Cultivated Reef

Seiryoku's 60g (Poor Quality) Lee Mar Starphire Cube

Seiryoku

Deleted User 4

Really, if you do get your money back instead. Highly recommend you buy an elos tank. Shipping costs should be much more less than reefsavvy.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was planning on getting a Super Reef Octopus XP1000 Space Saver Internal Cone Protein Skimmer (that is too long of a name...) for my tank, but discovered Reef Octopus is coming out with their DC pump skimmers soon! I like DC stuffs, less heat and much more energy efficient. Also, you control the skimmer by the pump speed instead of a valve.

Supposed to be out very soon I believe, but haven't seen them for sale yet.

Found the info (except for pricing)! http://coralvue.com/pro-openvolute-protein-skimmer/

Rated for a 200g tank versus the other I was looking at which was rated for 150g. Need to find out more about the DC pumps, mainly wattage and whether or not the controller remembers the last setting if power is lost (plan to have the skimmer hooked up to a feed program on my apex).

Reefmaster1996

Wow that looks top of the line, the theme of my tank build. I might be changing the skimmer I had planned for this build!

My tank build has taken on multiple themes...

Need to put together a list of stuff I want my LFS to order for me. Still need the things from my first post that I haven't purchased yet. Thought of a few more things the other day, but forgot to write them down and now can't remember! One of them was pretty cool too...

Emailed Coral Vue my questions about the new skimmer, will post here when they answer.

Marinedepot said they have no intention of stocking the DC pump line of Reef Octopus skimmers :( Haven't heard back from Coral Vue yet, don't expect to until Monday/Tuesday.

Reefmaster1996

That's interesting if you find anything else out please let me know I might be interested in getting one they seem like a big step forward in the skimmer industry kind of like LEDs in the lighting industry.

Reefmaster1996

Same I'm going with that skimmer I showed you before maybe later ill upgrade to that skimmer. But at the moment it's a bit pricy.

i know the feeling of ordering a big ticket item online, anticipating for it to arrive for a week or more, excited as hell all day on the day your order is suppose to arrive, then your heart drops when it turns out to be a piece of s***..

Hope Leemar sends out a minty fresh tank to you..

Guess what Reef Octopus did?! Raised the MAP price of the original skimmer I was looking at to $420, up from $350. Now the new DC pump skimmer isn't too much more...think they had that all planned out?!

-_-

i got an email recently from I think TB aquatics saying you better get your skimmer now before The price gets raised on all coralvue products.

Love him, great personality! I'll have to take a video the next time I feed him, it is rather fun to watch what he does. No aggression towards anything in my tank (even when the female clown tries to steal his krill), spends most of his time camped out in the rock watching things.

Was worried about adding him to the tank, but everything has been fine, even after stuffing them all in half the water volume they were in.

He took right to eating (thawed) frozen krill with no troubles at all. Still give him the occasional feeder shrimp, but not often.

Think I'll add a second 75gpd RO membrane to my RO/DI system. Never realized how simple it was and that it cuts waste water in half o_o Don't really need water any faster since I have a 35g container it auto fills in, but have always hated how much water the system wastes.

Going to have a sump made soon :) No refuge in it because the skimmer has a massive footprint.

Going to run three reactors all plumbed off the return line, carbon, GFO and purigen. Should eliminate the need for any type of refuge...not sure how the mandarin I plan to get will like it though!

Archived