Coral Vue Hydros

Aaron's Rimless 18" Cube

aaron1987

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how's the hogfish doing? i've been going back and forth on grabbing one for my tank. i've heard they can be aggressive but most of the time they're fairly passive.

snowboardkid26

Beautiful tank! I'm also building an 18" cube right now. Just getting to the stocking stage. Check it out in Members Tanks and let me know what you think. As of right now Im super jealous!

how's the hogfish doing? i've been going back and forth on grabbing one for my tank. i've heard they can be aggressive but most of the time they're fairly passive.

I've had a candy hog before and both of them have been model citizens. I guess in fairness I don't really have anything else in the cube that he could beat up on even if he wanted to but they've never been anything but peaceful for me. Great fish, always cruising the tank and not at all shy.

Beautiful tank! I'm also building an 18" cube right now. Just getting to the stocking stage. Check it out in Members Tanks and let me know what you think. As of right now Im super jealous!

Thanks! I'll definitely have to check yours out.

Unfortunately my shipment from Zack got lost by the wonderful courier for a day. USPS Express or not is not on my good side, lately. On the upside, Zack is awesome and will be replacing the losses due to shipping. I have the blasto's healing up along with the other survivors. I'll see about snapping a picture tomorrow, though unfortunately the piece I was most excited about was crushed during shipping :(

In other news, I grabbed some goodies from Live Aquaria today! Should be arriving Tuesday! I'm feeling bold, so I've got a red mandarin, flame angel, and midas blenny. 66% gambles. Wish me luck on both counts :)

Have you received the blastos yet? :)

They were part of the shipment from Zack. I did. They looked quite rough at first because of the delay, but they're rapidly improving and starting to eat which is really encouraging but I always worry about blastos that have been stressed as they sometimes just continue to decline. I thought for sure the superman was hosed but somehow it looks to be pulling through. I'll grab some pics of them tomorrow, even though they're recovering on the sand in the shade.

Sorry to hear that Aaron, your shipment from Zack got me really excited. Glad to hear that he's taking care of you though!

Me too on both counts! Not his fault at all, so it's great that he's taking care of me.

I guess I can share one of the pieces that didn't make it since I'm unsure when I'll get the replacement (tricky to harvest..)

Anyone want to see a $300 piece of goop?

post-33631-1353475083_thumb.jpg

RIP Tie-die mushroom. Such a damn shame and waste. The good news is he may have a replacement for it soon if all goes well.

Edit: I don't wan this to just be a post about the bad. Anyone want to see Zack's awesome packing method? (warning: spoilers on some of the additions!)

post-33631-1353475320_thumb.jpg

Me too on both counts! Not his fault at all, so it's great that he's taking care of me.

I guess I can share one of the pieces that didn't make it since I'm unsure when I'll get the replacement (tricky to harvest..)

Anyone want to see a $300 piece of goop?

post-33631-1353475083_thumb.jpg

RIP Tie-die mushroom. Such a damn shame and waste. The good news is he may have a replacement for it soon if all goes well.

That's some expensive goop you have there my friend. That's a real shame of a loss.

Mind sharing what made it? I noticed space invaders was on one of those happy time cups.

In most cases, the seller does not have the responsibility of refunding or replacing DOAs that were due to the shipper's fault like you said. Zack's definitely going way beyond what he can easily decline from his policy... He's got a lot of my respect for sure.

Ugh, sorry to hear about the shipping debacle! Glad the seller is taking care of you though, gives me hope for placing an order with him at some point. Can't wait to see pics of the survivors!

That's some expensive goop you have there my friend. That's a real shame of a loss.

Mind sharing what made it? I noticed space invaders was on one of those happy time cups.

Sure thing!

Currently recovering:

Space Invaders Pectinia (2 eyes)

Tequila Sunrise Blasto (2 heads)

Superman Blasto (3 heads with a baby)

Chunk of ATL Meteor Shower

Nuclear Green Candy Canes

Re-deliver list:

Tie-dye Mushroom

Japanese Neon Green Toadstool

... and I'm definitely going to have to have him add some more goodies when those get re-shipped. He's taking care of me so he'll get some more business (plus, how can I resist all those damn goodies?!)

Ugh, sorry to hear about the shipping debacle! Glad the seller is taking care of you though, gives me hope for placing an order with him at some point. Can't wait to see pics of the survivors!

Don't hesitate! Zack is the real deal. I'll get those pics up ASAP!

Man. Space invaders and tie dye. That's two more corals that we're both going to have!

I've yet to see anyone with his Japanese Toadstool, that one always got me really curious since it's a solid neon green.

Man. Space invaders and tie dye. That's two more corals that we're both going to have!

I've yet to see anyone with his Japanese Toadstool, that one always got me really curious since it's a solid neon green.

I told you I went for the good stuff :)

One of the baby tie-dye's has got your name on it whenever it starts reproducing! They're not the easiest things to come by - not the same thing as the jawbreaker's despite people referring to them as 'tie-dye/jawbreaker'. Zack told me that hes lucky to get 3-4 babies in a year off one; 4+" full grown.

You hit the nail on the head regarding the neon toadstool's allure for me. No one's got it and it sounds pretty sweet. I hear they grow pretty freaking slowly, though.

I told you I went for the good stuff :)

One of the baby tie-dye's has got your name on it whenever it starts reproducing! They're not the easiest things to come by - not the same thing as the jawbreaker's despite people referring to them as 'tie-dye/jawbreaker'. Zack told me that hes lucky to get 3-4 babies in a year off one; 4+" full grown.

You hit the nail on the head regarding the neon toadstool's allure for me. No one's got it and it sounds pretty sweet. I hear they grow pretty freaking slowly, though.

Yes green toadstool grows very slow. It took me 1 year 1/2 to get from 1" to 3" but it's very beautiful

Yes green toadstool grows very slow. It took me 1 year 1/2 to get from 1" to 3" but it's very beautiful

Oh awesome - didn't realize you had one. Is yours the Tyree (green/cream base) or TCR (green/green base) and have you got any pics of it?

so beautiful

Thanks! It's really starting to come along. I'm trying to decide if I want to stick (get it?!) with the SPS or go all/mostly softies this time.

Wow, lovely stuff you got there....Definitely with those new blastos, I love!

Thanks man! I know you're a blasto fan so if I've got your stamp of approval they must be pretty good looking :)

Gorgeous! Love the new FTS. & it looks like most of your newbies are none the worse for wear after the shipping debacle. I :wub: those new blastos! Must.get.some.

You got me worried when you said they came in stressed, they all look fluffy and happy. Your scaping looks amazing with those corals.

Archived