ReefCleaners.org

Aaron's Rimless 18" Cube

aaron1987

So I nearly pulled the trigger on fish... for now that's on hold - coral > fish, right?

Becaaaause I have been in touch with TDF and have just placed an order. Big things! :ninja: Mum's the word for now but I will say I do believe I contacted him at the right time!

That's right. Coral > Fish because coral can live longer and make you a few bucks when it overgrows, hehe! can't wait to hear!

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's right. Coral > Fish because coral can live longer and make you a few bucks when it overgrows, hehe! can't wait to hear!

I'm gonna need a couple bucks from eventual frags after this order! ;) I would spill the beans but a couple pieces are still healing up and you never know what may happen in transit - its not real 'till it's in the tank!

Coral > Fish! Also very nice tort OP!

Coral > Fish! Also very nice tort OP!

Thanks! I'm waiting for it to start encrusting but it's holding its color quite nicely for me!

New FTS time - courtesy of my cell phone:

20121030_191338.jpg

I was going to play the 'find the new corals' game but this pic is way worse than it looked on my phone haha. I snagged 2 heads of dendro, some mohawks, rainbows, and lord of things palys the other week.

And time to play the ID game; anyone recognize this stuff growing on the snail? I had a bloom of them a couple weeks back. No hard skeleton like a tube worm, withdraw when touched. Hoping it's not a pest...

20121024_170722.jpg

Those be some hydroids.

Man, that scape is looking great!

Yup, lotsa hydroids.

Tank is looking very nice.

Thanks for the compliments! I'm pretty pleased with the way the scape is coming along, and I think I'm going to be in good shape for allowing the SPS to grow out.

Damn. You guys are completely right and I'm not sure why that didn't immediately come to mind. Thus far they haven't stung anything to death but I know my zoa's are in peril as they spread and I swear to god if they mess with my angel eyes favite I will burn those #@*$&)#@ to the ground. Any advice for treatment? Kalk paste isn't great for me because everything is epoxied together and I don't want to spike my parameters. They are everywhere to an extent that I'm not interested in even pretending that I'm going to target hit them with it, either.

I like to super glue suffocate all of my pests. :happydance:

Try target feeding your fish for a while so the hydroids will have less to eat so they'll grow slower

Hmm, I'm not sure. I don't know if there's anything that eats them, although that sounds like the kind of thing you need.

That was basically the question I didn't directly ask but was certainly getting at ;). Fenner seems to be of the opinion that obligate predators would starve (nudi or whatever) and that the only reliable control is to suck it up and control the nutrients. Somewhat interesting as I didn't think I had much in the way of excess - guess I know where they've been tied up now. Too bad, I prefer the scorched earth approach when it comes to pests.

I like to super glue suffocate all of my pests. :happydance:

Try target feeding your fish for a while so the hydroids will have less to eat so they'll grow slower

I'd spend a fortune in super glue and have a tank full of white for my efforts! I do superglue tube worms though!

Time to see if I can get the jaw feeding on pellets - I love Rod's food but I was aware it's messy.

Order with TDF confirmed! I won't spill the beans but since it's not going to arrive 'till the 16th but here's a little sneak peek of a few mother colonies I'll be getting a piece of!

supermanblasto_21536.jpg

tequilasunriseblasto_24551.jpg

Order with TDF confirmed! I won't spill the beans but since it's not going to arrive 'till the 16th but here's a little sneak peek of a few mother colonies I'll be getting a piece of!

supermanblasto_21536.jpg

tequilasunriseblasto_24551.jpg

LOL! Wtf, those two look almost exactly like my blastos! We have more similar taste than I thought. :)

Did you see that crazy blasto Cherry corals posted? I almost caved in!

Deleted User 4
LOL! Wtf, those two look almost exactly like my blastos! We have more similar taste than I thought. :)

Really??? It doesn't look like it to me...maybe it's your lighting? or camera? lol

Really??? It doesn't look like it to me...maybe it's your lighting? or camera? lol

I can see mine in person. They're very similar.

Then it's got to be your camera or lighting....lol.

Check my thread again. Made a top down shot just for you Ben!

I was actually going to get those two same blastos from TDF as well until I found these two on a different site. No TDF Orchids for you?

Haha great minds do think alike. I did see it and man if Zack hadn't just taken all my money... awesome blasto!

Those blastos are saweet!

They really are some of my favorites!

Check my thread again. Made a top down shot just for you Ben!

I was actually going to get those two same blastos from TDF as well until I found these two on a different site. No TDF Orchids for you?

Are you talking about the orchid paly, or...? Guess that's my way of saying no but I've got a bunch of other goodies coming. I got the good stuff, don't you worry ;)

This tank is hawt! Great scape and it looks like you are only putting first class colorful corals in there.

Thanks! I'm trying to do it right since I've got such a limited space to keep corals! Gotta make every inch count :) Plus, I like to be able to sell my excess corals as they grow out and pretend like I'm making some money back haha

Tank looks great!

If you do go to Barrier Reef's sale this weekend be careful of fish. A lot of the fish they get in just a few days before the sale. I've yet to have one survive from their sale. Coral is usually a safe bet.

Tank looks great!

If you do go to Barrier Reef's sale this weekend be careful of fish. A lot of the fish they get in just a few days before the sale. I've yet to have one survive from their sale. Coral is usually a safe bet.

Thanks for the heads up. I always get tempted but the truth is that without a QT tank I really ought to stick with LA DD. Not perfect, but better than the alternative - don't think I could handle an ich outbreak or the like.

Those blastos are drool-worthy! What is TDF?

They are definitely lookers! TDF = the digital fish room, aka nanofins on R2R. Hobbyist with quite the collection that does a lot of selling. Has an easily searchable website and top notch corals/service.

They are definitely lookers! TDF = the digital fish room, aka nanofins on R2R. Hobbyist with quite the collection that does a lot of selling. Has an easily searchable website and top notch corals/service.

Thanks, it's an awesome site! I may have to pay him some monies :lol: How many polyps of the Blastos did you end up ordering?

Archived