Pod Your Reef

d'Espresso *Versions 2.0*

d'Espresso

First things firstThe FTS of January 2013 and is now has made 9 Months and finally start to mature a little more

IMG_3422_zpsa5522a31.jpg

My love for Rics and Yuma

IMG_3442_zps87917fc0.jpg

IMG_3443_2_zpsa91017fb.jpg

Cardinals enjoying the current flow

IMG_3441_zpsc0faec7e.jpg

IMG_3432_zpsa3797437.jpg

My newest Neon Yellow Frogspawn and Neon Bi-color Green/Purple splash Frogspawn

IMG_3440_zpsb48cb568.jpg

Sunset Monti taken off

IMG_3439_zps833468f1.jpgHappy matesIMG_3434_2_zps3da0c367.jpg

The view point shot

IMG_3426_zps157da345.jpg

Sorry about the late response, have been busy at work and haven't had much time but would like to thanks everyone for the awesome comments so here's some new pictures i have taken over the weekend.

llX - yes that was my old ADA 30c and Mr. Aqua 17.4, thanks for checking it out!

Neuwave - Hope to not disappointed you! Can't wait to get more goodies soon.

Podpimp - thanks for the comments but sadly there is a new scape in the mix for the 2013

Mastermind9 - glad to see you swing by..

Nano sapiens - Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated

Jstn - Coming soon

parishilton - thanks, So is your tank too!

Mr. Microscope - thankyou, there's more to come

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New scape in the spring? Don't touch it!!!! You have that Japanese thing going on right now. It looks awesome.

I meant that this is my newest scape and Yes I won't touch it anymore! Thanks for the awesome comment! :)

Neuwave - Hope to not disappointed you! Can't wait to get more goodies soon.

Not at all disappointed. Growing in nicely. Still in aww of the cardinals. Great job.

Lookin great as always!Have you been able to find a German blue digi? I've still been checking everywhere for you!
No I haven't been looking and have been staying away lfs because I am to addicted to bring a new coral home. Lol I would like to find a good size German blue digi. Thanks for looking/ searching one for me Ben! How's those frags from Harry doing?

Not at all disappointed. Growing in nicely. Still in aww of the cardinals. Great job.
those cardinals photo shoot was for you! I know if I tease you with them pictures of my cardinals, it would make you wanna get some for your tank. Haha
jedimasterben

No I haven't been looking and have been staying away lfs because I am to addicted to bring a new coral home. Lol I would like to find a good size German blue digi. Thanks for looking/ searching one for me Ben! How's those frags from Harry doing?

:lol: I know what you mean! I've been trying to stay away from all the LFS, but I don't think I can resist for long!

I'll keep my eyes open for you. I still can't believe I got such a large colony of it for the price I did, I was wayyy lucky! Hopefully that luck will apply for you, too!

I only lost one frag, and it wasn't doing too well from shipping. Plus, I think one of my chalices was trying to kill it. That chalice is a MONSTER! It sends out long 6" sweepers, but the other night I saw it throwing out those bright white 'mini-sweepers' that are the real killers, they're actually a part of the coral's stomach and do serious damage to anything they touch! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT1gWugdkfM

• Like 1

:lol: I know what you mean! I've been trying to stay away from all the LFS, but I don't think I can resist for long!

I'll keep my eyes open for you. I still can't believe I got such a large colony of it for the price I did, I was wayyy lucky! Hopefully that luck will apply for you, too!

I only lost one frag, and it wasn't doing too well from shipping. Plus, I think one of my chalices was trying to kill it. That chalice is a MONSTER! It sends out long 6" sweepers, but the other night I saw it throwing out those bright white 'mini-sweepers' that are the real killers, they're actually a part of the coral's stomach and do serious damage to anything they touch!

I can't believe you got yourself a great deal on a large colony too! That is awesome! That is one crazy video how those corals fighting. I only have one issue and it's my acan encha, it would kill anything that is close, drop, and destroy anything. i lost so many due to hermit crabs pushing the corals on top of it. i actually watch them did it and was like this has had to be stop. lol

Very nice, loving the two islands!

Thanks you Asureef, thank you for visiting..

Well, today i got a chances to stop by some few lfs and picked up a nice size purple monti cap and a Tiger Conch. I hope he can takecare some of my sand issue fast.. the tank is looking a mess right now but hopefully things will clear up soon.

Thanks everyone for checking out and leaving awesome comments!

Unfortunately the tank is out of wack! I just discovered white nudi eating monti so I took out all the monti and inspect and revive them. Then I watch all the nudi die off. So that problem is solved but now over the weekend I did a monthly water change and notice small reddish pod looking on the tank glass. I got really concerned so I google search and found out that my problem now are red flatworms and never experience this before. How can I get rid of this problem. I am not quite sure on what to do and the tank is maturing and doing so great right now that I am afraid it will crash from the toxin of the dead flatworm from over population.

Any tip to save the tank?

Unfortunately the tank is out of wack! I just discovered white nudi eating monti so I took out all the monti and inspect and revive them. Then I watch all the nudi die off. So that problem is solved but now over the weekend I did a monthly water change and notice small reddish pod looking on the tank glass. I got really concerned so I google search and found out that my problem now are red flatworms and never experience this before. How can I get rid of this problem. I am not quite sure on what to do and the tank is maturing and doing so great right now that I am afraid it will crash from the toxin of the dead flatworm from over population.

If they are the small red planaria flatworm, they don't hurt anything. Although they can increase in population quickly. If your numbers are low, try flatworm exit from salifert. It is safe, even double dose you should be fine. I've even dosed this in my sps tank with no flatworms. I've also dosed several times in my old tank, but that tank was infected with them and they always seem to pop back up after a few months. After treatment you will need to do a 10-20% water change and run fresh carbon.

• Like 1
Polarcollision

I used Flatworm exit. Syphoned out 20 before dosing and syphoned out 20 more as they died. Got all but one out of the tank. It didn't matter though because allmost all of my SPS died from RTN and the ones that made it are still pale and just now starting to make a comeback. If I had it to do all over again I'd get the blue and black striped nudibranch to munch them and then just trade it with someone else when it ran out of food.

I had a bloom of the red centered planaria flat worms before, it seemed to coincide with the end of the cycle where nutrients and copepod densitys peaked. After a couple weeks they all but dissapeared though. Maybe you will be luck and have a similar boom and bust cycle?

• 3 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

Man, what an awesome tank from page1. Definitely one of the best 9mo old tanks I've seen. Sorry to read about your recent trouble. Make sure you inspect those montipora closely as the eggs will survive any dip and once you have them they are extremely difficult to get rid of.

melanurus wrasse

They hunt all day!

Archived