SaltCritters.com

Aaron's Rimless 18" Cube

aaron1987

xerophyte_nyc
DSC_0771.jpgDSC_0768.jpgDSC_0762.jpgDSC_0753.jpgDSC_0750.jpgaaaand the new FTS!DSC_0780.jpg

Orange is a rare color in most people's tanks, but the orange in your fish complements the rest of the scape very nicely. I also appreciate the open water. Well done.

• Like 1
  • Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Yikes... I haven't been on top of my tank thread at all!

Pictures?!?! :happy:

Suppose it is about time for an updated FTS, eh? Soon...

SO RAD... love this tank.

Thanks!

You and me! Where are you going to put the hammer? Torches sometimes don't play nice with other euphys.

It's over in the far left middle, thankfully the current is such that all my euphy's avoid eachother, though my Tort occasionally catches the stray sweeper :(

Your tequila sunrise are awesome! Im getting a polyp locally soon! Also thanks for pointing me out to the digital fishroom a while back! Cant wait to watch this tank keep growing!

Thanks a lot! It sprouted a new head, I'm pretty stoked! All my blasto's are actually doing really well. No prob on the referral to TDF, Zack does great stuff. And me too - grow baby grow!

How is the tank coming along? Have you been by Oceans by Design in Tukwila yet? They opened a few weeks ago. GREAT store.

Doing really well! I'm weaning a mandarin over to prepared food at present. Takes Ova prawn roe well but still isnt convinced pellets are really food for regular consumption... I'll have to look into it. I haven't been by at all. What do they have in stock?

Orange is a rare color in most people's tanks, but the orange in your fish complements the rest of the scape very nicely. I also appreciate the open water. Well done.

Thanks a lot! I actually need to get some fish that aren't yellow/orange... Midas blenny, candy hog, yellowhead jaw....

Gorgeous corals and FTS Aaron! Keep them co Coming..

Thanks a ton! Means a lot coming from you...

How is the sexy tank doing man?

My LPS are growing nicely and the SPS are coloring up slowly but surely. I really need to get a doser...

Tank looks beautiful aaron. Awesome job man

Glad you're still hanging about the forums! Yours was one of the best. Thanks a ton man.

Really sharp looking tank.

Great choice of corals and scape.

Appreciate it!

Tank's still alive and kicking bro?

It is indeed! Unfortunately it has had to take a back seat to work lately but it's doing pretty well on autopilot. I've got some hair algae and cyano that I'm treating with purigen and plucking to bring down my phosphates. Really need to invest in an auto doser and media reactor for some GFO but life has been expensive lately! Just been watching the new heads pop up. Can't wait for it to grow in more. I'm just a few corals away from capacity....

They have everything in stock. They are ramping up their corals but they have been bringing alot of nice stuff in. I'm still not convinced on the lights they use as everything looks alittle washed out. But in other peoples tanks everything looks amazing. I think it is just their lights.

They have everything in stock. They are ramping up their corals but they have been bringing alot of nice stuff in. I'm still not convinced on the lights they use as everything looks alittle washed out. But in other peoples tanks everything looks amazing. I think it is just their lights.

Nice. How are the prices? I like the 'designer' stuff but if it's not competitively priced... forget it.

What about fish? Always seems to be the hardest thing for LFS's to do right...

Nice. How are the prices? I like the 'designer' stuff but if it's not competitively priced... forget it.

What about fish? Always seems to be the hardest thing for LFS's to do right...

Prices are pretty good. Some things are alittle crazy. But most are right on. Cheaper than Barrier typically.

Fish are their strong point. Right now they don't have a ton in as they sell pretty quick but all are incredibly healthy and vibrant. They QT for a month and do strong medicating before they even hit the display tanks. You need to get in there. haha

Prices are pretty good. Some things are alittle crazy. But most are right on. Cheaper than Barrier typically.

Fish are their strong point. Right now they don't have a ton in as they sell pretty quick but all are incredibly healthy and vibrant. They QT for a month and do strong medicating before they even hit the display tanks. You need to get in there. haha

Oh really? That's a pretty impressive QT practice. I wonder how long they'll be able to keep that up... I'll definitely have to swing by when I'm back from Boston next week!

Oh really? That's a pretty impressive QT practice. I wonder how long they'll be able to keep that up... I'll definitely have to swing by when I'm back from Boston next week!

I don't see them having an issue with it. They built a very nice system for it and have factored it into their pricing. Their pricing still beats most competitors.

Great FTS!

Thanks! One of the challenges with the corals I've selected (given they don't stick up much...) is that it makes it hard to capture the whole lot with an FTS but I am pretty pleased with how they've turned out for the most part.

This tank is awesome! I really like the pillar aquascape and that goni is beautiful.

Thanks! Funnily enough I was really wanting to accentuate the "canyon" in the middle of the aquascape but as luck would have it I've basically ended up with two pillars courtesy of my corals. Not the worst thing in the world - it reminds me of diving in Cozumel.

Aaron this tank is looking great! If you ever decide to frag the Tequila sunrise blasto or that gold/blue torch, I want to be the first to buy them! Of course if you decide to ship though! This tank is coming along great and your scape has inspired me to do a nice pillar one for my 37 column Im setting up right now! Keep up the good work!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived