inTank Media Baskets

Aaron's Rimless 18" Cube

aaron1987

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet cube. Hopefully you'll have better luck with the new order.

I'm hoping to get back to the NW sometime soon. I don't miss the rain but I do miss having stores that aren't 3 hours away.

Rain?!?, we just had 50 straight days of sun :lol:

20120911_102344.jpg

Squee! Sad to hear about your Potters, but hopefully these guys will give you a boost.

Rain?!?, we just had 50 straight days of sun :lol:

Squee! Sad to hear about your Potters, but hopefully these guys will give you a boost.

No kidding! I've been loving the weather this summer. It's been a fantastic welcome to the state.

Pearly, Flame, and Twinspot hog! No idea what's the one on the far right... LOL.

What happened to the BSJ idea?

Your powers of observation are dead on, though I'm surprise you didn't recognize the rare black-blob fish on the right. ;) It's actually an ORA red goni. Seemed to settle in nicely yesterday with a bit of PE not long after being introduced. I've got my LED's way down because I'm new to them and don't want to fry anything - probably about 25% though I'm thinking of bumping them up closer to 50% because it hardly looks like the lights are on at all atm!

The pearly popped up in the DD before a BSJ and my girlfriend liked it more. Gotta keep the Ms. happy and supportive of the money pit somehow ;)

Nice one. I love the clean looking tank.

Thanks!

Everyone is settling in nicely - the hog is out exploring this morning, as is the hawkfish. The pearly is firmly barricaded in his PVC pipe and has been since yesterday afternoon. I'm hopeful that he decides to make an appearance today so I can feel like they're all comfortable in their new home :)

No kidding! I've been loving the weather this summer. It's been a fantastic welcome to the state.

I grew up in Oregon and there's absolutely no doubt that summer in the PNW is about the best thing ever. You pay for it with the constant gray from October through June though. Still might be better than the wind in WY, though.

Anyway, congrats on the sweet cube again.

I grew up in Oregon and there's absolutely no doubt that summer in the PNW is about the best thing ever. You pay for it with the constant gray from October through June though. Still might be better than the wind in WY, though.

Anyway, congrats on the sweet cube again.

I started flying out here in April fairly regularly as one of my clients is located in Seattle and didn't find it to be that bad. I think people in the PNW are all just a bunch of babies about winter ;) . In Iowa it was cloudy AND well below freezing - if not below zero most of fall/winter. This summer was hands down the best I've experienced. Love mid-70's, sunny, and zero humidity!

I started flying out here in April fairly regularly as one of my clients is located in Seattle and didn't find it to be that bad. I think people in the PNW are all just a bunch of babies about winter ;) . In Iowa it was cloudy AND well below freezing - if not below zero most of fall/winter. This summer was hands down the best I've experienced. Love mid-70's, sunny, and zero humidity!

Fall-Winter-Spring are my faves out here. I'm a baby about the heat lol. Cool that your jawfish is using the PVC as a cave; I'd read that they can be kinda hit or miss on using "man-made."

I knew I was forgetting another "big" indie fish store- Blue Sierra in Issaquah. I think they have one in Bellevue/Factoria- don't go to that one. Their main store is the Issaquah location. Great freshwater selection, I only paid attention to their saltwater once which was recently & it was ok...but I think they normally have a better variety. Good place to get dry goods with I think fair pricing, can't be 100% on that bc I wasn't looking closely. They have coupons you can print out online for some savings, & I believe they'll try to accommodate special orders...

Fall-Winter-Spring are my faves out here. I'm a baby about the heat lol. Cool that your jawfish is using the PVC as a cave; I'd read that they can be kinda hit or miss on using "man-made."

I knew I was forgetting another "big" indie fish store- Blue Sierra in Issaquah. I think they have one in Bellevue/Factoria- don't go to that one. Their main store is the Issaquah location. Great freshwater selection, I only paid attention to their saltwater once which was recently & it was ok...but I think they normally have a better variety. Good place to get dry goods with I think fair pricing, can't be 100% on that bc I wasn't looking closely. They have coupons you can print out online for some savings, & I believe they'll try to accommodate special orders...

I've actually never had an issue with a jaw (BSJ or Pearly) taking to a PVC pipe - I find if you invert the bag and let them scoot backwards into the tube after acclimation they tend to stay put :)

Thanks for the heads up on Blue Sierra; I get out that way pretty frequently to hike on the weekends so I'll have to stop by on my way back into Seattle one of these times I'm in the Valley.

I've always figured that for a fish to settle in they need two things: shelter, and food. So I breathe a sigh of relief when they come out from hiding and explore and I see them eat. Last night each of the new additions were out and eating like pigs :)

Well my copepods and amphipods arrived this morning from Reefs2go. Turns out they were BOGO so my tank and sump and now swarming with 2,000 of the little buggers. They were ordered for the wrasse but since he's no longer with us, everyone else will get to stuff their face. It's clearly too many at the moment but at least my fish will be well fed while they cull the population down to something more manageable!

So would you recommend r2go? I was thinking about ordering some stuff from them.

I was pretty impressed, actually. It was only pods and they came in a well fitted styro with an icepack and certainly seemed to alive and kicking. I haven't heard anything about their other livestock (then again, I haven't looked for reviews) but based on this experience I'd say go for it!

Just got back from a business trip out east and everything is settling in nicely! The Goni comes out fully, jaw, hog, and hawkfish all appear fat and happy. That means it's time for some new additions soon! I'm trying to put in an order with the digital fish room since I was so pleased with Zack's livestock before but while I wait on that, I'm trying to figure out what SPS to add. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm hoping to limit it to ~3 branching/tabling kinds that I'll let grow into nice colonies, which means I want them to be bright and preferably (relatively) fast growing.

So, time to poll the audience - point me to some awesome SPS for sale!

TDF?! That guy has a lot of goodies! :)

Love the TDF Purple Orchids.

You're telling me! I regret never checking his tank out when I lived in the area. He shipped me a bunch of really quality stuff right before I sold the column. Waiting to hear back from him with my quote and the availability of a few more items but I've got my eyes on some serious goodies from him.

The Orchids weren't on my list but I might have to reconsider that, now that you had to go and point them out! What I really WANT to do is just order 3 of everything ;)

Now if only he had some tie-dye shrooms or Shazaam paly's in stock...

You're telling me! I regret never checking his tank out when I lived in the area. He shipped me a bunch of really quality stuff right before I sold the column. Waiting to hear back from him with my quote and the availability of a few more items but I've got my eyes on some serious goodies from him.

The Orchids weren't on my list but I might have to reconsider that, now that you had to go and point them out! What I really WANT to do is just order 3 of everything ;)

Now if only he had some tie-dye shrooms or Shazaam paly's in stock...

Check reef2reef, a lot of TDF shazaams going around for sale and jawbreaker/tie-dye as well! Lots of sticks as well.

Man... I'm looking for that shroom too. Looks like we got some similar tastes!

Check reef2reef, a lot of TDF shazaams going around for sale and jawbreaker/tie-dye as well! Lots of sticks as well.

Man... I'm looking for that shroom too. Looks like we got some similar tastes!

Thanks for the hunting tip - I'll check it out.

I'm telling you, we just need to split our efforts and trade frags cause we definitely share a similar set of tastes in coral!

I can't believe how many nice pieces are still available from the CC live sale. When my 9 new treats arrive there's going to be a LOT less space on my rock work! :)

I can't believe how many nice pieces are still available from the CC live sale. When my 9 new treats arrive there's going to be a LOT less space on my rock work! :)

You got the Roswell and Highlighter Acan right? ;)

You got the Roswell and Highlighter Acan right? ;)

Haha I did try to buy some plasma cutters but it was one of the first misses for me. No love for the Tokyo Sunrise? You must have bought it for yourself!

Yea, it wasn't kind to mine either :lol:

Man it was fun though! Good thing it doesn't happen more often...

Thank God I was working that day. Saved me lots of moolah... which didn't matter because I went on a fish store day the very next day with my buddy and we ended up with about 11 bags of corals. LOL.

Archived