they are delivering it to you.I hope for their sake that double-triple checked it.I know they dont want lose out again.

Me too...from talking with Lee Mar I get the feeling they are done after this, regardless of what I think of my replacements.

If it aint right i would demand my money back.They claim to be expert tank builders.If had the tools i could produce the same quality they sent you and im no expert.

This tank was to be the absolute TOP quality they can produce, supposed to be perfect and was supposedly inspected by multiple people multiple times for any flaws or defects. Haven't found any scratches in the glass and the edge work looks great, silicone is still a little sloppier than I'd like.

I'm interested in what anyone and everyone thinks of the photos. I've not contacted my LFS or Lee Mar yet.

This is the back right corner if you're standing in front of the tank, the issue should be obvious. The opposite side is not like this and the top is flush which means the bottom of the back pane of glass was cut at an angle.

20130211_173155_zpscfd423aa.jpg
20130211_173149_zpsf766fabf.jpg
20130211_173206_zps90340ee8.jpg
20130211_173218_zps0a87e86e.jpg

Here you can see a gap between the back pane of glass and the acrylic the put on the bottom of the tank.

20130211_173741_zps8dbe7375.jpg

Back left corner of tank if you're standing in front of the tank, not square.
20130211_173948_zps76479600.jpg

This is the top of the stand. There are some pretty good waves in the veneering. Don't know if it is safe to use even with the acrylic Lee Mar puts on the bottom of the tank.
20130211_174102_zpsed986433.jpg
20130211_174112_zps7c95a233.jpg

This is minor yet still incredibly annoying. The acrylic on the bottom wasn't trimmed flush with the front left part of the glass. It is enough to prevent the tank from sitting flush against the front trim of the stand (as the right side does).

20130211_174322_zps28d922bc.jpg

Reefmaster1996

To be honest that's disappointing, the top of the stand could be better, the only way I would put a rimless tank on top of it would be if there was a thin styrofoam sheet under the tank to absorb the variation of levels in the surface of the stand, which is what I reccomend you do. What's the acrylic in the bottom of the tank for and what is the first picture showing, the bottom right hand side outer corner? Is the bottom pane of glass on the inner part of the tank? Or are the panes of glass siliconed on top? More pictures would help. Other that those issues and the sloppy silicone it's not bad, but I would expect much more for what you paid. To be honest I'm building better tanks at the moment.

I can post more pictures this evening perhaps, not sure when I'll get off work though.

Here is what I sent Lee Mar:

Mark,

Please take a look at the pictures I've posted of the new 24x24x24 tank and it's stand you sent me. I've not yet inspected, other than a quick peek to look for shipping damage, the 24x24x20 tank and it's stand.

I'd like to continue to communicate with you via email as I'm extremely busy with work and can't take any more time away to talk on the phone. Would also like to have a record of everything said.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/317604-anyone-with-a-lee-mar-rimless-tank-get-in-here-please-update-page-7/page-7#entry4198446

I'd like to know if this is really the best your company can do... Would also like to know if the tank and stand are safe to use and if you are still going to warranty them both as they are. The top of the stand is extremely wavy (pretty much dead center too) as if the veneering is flawed, not sure I'd feel ok placing the tank on it. Do not know if the tank is structurally sound with the corner how it is.

Thank You,
Brandon Hodges

Here is their response, CC'd to my LFS and Brian Black (their master tank builder):

Mr. Hodges,

I have looked at the pictures associated with the link in the email below. Likewise, I looked at your aquariums and stands prior to their departure from our facility. Your aquariums and stands are new products manufactured at our facility, and like all products manufactured at our facility, they are warrantied. There is a copy of your warranty located in the prefilter/overflow box of both aquariums. I have not doubts or concerns about the structural integrity of either of your aquariums or stands. Based on our many years of aquarium manufacturing experience and the many thousands of aquariums we have built, you should expect to have many years of enjoyment with all four items.

Mark Boyd

Vice President of Operations

Lee-Mar Aquarium & Pet Supplies

Reefmaster1996

In other words they don't want to deal with you any more unless your tank blows out. Wow. That's exactly why I don't trust people with building my stuff. I try to be as self sufficient as possible for that exact reason. Plus for what you paid I would defiantly never do business with them again.

Archived