Pod Your Reef

squirrel's IM 38, now that my butt-hurt is over...

squirrelieygrrrl

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squirrelieygrrrl

Lightroom 3, it's fantastic for editing and cataloging. Plus I shoot in raw, and edit in raw, so it has to be converted into a jpeg image.

i was looking into getting lightroom. maybe a lil later in the future when my tank has some pic worthy stuff lol. now ill leave u to finish editing cuz i wana see wat u got!

squirrelieygrrrl

DSC06492.jpg

DSC06502.jpg

DSC06513.jpg

DSC06522.jpg

DSC06524.jpg

DSC06541.jpg

DSC06558.jpg

Some of the stuff was still po'ed as you can see, others I just couldnt get a decent shot of like the pocillopora. Ill try again on friday. In other news, the devil YCG had to be removed, he went all rogue on me and decided everything was good to eat in the tank. So he is at Ambers clasroom bc14.

looking really good! love the fts. and yea once they pick at something there gana pick at everything! poor guy lol i never paid attention to ur scape till just now, love it!

squirrelieygrrrl

Thanks cees! I think I still need to rework the right side a bit, but its definitely growing on me. I hope he makes it in there, he is awfully cute, but Amber has a huge rock flower nem in her tank, so if he isn't wise he will definitely end up a snack.

Paandemonium

That's the ugly side, I was too embarrassed to take a shot from the front.

Such are the struggles of this reef life x)

DSC06522.jpg

:o what is this?! And can I have some eventually? Look, I'll hopefully be a plastic surgeon in ten years... I'll hook you and your girl up with a new set of gravity-proof everything for some of this ;) :lol:

squirrelieygrrrl
Such are the struggles of this reef life x)

:o what is this?! And can I have some eventually? Look, I'll hopefully be a plastic surgeon in ten years... I'll hook you and your girl up with a new set of gravity-proof everything for some of this ;) :lol:

:lol: Definitely a red planet, they are pretty common now, I had one for a while in my bow, and then moved to the cad. I think we'll pass on the anti gravity offer. Thanks love!

Looks like a red planet.

Nice bounce back from your CAD experience.

Thanks!

Paandemonium
:lol: Definitely a red planet, they are pretty common now, I had one for a while in my bow, and then moved to the cad. I think we'll pass on the anti gravity offer. Thanks love!

!

Ah bueno ill start looking for a nice frag lol. You sure? The Clayalaleona surgical clinic will def be in Cali x)

But seriously awesome addition :)

squirrelieygrrrl

http://s509.photobucket.com/user/squirrelieygrrrl/media/DSC06581.jpg.html'>DSC06581.jpg

Finally getting some color back in the viladia! :happy:

http://s509.photobucket.com/user/squirrelieygrrrl/media/DSC06577.jpg.html'>DSC06577.jpg

The monti I've had for a while, though after cad-tastrophe it's finally starting to make a comeback.

http://s509.photobucket.com/user/squirrelieygrrrl/media/DSC06605.jpg.html'>DSC06605.jpg

New green slimer, still not quite happy. I'll have to work on getting better pe.

http://s509.photobucket.com/user/squirrelieygrrrl/media/DSC06521.jpg.html'>DSC06521.jpg

I could not muster a better shot than this one, after about 20 I gave up. For what ever reason my camera/lens just doesn't shoot well in the back half of the tank. :(

Nice stuff! I noticed your yellow clown goby on the clam...does he/she go there often? LOL.

I love that slimer! It's probably my favorite SPS. I just love the color and growth pattern. I finally have one in my new tank. :)

squirrelieygrrrl
Nice stuff! I noticed your yellow clown goby on the clam...does he/she go there often? LOL.I love that slimer! It's probably my favorite SPS. I just love the color and growth pattern. I finally have one in my new tank. :)

He took to hanging out on the clam all the time, and then nipping at its siphon. To the point that the clam was exibiting signs of pinched mantle due to irritation. Cute as he was he had to go.

They are definitely one of my favorites as well, the other smooth skinned acro is pretty sweet too, it grows in a curling sweeping pattern.

He took to hanging out on the clam all the time, and then nipping at its siphon. To the point that the clam was exibiting signs of pinched mantle due to irritation. Cute as he was he had to go. They are definitely one of my favorites as well, the other smooth skinned acro is pretty sweet too, it grows in a curling sweeping pattern.

Did he bother any corals? I'm thinking about getting one.
squirrelieygrrrl

Yea, once he started nipping in the clam he decided to nip and just about everything in the tank except the lps. Definitely targeting the sps.

You might want to read the reef keeping article on them.

I absolutely love that pic of the mystery wrasse. I have always wanted one. How do you think one would do in my 30? Would you not recommend it? They are by far one of my favorite fish. I love your tank...

Love the tank! And an excellent choice of corals.

I know how hard it can be to get a good picture of a mystery wrasse. You got a great shot :)

squirrelieygrrrl
I absolutely love that pic of the mystery wrasse. I have always wanted one. How do you think one would do in my 30? Would you not recommend it? They are by far one of my favorite fish. I love your tank...

Thanks jg, I kind of feel bad for the mystery wrasse in my 38, it's not long enough for him imo. They are very active swimmers, I think he was much happier in my cad as it was a 36 in long tank. He kind of does a repetitive swim pattern in the IM. Why not try a small flasher instead? I saw a very nice royal flasher on divers den last night. They tend to stay small and seem to not require as much territory. Though jumping may be more of a concern.

Love the tank! And an excellent choice of corals.

I know how hard it can be to get a good picture of a mystery wrasse. You got a great shot :)

Thank you so much!

Really liking the new additions!!! Have you tried lowering the light intensity for the new corals maybe reason for PE? Love the redplanet, lost mine from a £¥ty batch of saltwater from LFS. Surprised that ycg didn't get shut on lmao

squirrelieygrrrl
Really liking the new additions!!! Have you tried lowering the light intensity for the new corals maybe reason for PE? Love the redplanet, lost mine from a £¥ty batch of saltwater from LFS. Surprised that ycg didn't get shut on lmao

Thanks, I've dialed it back quite a bit. We will see if that helps. That little stinker was quick, it took me 3 days of stalking to catch him. I was on the verge of taking all the rock out.

Archived