Innovative Marine Aquariums

d'Espresso *Versions 2.0*

d'Espresso

llama roadkill

75g IMO.

That SUCKS. I wanted to maybe try a 40B with a 40B Sump to save some money. I had my mind set on one. Whatever...

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

That SUCKS. I wanted to maybe try a 40B with a 40B Sump to save some money. I had my mind set on one. Whatever...

That doesn't make your tank any bigger. Genicanthus angels, while they won't eat coral, get aggressive toward smaller fish as they get larger - and in a small tank, they will harass just about anything.

llama roadkill
That doesn't make your tank any bigger. Genicanthus angels, while they won't eat coral, get aggressive toward smaller fish as they get larger - and in a small tank, they will harass just about anything.

What do you mean it won't be any bigger? I want to do either a 75 with 40 sump or a 40 with 40 sump. I know total water capacity is not the same as the water in the display. More water in the display= more room for fish.

I like the fish a lot also, I just told myself: Its no big deal, I can surely get one someday when I have a large tank. They will still be around and available and there are plenty of fun nano fish out there!

llama roadkill

I like the fish a lot also, I just told myself: Its no big deal, I can surely get one someday when I have a large tank. They will still be around and available and there are plenty of fun nano fish out there!

True! I like how you think. My issue, though, is I am 13, and my mom says no more tanks in her house after this one EVER. That could be up to 10 years of this one tank. I just want to get the perfect permanent tank.

True! I like how you think. My issue, though, is I am 13, and my mom says no more tanks in her house after this one EVER. That could be up to 10 years of this one tank. I just want to get the perfect permanent tank.

Yes, I would get a 75g if it appeals to you more and you can afford it.

A 75g would have been a cheaper option for me but I really liked the dimensions of a 40B. I just prefer the look of shallower tanks. I do wish it was longer though :)

And so this isn't completly off-topic: I LOVE THOSE CARDINALS! No seriously, they are gorgeous and I would love a school in a larger tank someday (pfft @ chromis).

llama roadkill

Yes, I would get a 75g if it appeals to you more and you can afford it.

A 75g would have been a cheaper option for me but I really liked the dimensions of a 40B. I just prefer the look of shallower tanks. I do wish it was longer though :)

And so this isn't completly off-topic: I LOVE THOSE CARDINALS! No seriously, they are gorgeous and I would love a school in a larger tank someday (pfft @ chromis).

Cheaper? How so? Seriously though, I need tips on finance.

Those cardinals are very pretty. I prefer Yellowstriped (Ostorhinchus cyanosoma).

Cheaper? How so? Seriously though, I need tips on finance. Those cardinals are very pretty. I prefer Yellowstriped (Ostorhinchus cyanosoma).

Several used 75g sold for around 150 dollars in my area with sump/skimmer/powerheads/lights over the past few months. I put much more than this into my tank.

jedimasterben

What do you mean it won't be any bigger? I want to do either a 75 with 40 sump or a 40 with 40 sump. I know total water capacity is not the same as the water in the display. More water in the display= more room for fish.

Having a larger sump won't make your display any larger.

If you're planning on having this tank for more than a year or so, you should select very specific fish that you plan on keeping for that length of time, don't rely on purchasing fish with large adult sizes and just 'trading them when they get big', because the chances of that happening are realistically slim to none as you get attached to them.

llama roadkill
Having a larger sump won't make your display any larger.

If you're planning on having this tank for more than a year or so, you should select very specific fish that you plan on keeping for that length of time, don't rely on purchasing fish with large adult sizes and just 'trading them when they get big', because the chances of that happening are realistically slim to none as you get attached to them.

Exactly. I will probably end up doing a 75 with a 25 High display fuge and a 20L sump for my skimmer, maybe a 10. Does that sound good?

llama roadkill

I just got on Sketchup to try to draw a design...probably like left or right picture. Credit goes to users who made these.

post-80267-0-32275000-1374110639_thumb.jpg

post-80267-0-32151500-1374110646_thumb.jpg

d'Espresso,

curious how that damsel is/was working out?

Love those little guys but always afraid to add one in case I need to dig it out for being aggressive :scarry:

• 2 weeks later...
llama roadkill

How are all the fish doing? Any aggression? Seems a bit small for all the fish but you have a lot of open space and caves. Are you setting up a bigger tank?

MasterMind9

Nice rockscape bro,you have a very nice tank now! I really need to speed up,keep up the pace, now you are way over me! But don't worry ,I'll hunt you down with me new tank bro LOL^^

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Been very busy with work and late night shifts but Oh lawd, hate to break this tanks down in a couple weeks. i hope everything will survive the move next month.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Been very busy with work and late night shifts but Oh lawd, hate to break this tanks down in a couple weeks. i hope everything will survive the move next month.

Oh bummer! I hope all goes well with your move!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived