ReefCleaners.org

THE OFFICIAL ASK ALBERT THIEL THREAD

ZephNYC

That is seriously cool. And the dude grabbing one is nuts.

Yes he sure is catching these possibly deadly ones with his bare hand but he seems to know of course where to grab it so the stingers (tentacles) cannot sting him

Albert

• Like 1

Saw the new Maxspect XF130 Gyre in action at my LFS. I was surprised at how slim it is and yes so powerful.

I believe it can deliver up to 2300 GPH so yes quiite powerful for its size indeed Les

Just a bit pricey according to many posts I read about it .... $299 here in the US

Albert

Interesting read- might take more energy to have what we consider good color- thanks for posting this

Yes based on that article that is what it would appear to be

Of course there are divergent opinions on lighting and energy needed when it comes to SPS corals and even LPS. Lighting is such a complicated issue as we all know by now

Albert

• Like 2

Albert,

What would you consider the minimum equipment to support a new tank if the user is willing to do 20% or more weekly WCs and dose if keeping stony corals?

Not necessarily what's best, but what would be the bare minimum to support the common easier stonys in the hobby? Include a "typical" fish load too.

• Like 1

Albert,

What would you consider the minimum equipment to support a new tank if the user is willing to do 20% or more weekly WCs and dose if keeping stony corals?

Not necessarily what's best, but what would be the bare minimum to support the common easier stonys in the hobby? Include a "typical" fish load too.

What size tank ?

Albert

• Like 1