Coral Vue Hydros

Podpimp's 60 + 30 Gallon CUBE UPGRADE TO LARGE CUBE!

PODPIMP

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it bro! I wish u can frag me a piece of that purple stylo no one have it at my lfs, it's hard to find.

How do you like the LEDs so far. Your MH still show great colors

Thanks! Stylos are all over here, suck that you don't have them by you. It's only 2 days with LEDs :) Not sure yet. Running 40% for acclimation. It is going to take months before I can form an opinion. I really want it to work because one day I would like to replace the 400w halide with 1 or 2 LED fixtures :)

The 60 looks great! Selling the ati 6 bulb? I may be interested ;)

A buddy is already taking it. If for some reason he changes his mind I'll send you a PM.

Spirofucci

I took my first plunge into LED. I have to experience what all this hype is about :). I have a Radion G2 over my frag/second display tank. I have it set on Natural reef mode at a 40% max for acclimation. I'm loving the controllability but I hate the multi colored disco effect. I plan on putting some of the same SPS in my display and frag tank to compare colors. Since they are plumbed together, lighting will be the only real difference.
Since upgrading display lighting to a 400w radium, growth has exploded. Very happy with the Sfiliogi fixture.
IMG_4632_zps06fd8a4d.jpg
Quick cell pic of 60 gallon

img4634vy.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Holy crap! What a beauty!!!!!!!!

Arkayology

Your 60 is looking awesome. I also like the frag tank. Colors look great! How about some before/after growth shots of stuff under the 400w?

Holy crap! What a beauty!!!!!!!!

Thanks Spiro. I might be picking your brain soon about radion programming settings :)

Your 60 is looking awesome. I also like the frag tank. Colors look great! How about some before/after growth shots of stuff under the 400w?

It's only 3 weeks and I didn't take specific growth shots. I will try to find the last photos under the 250w and compare to now. I do notice bigger growth tips on some stuff and my B-ionic consumption went from 60mls -80mls daily (to maintain 9dkh, 430 cal)

Here's a maricultured yellow milli from April 10th

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/jackson6745/media/60%20gallon%20restart/IMG_4311_zpse05ae85d.jpg.html'>IMG_4311_zpse05ae85d.jpg

Here's one from this morning May 12th

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/jackson6745/media/IMG_4707_zps19d1191b.jpg.html'>IMG_4707_zps19d1191b.jpg

I will get more pics soon. Just been very busy with work. Growth has exploded since adding the 400w radium to the display and the ecotech radion g2 to the 30 gallon. I went from adding 60mls each for cal and alk, to 120mls of each. This is maintaing 9dkh, and 440 cal. This is the fasted increase that I ever experienced.

Nice growth on the millepora :happydance: , is it the picture that makes it look more green now? Yellow is hard to keep yellow. How are the LED's going for you so far?

Christine :)

Nice growth on the millepora :happydance: , is it the picture that makes it look more green now? Yellow is hard to keep yellow. How are the LED's going for you so far?

Christine :)

Thanks Christine. It's still yellow but it does have a little more green to it now. The first pic was taken top down under the halide, the second pic was taken from the front with t5's only. Growth has been good under the radion so far. I am not a fan of the spectrum though. It just doesn't give the pop that the halide does, however it is a good tradeoff overall for the energy savings. I was getting sick of the pastel colors with t5's. I needed a change :)

It's too soon to tell for sure since I am still on acclimation mode running 50% max.

Sometimes you just need a change once and a while, I'm thinking the opposite ATM, thinking to go back to T5 , haha. :)

Red_Blenny

IMG_4311_zpse05ae85d.jpg

Just wondering... what kind of acropora is the blue one? Haven't seen an acropora with that kind of coralites before.

edit: Nvm, I think I found it by looking at couple of pages back... It's an Abrolhosensis right? That piece looks nice, I've never seen one around here(I think).

Thanks guys.

Here is 3 weeks growth on an efflo

DSC_0004_zps96691e8e.jpg

Yea that efflo is the sickest ive seen in a while! Looks awesome! Me Want!

Just wondering... what kind of acropora is the blue one? Haven't seen an acropora with that kind of coralites before.

edit: Nvm, I think I found it by looking at couple of pages back... It's an Abrolhosensis right? That piece looks nice, I've never seen one around here(I think).

The blue one next to the yellow milli is a hoeksemi. I actually have 2 pieces of this coral from different colonies (split with friend). The other one is a more teal color :)

You suck, I've been wanting an efflo and that one would be perfect for me!

Yea that efflo is the sickest ive seen in a while! Looks awesome! Me Want!

I lucked out with this one :) This was a $40 maricuture colony at a LFS. I was there as they got in their shipment. Just goes to show that you don't have to spend big bucks on "LE" frags :)

• 2 weeks later...

FYI

I've been using a bubble magnus t01 for 5 months (purchased new 7 months ago). Nothing but trouble for me. I am doising 140mls daily now in my SPS reef. I am only using 2 of the 3 modules. 1 for cal and 1 for alk. Dosing is always uneven. My alk module never doses enough, and my calcium module dumped around 500ml's of calcium into my tank (I have since switched to unused module). I'm just happy it was my calcium that dumped and not my alkerm.gif

Seaside aquatics has offered no help. They told me to purchase new heads, and that the heads are only covered for 6 months. They are considered a "wear and tear" part. IMO this product is flawed. If you have an SPS tank and dose heavily, this doser will eventually kill your tank. They should make this VERY clear in the product description. What a waste of money. DON'T PURCHASE A BUBBLE MAGNUS T01

Paleoreef103

FYI

I've been using a bubble magnus t01 for 5 months (purchased new 7 months ago). Nothing but trouble for me. I am doising 140mls daily now in my SPS reef. I am only using 2 of the 3 modules. 1 for cal and 1 for alk. Dosing is always uneven. My alk module never doses enough, and my calcium module dumped around 500ml's of calcium into my tank (I have since switched to unused module). I'm just happy it was my calcium that dumped and not my alkerm.gif

Seaside aquatics has offered no help. They told me to purchase new heads, and that the heads are only covered for 6 months. They are considered a "wear and tear" part. IMO this product is flawed. If you have an SPS tank and dose heavily, this doser will eventually kill your tank. They should make this VERY clear in the product description. What a waste of money. DON'T PURCHASE A BUBBLE MAGNUS T01

That sucks! I have only heard glowing reviews of the GHL ProfiLux stand alone doser. Tank looks amazing though!

That sucks! I have only heard glowing reviews of the GHL ProfiLux stand alone doser. Tank looks amazing though!

Thanks. Here is a video from 10 days ago that I didn't post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lscZNqLgLF4&list=UUhMQtkcK_YQuWgCqG41ncXA&index=1

I am considering the GHL but I was also suggested Kaomer dosing pump. I'll do some more homework and purchase a new one soon. I can't risk losing the tank from a dosing malfunction.

Sorry to hear about your doser, that sucks, I use the Stand alone GHL and I have had no issues with it.

Christine

FYI

I've been using that doser for a few months now and haven't had any problems. knock on wood..

Head units will need replacements no matter the brand, some are actually interchangeable.

I would check the head units and make sure the tubing isn't twisted, as this can allow the solution to drip.

Another thing you can do is use a check valve and see if that solves your problem.

BTW, that's alot of light for that 60g.

Though the tank is coming along nicely.

Sorry to hear about your doser, that sucks, I use the Stand alone GHL and I have had no issues with it.

Christine

Probably my next purchase

I've been using that doser for a few months now and haven't had any problems. knock on wood..

Head units will need replacements no matter the brand, some are actually interchangeable.

I would check the head units and make sure the tubing isn't twisted, as this can allow the solution to drip.

Another thing you can do is use a check valve and see if that solves your problem.

BTW, that's alot of light for that 60g.

Though the tank is coming along nicely.

I understand heads will wear, but WHEN they do you could potentially kill your tank. Initially I had the doser lines in my sump, lower than the top of my dosing containers. After the siphon occurred I raised the lines higher than containers so siphon would not be possible again. I am sill however dealing with uneven dosages. Changing the heads will most likely fix the problem temporarily, but I lost faith in this products function. For $300 I expected better performance, and certainly better customer service. In the long run what is the cost to throw a cheap chinese fabricated dosing head to a customer in an attempt to maintain relations?

Anyway, I don't want to dwell on this much more :). I will replace the heads on this unit and you will see it for sale shortly.

As for the light, yes it's a lot but no more than someone running 2x400's on a 120 gallon :) (Did that in the past)

The corals have responded unbelievably to the 400w radium. My calcium and alkalinity consumption has more than doubled and it is apparent in the growth rate. There is no light that I have seen that can compare to the spectrum of a 400w radium. Yes, it is an energy hog, but when I look at medreds lighting I feel that it is conservative lol

Ironically, the ecotech radion is doing a better job at over-lighting my corals :) The more direct focus of the LED's really packs a punch to SPS tissue. I am only running 45% in natural mode and I have fading/pastel going on. It's going to be a long acclimation.

• 3 weeks later...
The tank has hit the 6 month mark. Everything is growing and colorful but I have been getting annoying stn problems on some corals. I noticed this when my alk would drop below 8dkh. Bumping up and maintaing 9dkh has slowed or stopped most stn however, some has continued very slowly. This has been difficult for me to maintain lately because the tank is constantly sucking up more cal and alk (adding 160ml of each daily) and I haven't been around much lately to check on things.

I recently stopped using GFO and all STN has stopped at the moment. Not really sure why the STN started in the first place. Weird thing is it was only on supposedly hardier tank raised corals. Very hard to keep hoeksemis and abrotanoides are flourishing. There's always something new to learn with SPS.

Anyway here's an Iphone shot from the other night.

I am concentrating on adding more LPS and zoos at the moment. :)

Archived