ReefCleaners.org

squirrel's IM 38, now that my butt-hurt is over...

squirrelieygrrrl

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squirrelieygrrrl

Maybe......

Though apparently quite effective on separating glass and silicone, or buttcheeks depending on who you're talking to. :lol:

squirrelieygrrrl

Well, the g string was margially effective. I still had to take a razor blade and cut the excess silicone away which means my fingers are mincemeat now. Thanks Amber for letting me pilfer from your banjo.

null-24.jpg

Not the fun kind....

null-23.jpg

Newly modified. I think I'm going to add a longer return line to the right side so I can run it over the relocated baffle rather than under. This means I can push it further down to help making the bubble trap more effective.

null-22.jpg

Really crappy fts, but you get the idea.

squirrelieygrrrl
I want your clam....

Thanks! It's gotten so friggen huge since I got it 3 years ago. It's almost oversized for the tank.

squirrelieygrrrl

Here's a quick shot of my lobo, the oldest coral I have. I got this one back in 07 when I had my first tank. I don't think it's ever looked this good!

null-25.jpg

squirrelieygrrrl

So I almost bought some coral last night on impulse.... I will refrain till I get the tank back in order. I haven't tested the tank once since I set it up. That will be my project for Saturday after a wc with the new esv salt I bought. I'm over reef crystals, I don't know that the cost savings offsets for the amount I have to dose to get levels where they need to be. Thoughts? Opinions?

squirrelieygrrrl
Wow that looks great! We need more corals!!!!

You're not helping my "be a responsible tank owner" theory! I want more too, bad.

squirrelieygrrrl

After opening my first box of ESV B-Ionic Seawater System salt mix I am thoroughly impressed! Maybe I'm just being OCD but I really like the idea of a 4 part mix. Despite the expense I'm hoping it is worth it. I am using a 47 gal brute with a rather large 750 gph pump and appropriate sized heater. I'm hoping that one 50 gal box will be perfect in ratio to the 47 gal brute, as I've read that it tends to mix a little low on sg. If not no biggie, I'll send off a 5gal bucket to Amber's classroom tank and then dilute as needed. I'll let you all know how this idea works out.

squirrelieygrrrl

I really shouldn't go to our local feed store (as you can imagine even worse than an lfs), I went to get cat food and ended up rescuing this guy from their atrocious 40b fowlr.

null-26.jpg

They are just so stinking cute, so far no nipping at that very sad viladia either.

gulfsurfer101

Cute fish, that clam is rather impressive and your tank looks so clean but my only question is why was your butt hurt, who hurt it, and do you want me to hurt theirs. I'll totally do it yo!

squirrelieygrrrl

I hurt my own butt, lost 80% of my corals after attempting to move the cad and breaking the sump as I was setting it up in the house.

Though apparently from what I read you're no stranger to reefing butt-hurt after what your ex did to your 150. I might actually kill a biznitch over such sacrilege.

squirrelieygrrrl

On the subject of a 50 gal box of the ESV and a 47 gal brute, the salt mixed to a perfect sg of 1.0255, hooray! I've never been this excited to do a wc.

On the subject of a 50 gal box of the ESV and a 47 gal brute, the salt mixed to a perfect sg of 1.0255, hooray! I've never been this excited to do a wc.

I did a water change last night and a couple corals in my tank including my nem perked up and looked great. I am super lazy when it comes to water changes but after last night I am actually ready for my next one. I think I might start doing weekly water changes, I didn't even do that with my 3 gallon. Let me know how everything looks after using the new salt. I've always thought about trying it out.

squirrelieygrrrl

So the immediate results from doing a 40% wc with the esv salt is quite impressive. I've done two 30% wc's over the past two weeks with reef crystals and seen only marginal results. This morning things that have looked quite poor have immediately perked up especially my sunrise monti, I'm hoping it will make a comeback. I'm definitely sold! The water it's self also seems much clearer, and I'm starting to get much better PE. Definitely amazing after just one wc, considering I also reworked my scape as well yesterday.

null-28.jpgnull-29.jpg

Unfortunately the byropsis is making a comeback, so I've ordered some more tech m. Oddly enough while the tank was being neglected the byropsis seemed to be disappearing, however the moment I started making wc's again it's started to come back.

squirrelieygrrrl

Thanks jg, I have been battling that devil algae for a very long time, I think it was first introduced into the bow back in 2010. I've even considered tossing everything that has it and starting over.

squirrelieygrrrl

So I've dug out the dslr, so I'll actually post some non crap shots later if I can find the computer cable.

Archived