SaltCritters.com

squirrel's IM 38, now that my butt-hurt is over...

squirrelieygrrrl

squirrelieygrrrl
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squirrelieygrrrl
The new scape is looking good. That yuma pic is making me want one again.

Thanks Buster! Yumas are my favorite next to acroporas

those pics look great. love the clown goby

Thank you so much!

Gorgeous! I love the color of your setosa too!!!!!

Thank you gena, it's more pinkish than the typical orange. I got lucky with that one.

Wow what a difference!!! Love the colors and the light!

I know right? Amazing what a decent camera and a bit of post can do!

Holy crap is that the same tank!? It's amazing what a good camera can do, I can't wait to get my slr so I can take some pics. I posted a short video of my tank in my thread, you can check out my duncans.

squirrelieygrrrl

So it turns out that YCG's are the devil after all, he has taken to perching on my clam, which is really pissing it off. Not sure what to do....

So it turns out that YCG's are the devil after all, he has taken to perching on my clam, which is really pissing it off. Not sure what to do....

you can always send him to me :happy:

squirrelieygrrrl
you can always send him to me :happy:

Although that would fix the problem, I doubt he would survive the trip. He is so skinny.... I like him, but I like the clam a lot more. Maybe add more flow to that side and make it unappealing?

squirrelieygrrrl

Take him!!!!!

He is being fed in the evenings, pumps off with cyclops eze, I got him from the feed store here that has a very sad, copper treated fowlr. He came skinny.

squirrelieygrrrl

I really shouldn't go there, or buy fish from them. Every time I do they don't make it long. Why he retaliates is beyond me though! This is a way better place for him than starving to death there.

squirrelieygrrrl

Wow! So I may have the best fiancé ever! She asks me if I wanted to go to the really good lfs in Medford OR, called Reef Tech which is a two hour drive away to get some coral. There will be new stuff to share with you guys soon!

squirrelieygrrrl

I've gotten her pretty addicted, which is awesome. She is going to be starting an im30 soon in her other classroom. We've had it in the garage since I got the 38. Marine depot messed up and sent me the wrong size initially and after quite a few emails asking them for a return label to get it back, they just let me keep it free of charge.

squirrelieygrrrl

null-54.jpg

The display tank at reef tech! That clam is the size of a 2 year old.

We bought a ton of coral, I got 4 decent sized sps frags/mini colonies.

Amber got 4 as well, 3 heads of hammer, a nice Aussie Duncan(much nicer than mine), some cloves, and a very pretty blue and green sympodium. Pictures tomorrow!

Archived