Innovative Marine Aquariums

Seiryoku's 60g (Poor Quality) Lee Mar Starphire Cube

Seiryoku

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I would be horribly disappointed if I had paid for that. Hopefully the LFS will take care of it because that stand is a shit. And if I got a starfire tank and it had scratches or chips I'd go ape shit.

Not sure how far the LFS is willing to go, haven't talked to him about that yet. Although I've sent him links to all three threads concerning my troubles, sure he'll be reading this tonight :(

Wow, no way would I accept those as such, and would be like "a dog on a bone" to have them returned!

I don't know what is worse - the tanks, or the stands! :rant::o

Wow, no way would I accept those as such, and would be like "a dog on a bone" to have them returned!

I don't know what is worse - the tanks, or the stands! :rant::o

Tough to say really. Perhaps the stands given how easy it is to build them, being wood and all. But I suppose someone who works with glass all day would say it is easy to build tanks than wooden stands...

The tanks look like crap but the stands aren't even up to Walmart quality. They look like garbage. Like I said I would take everything to the LFS and leave it all in the middle of the shop and demand my money back.

• Like 1

Monday is the day all will be decided. It is when Lee Mar is to get back to my LFS as well as when Mark (Lee Mar owner dude) is to call me personally.

• Like 1

I am drafting a letter to my LFS...to serve as my refusal to accept the two tanks and stands. I hope it doesn't offend him :( I really like the guy and his shop... Even had some nice coral frags (rather large, not sure you'd still call them frags) picked out for my new tank too!

• Like 1

The tanks look like crap but the stands aren't even up to Walmart quality. They look like garbage. Like I said I would take everything to the LFS and leave it all in the middle of the shop and demand my money back.

+1 to this ^. I bought my tank and stand from my LFS who did not carry the IM brand when I purchased. The LFS facilitated the sale and worked directly with IM during the transaction. I'll assume your sale went down in similar fashion with your LFS and LeeMar. Doesn't matter if you paid cash to the LFS(hopefully you got a receipt), you are still a paying customer and should be covered under the LFS return policy. You can be certain your LFS made a profit in this transaction.... Let them deal with Lee Mar on the return / exchange. The product is damaged and completely unacceptable.

I have receipts for all cash given to the LFS. Feel like the LFS is honest and will make this right one way or another, but I'm sure the last thing they want to do is eat all this :(

• Like 1

Did I ever mention I tore down my cube (the one this one is replacing) in anticipation of setting up this tank? All of my fish and coral went into a 20l, about 17g of water down from a cube that was holding 30g+

A flame angel, pair of b&w clowns and a fat fuzzy dwarf lionfish, cleaner shrimp, fire shrimp, misc inverts and my coral...all stuck in a 20l that was supposed to be rather temporary. I've cycled my new rock for well over a month in order to minimize any cycle and keep my livestock out of a holding tank.

Thanks a bunch Lee Mar...

• Like 1

I've had my clowns for over three years now, since they were babies! I'm gonna be really pissed if anything happens to them lol

IMG_0018.jpg

Hoping Lee Mar comes through and replaces their shoddy work... If not, I'll have to find a tank/stand builder to go with...

Love the clowns. I just purchased my first black ocellaris and I love him so far! Hope they don't mind their temporary hotel while they wait, and possibly wait some more, for their new home. Is LeeMar a Better Business Bureau accredited company? That stand is pretty awful. Almost seems like you'd be better off asking a custom cabinet maker to make a stand for you. Might be a bit more expensive, but you're guaranteed the work will be of craftsman quality.

Reefmaster1996

Woah there buddy that's a little harsh. Yes the tank work is s$$$, but there is no need to bring racism into the mix. Sieryoku- I hope you can resolve this issue. I recently built my own custom rimless tank, and I am very pleased with how it came out, it was not that difficult and I rather invest in my own craftsman ship then some one I don't even know.

Check out my tank build in my signature

Archived