Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Seiryoku's 60g (Poor Quality) Lee Mar Starphire Cube

Seiryoku

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefmaster1996
Going to have a sump made soon :) No refuge in it because the skimmer has a massive footprint.

Going to run three reactors all plumbed off the return line, carbon, GFO and purigen. Should eliminate the need for any type of refuge...not sure how the mandarin I plan to get will like it though!

I'm gonna run 3 reactors too except I might do bio pellets In the third or I might do purigen like you. But I have a massive fuge also, 25.5x9x12= 12 gallons.

Read a lot of good things about bio pellets, but also a lot of bad. Don't want to risk anything on this tank, I think carbon/gfo/purigen/water changes are more than enough for a healthy tank. Hell, regular water changes are probably enough o_o

Reefmaster1996

True, but it only really works well if you have a good skimmer to collect all the waste the bacteria make after consuming the bio pellets and other waste. Without a good skimmer it could be very destructive. If you have a good skimmer they cause it to pull tons of junk and the thick creamy dark stuff too.

It sucks that you have gotten shitty tanks for such a large sum of money, really, it does, but I don't feel it necessary to bash on the Mr. Aqua line really. They have even better ratings then the CADlights crap I've seen come out. In all honesty, I've bought two 18" cubes, one 12" cube, and one 11.4 gallon aquarium from Mr. Aqua through MarineDepot and ALL four of my tanks have been of better build quality then the tank in your photos. Clean silicone lines, not many, if any at all, bubbles in the silicone, no glass warps or chips, and the way that MarineDepot packages their aquariums is above and beyond really. For my 11.4G, it was shipped in the size box they ship the 40G aquariums. There are also PLENTY of other people on here who have had Mr. Aqua aquariums and don't seem to have anything bad to say about them. And don't forget that these are mostly all sub two hundred dollar aquariums, including shipping.

Just saying...

Reefmaster1996

I agree zero, plus I've just recently built my own display and sump myself without any assistance and I must tell you the sump I just finished last night is up to par if not better than anything I've seen out there (lee mar, cad lights, mr. aqua etc), and the sump I just built only cost me about 120$ (not including dividers for chambers add about 40$ more) in materials for a 26.5x21.25x16.375 (3/8) (37 gallons) rimless glass sump with 3/8 thick glass. If I wanted to I would have no problem setting it up as a display tank,it looks that good. Check out my thread, i have pics of the display and soon the sump. I learned how to build tanks off YouTube and I would like to encourage anyone else who likes diy or even just wants to try it to do it. There is nothing more rewarding than filling up a tank with live stock and trusting your craftsmanship not some stranger's who might not give a sh$$ what happens to them or the tank they built. There is also nothing more rewarding then telling your fellow hobbyist that you hand built most of what they are drooling over too!If you guys want I can make a vid of how to build a tank, but there are tons on the Internet. Heck if people are interested locally I might start building tanks!

Sorry if I hijacked the thread a bit sieryoku, I just wanted to get my thoughts out there, I hope you recieve tanks up to your expectations.

Tanks were supposed to ship out tomorrow, but I guess Lee Mar found a natural flaw in the front panel of tank right before wrapping it up >_> They happened to have a tank being built they were able to take glass from to use on mine. Supposed to be ready to ship out Wednesday now.

Mark said they have been looking over the tanks with high powered light from the beginning, not sure how they missed a natural flaw in the glass up until now. At least they found it...and not me...

Guy I paid to build my custom sump was supposed to ship it yesterday and send me tracking info. Didn't hear from him and he has yet to respond to my email -_-

My LFS does have both of my Tunze return pumps though :)

However long it takes me to work out the plumbing, hang the Radion and figure out the scape (rock has been curing about a month).

Going to do everything properly and will take my time.

• Like 1

Nice on the fishing idea.Does that mean you will have to have wireless for any control ability.

I don't know o_o Why would I?

Archived