Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

d'Espresso *Versions 2.0*

d'Espresso

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their is a new boss in the tank also, most of the fish gets out of the way when he come around. I also got tired of the brown looking sand so I took it all out. Can't believe how clean it look without it. Also build a small my monti caps collection separated island. I really need to find my battery charger for my camera also

Bowing before your "New tank boss". :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about the nudis :(

at least they are manageable...you will be pest free soon enough. If you have a wrasse they will also help...every Z & P tank should have a wrasse I say :P

which genus of wrasses are best for picking off nudis...???

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone! It's been awhile and keeping everyone waiting. Life been on the rough and going through alot lately. My tank is still running at the moment. First of all Yes i am crazy for adding a Blotchy Blotched Anthias (Holanthias borbonius) But here is the King of the tank been doing really good and eating like a pig for the past months and my school of Blue eye cardinals!

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

My LFS has some Square Spot Anthias in stock, oh if I had a bigger tank.

Hope all is well with you, it's nice to see an update, and what an update it is. Tank looks 100% !

Christine

My LFS has some Square Spot Anthias in stock, oh if I had a bigger tank.

Hope all is well with you, it's nice to see an update, and what an update it is. Tank looks 100% !

Christine

You need a bigger tank. Lol

You already have most of the equipment. :)

Hi d'Espresso love your school of cardinals! How long have you had them and have they been schooling the whole time? I have 4 of these fish but have only had them for about a month. Fortunately they still stay together :)

Hi d'Espresso love your school of cardinals! How long have you had them and have they been schooling the whole time? I have 4 of these fish but have only had them for about a month. Fortunately they still stay together :)

Thank you Blenny! Thanks for also stopping by my page. I have this school of fish for quite awhile about 1 and 1/2 years. I have started with 5 Blue eye cardinals then when they got bigger i went to my lfs and got 3 more then i lost 4 but now i have now total 12 cardinals and the last 3 is still babies so i keep the trio in my other tank until they get larger. so if you look in the picture you can see the different stages of growth. When they get bigger or older their eyes started to darken and with much more blue. Also my Blotched Anthia keeps everyone in check, so they stay close together at all time. Most think they are boring but to me i think They are beautiful fish because you get memorizes at their blue eyes glowing and i like how they make my fish tank look like its from the bottom of the ocean of paradise.

I recommend you get 3 more because they will stay close together and school. i also have notice if i take out my Anthia or any big fish. they will not school much and would splits in groups.

Thank you Blenny! Thanks for also stopping by my page. I have this school of fish for quite awhile about 1 and 1/2 years. I have started with 5 Blue eye cardinals then when they got bigger i went to my lfs and got 3 more then i lost 4 but now i have now total 12 cardinals and the last 3 is still babies so i keep the trio in my other tank until they get larger. so if you look in the picture you can see the different stages of growth. When they get bigger or older their eyes started to darken and with much more blue. Also my Blotched Anthia keeps everyone in check, so they stay close together at all time. Most think they are boring but to me i think They are beautiful fish because you get memorizes at their blue eyes glowing and i like how they make my fish tank look like its from the bottom of the ocean of paradise.

I recommend you get 3 more because they will stay close together and school. i also have notice if i take out my Anthia or any big fish. they will not school much and would splits in groups.

+1 to that. Having that anthias definitely keeps the cardinals in check. Just like my flame wrasse. Darting thru the cardinals keeps them closer together. But nothing to worry about, no harm but makes for a nice display.

llama roadkill
My tank is filled with about 13 fish. I like to keep many of the same species so that they will swim in a group, such as my Apogons. My tank includes:Fish• Apogon leptacanthus (Blue Streak Cardinal) x5• Genicanthus bellus (Bellus Angelfish) x1• Chrysiptera cyanea (Orange Tail Damselfish) x1• Amphiprion ocellaris (Ora Midnight Clownfish) x1• Amphiprion ocellaris (Ora Domino Clownfish) x1• Pseudanthias squamipinnis (Maldives Lyretail Anthias) x1 male• Pseudanthias squamipinnis (Maldives Lyretail Anthias) x1 female• Amblyeleotris randalli (Orange Stripe Prawn Goby) x1• Pseudocheilinus hexataenia (Six Line Wrasse) x1Corals• Echinophyllia sp. (chalice)• Acanthophyllia deshayesiana (meat coral)• Favites bestae (Neon green favia)• Scolymia sp. (Neon Green scoly)• Acropora sps.• Montipora sps.• Acanthastrea echinata• Sarcophyton (Neon green toadstool)• Nephthea sp. (Neon green tree)• Entacmaea quadricolor (rose bubble-tip anemone)• Various other small and Zoanthids and PalyothoasInverts• Thor amboinensis (Sexy Anemone Shrimp) x1• Lysmata amboinensis (Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp) x1• Petrolisthes galathinus (Porcelain Crab) x1• Mithraculus sculptus (Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab) x5• Clibanarius tricolor (Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit) x12• Acanthopleura granulata (Fuzzy Chiton) x1• Mespilia globulus (Blue Tuxedo Urchin) x1

Does your Bellus seem comfortable? I want a 75 but I may got to 40 B and still want a Bellus.

jedimasterben

Does your Bellus seem comfortable? I want a 75 but I may got to 40 B and still want a Bellus.

They don't stay small.

the smallest genicanthus you could get would be the watanabei. but even those get to 6"

Are the anthias and cardinals the only fish in your aquarium now?

llama roadkill
They don't stay small.
the smallest genicanthus you could get would be the watanabei. but even those get to 6"

Are the anthias and cardinals the only fish in your aquarium now?

Dang it. Minimum tank size?

Archived