Pod Your Reef

squirrel's IM 38, now that my butt-hurt is over...

squirrelieygrrrl

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squirrelieygrrrl
You know what would look hawt in this tank? Bubbly bubble tips for your clown ;)

I know, but Lunch loves his Duncan. Plus call me a sissy but nems scare me, I can just see the moment I try one it getting sucked into a pump.

Paandemonium

I know, but Lunch loves his Duncan. Plus call me a sissy but nems scare me, I can just see the moment I try one it getting sucked into a pump.

That happens less than people think! Dont worry, I'll bring you to the dark anemone filled side eventually ;)

squirrelieygrrrl

Lulz! We shall see, I've toyed with the idea of it several times over the years.

In other news my AI Vega has made it to Oakland. I'm not obsessive at all..... :P

squirrelieygrrrl

Squee! Tracking says its out for delivery.... Guess who's going to homo depot tonight to get all the schtuffs for my bracket to attach the AI to the kessil gooseneck. Since I have really nothing to contribute, here is my shopping list for the bracket:

null-3.png

squirrelieygrrrl

Omgwtfbbq. I can't wait to start cracking into things.... Now I just have to wait for my love to get back from the store.

null-5.jpg

squirrelieygrrrl

However my pre-planning was all for naught... I need longer screws, a bolt and another bit...

null-6.jpg

Schtuffs!

squirrelieygrrrl

Prepping to cut

null-9.jpg

Measurement

null-7.jpg

Final product

null-10.jpg

Now time to drill some holes.

squirrelieygrrrl

Good morning N-R! Now that my drill is fully charged I was able to finish the final hole. Yay! Here's what it turned out like.

null-12.jpg

Hey I can measure!

null-13.jpg

Underside of the assembly.

null-15.jpg

Unfortunately my aluminum spacer idea didn't work out. They don't come in the right length. Now off to paint!

squirrelieygrrrl
Wow that looks great! I love new hardware

Hey thanks! Now if the paint would just dry more quickly. I used an automotive enamel spray paint so in reality I probably won't be able to hang the light till tomorrow. Argh.

squirrelieygrrrl
I used this rust oleum paint that dried really quick but its Matte black

I used this stuff. So far I really like the finish. I'll take more pics when I get off tonight.

null-16.jpg

squirrelieygrrrl

Finished product! Not too friggen shabby! Almost looks professional.

null-17.jpgnull-19.jpgnull-18.jpg

For about $15 of materials plus the 40 gooseneck from Kessil I'm pretty darn pleased.

squirrelieygrrrl

Damn.... Test run for my gooseneck was a fail. I need a piece of PVC for the gooseneck portion that needs to remain straight. The light is just a little bit too heavy for it, an easy fix though.

squirrelieygrrrl

Finally!!!!

null-21.jpg

null-20.jpg

So my love is so cute, she tells me as I'm zip-tieing the wire to the gooseneck that "I don't like that the light is over water, it makes me nervous. It's too expensive for that". :lol:

"I don't like that the light is over water, it makes me nervous. It's too expensive for that". :lol:

I have the same feeling about lights hanging over open water. :scarry:

It came out really well done though, Good job.

squirrelieygrrrl

I have the same feeling about lights hanging over open water. :scarry:

It came out really well done though, Good job.

Thank you so much!

Next project on the table, I am totally removing the middle baffle from the right side of the rear compartment tomorrow. The whole bm nac3 is great but just not in the return chamber. I'm hoping that if I place it in the right side that the remaining baffle will help limit the micro bubble issue. Gonna have to scrounge up some g string.

Archived