Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Aaron's Rimless 18" Cube

aaron1987

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I've ever stumbled in here before.. nice tank!! love the scape and all the color..

Thanks! I'm hoping the Black Friday live sales add some more color :)

Stumble in more!

Impulse buy the trio spurring an upgrade? Terrible, terrible idea.... Do it. ;)

Let's play over/under. I'm guessing $800 on the trio.

That's a good guess. It's $299 for the single fellah so $900 for all three before a trio discount. I'll be optimistic and say it's $750 and hope that the gals will be a lot cheaper.

For the cost of the trio, I might as well get my dream Joculator LOL.

That's a good guess. It's $299 for the single fellah so $900 for all three before a trio discount. I'll be optimistic and say it's $750 and hope that the gals will be a lot cheaper.

For the cost of the trio, I might as well get my dream Joculator LOL.

Haha true that. Or it's half of a tropical vacation - I recommend Kona, it's like a giant aquarium down there with all the endemic hobby-fish. Saw a ton (relatively) of Potters Wrasse including a little juvi... such a cool fish.

That thing got sniped to fast.

I was tempted to try buying it just to see if I could. I think I could've ;)

And apparently females are worth half a male sooo I think that means you win the over/under this time. Should've been $600 ish.

JMO the angel hybrid was BA, the multibar angel looked really nice, along with my fav the randalls assessor :wub:

Was a pretty solid update!

I was tempted to try buying it just to see if I could. I think I could've ;)

And apparently females are worth half a male sooo I think that means you win the over/under this time. Should've been $600 ish.

Bwuahaha... I win.

And now I wait for my 1" joculator to appear.

Alright as promised a FTS and a few others with a decent camera. I didn't do much cleaning so forgive the algae and smudged glass:

Where (some of) the expensive corals hang

post-33631-0-38725200-1384399454_thumb.jpg

Tequila Sunrise... and GHA

post-33631-0-31968500-1384399468_thumb.jpg

Aaaand new FTS

post-33631-0-21198200-1384399481_thumb.png

O

My

Gawd!

Where da #### is the GHA? That is CLEAN!

I think my subpar photography skills hid it well :P It's getting better but until there's none, as far as I'm concerned I have an infestation!

Looks beautiful bud

Thank you. It looks too much like it did a year ago, though. It's had more downs than ups thanks to all the work travel I've had to do. Hoping to rectify that and get it back on the right path again!

Stop making me drool on these eye candys!!

Never!

Did you start that superman blasto colony with that frag from TDF? If so, man did it grow!

I did; in fact, that blasto has been happy as a clam from the moment I put it in my aquarium. One my my favorite pieces and since it's not worth all that much I don't have the urge to uproot it and frag it. My little island is pretty low on real-estate between the Superman and the Miami Hurricane... Soon It will be just those two,slowly growing over eachother :P

Nice looking tank!

Thank you!

I was browsing another forum and stumbled across this picture:

106074d1384789533-what-have-we-really-le

I'm a huge fan of how limited the contact with the sandbed is, despite the substantial growth in the water column. Very cool effect and a reminder that not everything has to be done with the rock structure itself.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a lot. My salinity spiked at 1.031 and I lost color in a lot of corals yet the softies continue to chug along. I'll be moving in about 3 weeks and that always is an adventure. Will also give me the chance to deep clean everything.

I guess the one positive is that I currently have 4 baby Tie Dye's - including one that's started to develop some red. It seems to reproduce in response to stress! I should list a couple for sale before I move, just in case...

Archived