Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

squirrel's IM 38, now that my butt-hurt is over...

squirrelieygrrrl

squirrelieygrrrl
I really like the rock in your tank. The texture is really nice. As far as lights, I have two ledtric par38 full spectrums on a 20 and really like them.

Ack, some how I missed your response. Thanks RK!

I think that is probably the route I'm going to take after everyone's feedback. Now it's a matter of what brand....

Nice scape!!

Thanks! :happy:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've installed about 10 of these and only 1 of them we have used a skimmer. If you keep the fish count low, feed every other day and run a decent amount of live rock you can get by with out one and have great water quality.

squirrelieygrrrl
We've installed about 10 of these and only 1 of them we have used a skimmer. If you keep the fish count low, feed every other day and run a decent amount of live rock you can get by with out one and have great water quality.

Yeah, I could....

However I really want to do a SPS Dominant reef, that was what my plan was on the last tank. It just didn't work out that way. Knowing my schedule I'll take the help the skimmer and bio pellets provide.

squirrelieygrrrl
Nice tank!! Your old 16 gallon has given me inspiration into keeping sps in my IM Nuvo 16, cheers to your new endeavor :D

Thanks so much! Its always so nice to hear that the 'ol 16 is still inspiring people. :happy:

I wish you all the best on your 16, you'll have to send a link to your tank build page so I can check it out.

Will do,I am in the process of relocating downstairs. Too much heat here in California lol, did you use dry sand and just add your live rock and livestock? I am debating of using new sand and can't make up my mind !?!

squirrelieygrrrl

I used dry sand this time around, although in the past I had always used wet. Honestly I hadn't noticed a difference. Though ultimately I believe quality cured rock is the key to starting off a tank right.

How long has it been set up? If it hasn't been long I would just reuse the sand you have, possibly rinse it if its gunky.

squirrelieygrrrl
Looking good! I have the same tank in white w/ a Vega. Couldn't be any happier with this tank.

I like the look of that MP10 in the rear chamber but that would make me a little nervy. I know I would turn the return pump off, forget its back there... and good bye Vortech :o

Wow ok, so thanks for pointing that out to me. Heaven forbid the power went out..... I didnt think the water level in the pump chamber would rise that high.

Damn it, I really hate having the mp10 on the side of the tank, I think its ugly.

squirrelieygrrrl

phew.... lol. I just had a moment of panic.

The lights turned on, and it looked like the mandarin wasn't going to make it after all the move stress. I stuck some food in there to see if he was ok and he perked right up and began to eat. I guess he was just wasn't quite awake.

Nice! I like yer philosophy on the restart, lol. I don't know much about lighting, but two 38's on either side of the 150 shoould look cool!

You have some major heuvos on keeping that mp10 above some water!

squirrelieygrrrl
He was sleep swimming lol

Or just sleeping, lol. They tend to hang out in a crevice when they sleep.

Nice! I like yer philosophy on the restart, lol. I don't know much about lighting, but two 38's on either side of the 150 shoould look cool!

You have some major heuvos on keeping that mp10 above some water!

Lol, thanks! I think I needed to go back to the philosophy that worked best for me on the 16 bow. Why fix something that aint broke?

My heuvos aren't so grande any more, after testing the water level in the pump chamber when its powered down I discovered that it isn't going to work.

And now for some good morning fish pics. None of the Mandarin, he wasn't feeling photogenic this morning.

DSC06143.jpg

DSC06140.jpg

DSC06139.jpg

Did I mention I really need lightroom back? Ugh, windows editor is a piece of crap.

squirrelieygrrrl

Thanks Gena!

I'm putting lightroom on my computer as we speak so hopefully future pics will be much better. :D

I realized last night after we spoke I've had the little goober three years in December!

Thanks Gena!

I'm putting lightroom on my computer as we speak so hopefully future pics will be much better. :D

I realized last night after we spoke I've had the little goober three years in December!

Seems even longer than 3 years, but that sounds right. I remember Lunch being pretty small. I'm so excited to follow your new build...it's gonna be so awesome, like all of your tanks have been :happy:

squirrelieygrrrl

Aw thanks, that's very kind of you. If you ask me the cad was my biggest failure. *sniff*

Yay lightroom! the newly edited shots are much better.

DSC06142.jpg

DSC06139-1.jpg

DSC06138.jpg

Lunch growth shots, from 09 to present.

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00892.jpg

clown.jpg

DSC04622.jpg

DSC05377.jpg

DSC06140-1.jpg

squirrelieygrrrl
Maroon is beautiful, and your rock work gives your tank a deep look

Thanks JC

Nice tank! Love that yuma and clown! Can't wait to see more.

Thank you Sir!

Hopefully this weekend on Sunday I will transfer all of my coral over from my partners classroom tank where they have been in interim during the cad move catastrophe, as long as everything tests out ok.

SouthFlorida_Tron
thanks bud!

sold it?!? gasp.

Ya, as much as we loved it, and used it for family and reef use, I couldn't justify the $4500 of equipment that spent most of its time in a bag when I had other needs for it lol

Archived