Cultivated Reef

THE OFFICIAL ASK ALBERT THIEL THREAD

ZephNYC

albertthiel

Part III of the Video Series done by Thomas of ThomasVisionInc on U-Tube

All 3 are on the beginnings of the Reef Hobby and were recorded at Pure Reef (LFS) where I am doing a Nano-Reefs Aquarium Book signing today and where I will be from 10 am to 6 pm ...

If you are in the Atlanta area come visit ... would be delighted to meet a lot of Hobbyists today ... will also sign and dedicate your books, even if you already have the new one or one of my previous books.

Albert

• Like 1
albertthiel

Nano-Reef Aquariums Book Signing at Pure Reef, Alpharetta - Ga. Today !

Starts at 10:00 am Today at http://www.purereef.net located at 12900 Highway 9, Alpharetta, Ga.

Jack Kent from Continuum Aquatics, and Larry Dupont from the very successful LRS Food line will be present as well, and so will Thomas Brown from ThomasVisionInc who will be interviewing and recording Videos.

Don't miss this opportunity to visit "THE" Top Atlanta Saltwater Only LFS and meet us there

See you there !

Albert

albertthiel

Video of David Saxby's Large ... Reef Aquarium considered one of the best ones around

Starts off in B/W but switches to color ... You will be amazed at what is in this Reef !

Link :

Albert

It is brownish with white stripes it would be Wetmorella albofasciata. Likes caves and places to hide and go into, and you have plenty of those for sure ... and with what you feed the only issue is that it could get outcompeted for food which would not be a good thing ...

Albert

Thats what I thought a "Wetmorella albofaciata" I used to date a girl with almost the same name, but it was spelled a little differently.

If I get to that LFS this week I will get one as they always have them.

• Like 1

So Paul do you have a full view of what it looks like with all the parts included as I gather you do use the egg crate and the carbon container based on previous messages ...

Whenever you have time can you post a current view of what it looks like ... I am going with mine by your drawing and just got the tray but have to still drill it, which I am going to do this afternoon, but I just came back from the local post office who basically made my blood rise, and not just a bit, as they now tell me that the cost to mail the Book to Canada is not 3.50, and not 5.65 as I was told before on different occasions, but is in reality $ 14.75 !

Believe me my blood pressure is up a good deal ... don't quite know yet how to handle this ... all I can say is that the USPS have no clue about what they tell you when you call them on the phone, you only get the real answers when you bring them a package and they put it on their scale, and then tell you what the price "really" is.

Oh well, I'll go have lunch and think about what to do, and how to handle this as that is a real big difference, especially for the initial orders at the real low introductory price. BTW the US price is now listed correctly on the order form and so is the one to Canada. Those who paid the US originally listed postage are fine. I will absorb that 1.25 difference for all the orders made from the US.

Anyway .. on the New McCoy ... whenever you get a chance ...

Thanks ... Albert

Hi Albert. I just came across this post. I know its a few weeks old. I know the post office has reduced rate for shipping books and education materials. Its called medial mail. I'm not sure if this was mentioned to you or not. Maybe that would account for the difference in price.

• Like 1
albertthiel

Thats what I thought a "Wetmorella albofaciata" I used to date a girl with almost the same name, but it was spelled a little differently.

If I get to that LFS this week I will get one as they always have them.

Sounds like a plan Paul .... if they have the one with the Yellow bands that would be a real nice looking one too, and if you get more than one you can but they need to got in the tank at the same time and in different areas, so maybe one on the left of the tank and one on the right and you should IMO not have any issues with them not getting along ...

And yes I have to run into a girl named Wetmorella myself, not that common a name :-o

Here's a link to a good article on Wetmorella's :

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2004/10/fish

Albert

albertthiel

Hi Albert. I just came across this post. I know its a few weeks old. I know the post office has reduced rate for shipping books and education materials. Its called medial mail. I'm not sure if this was mentioned to you or not. Maybe that would account for the difference in price.

Thanks and yes that is actually how the books were shipped but Media Rate is only available for the US. Pity, would have been nice to have it for Canada as well as that would have lowered the shipping cost a great deal but that rate can only be used for domestic shipments, US territories and APO addresses.

Albert

albertthiel

Oh ok. Bummer that it doesn't apply to Canada. Do you offer an electronic copy of your book? For kindle, etc.

Yes bummer indeed ... and the postage to Canada goes up to $ US 14.75 ... insane IMO ...

Check PM for details on the book, the newsletter and the e-version ... I'll send the info in a few minutes.

Albert

Yes bummer indeed ... and the postage to Canada goes up to $ US 14.75 ... insane IMO ...

Check PM for details on the book, the newsletter and the e-version ... I'll send the info in a few minutes.

Albert[/quote

Thanks Albert

• Like 1
albertthiel

Albert[/quote

Thanks Albert

No problem ... message sent ... Have a great day ...

Albert

Sounds like a plan Paul .... if they have the one with the Yellow bands that would be a real nice looking one too, and if you get more than one you can but they need to got in the tank at the same time and in different areas, so maybe one on the left of the tank and one on the right and you should IMO not have any issues with them not getting along ...

And yes I have to run into a girl named Wetmorella myself, not that common a name :-o

Here's a link to a good article on Wetmorella's :

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2004/10/fish

Albert

Thanks for the link to these wrasses. This place always has them but they are not real cheap. They are about $50.00. No one there knows anything about them and I didn't want something that would get seven feet long. I did that once, I bought a remora of about 2". In a couple of months it was about a foot long and I gave it to the NY aquarium.

But those possum wrasses look cool and I don't care that they hide. I once had a cusk eel or brutlyd fish that I didn't hardly see for 18 years. I never even fed it but I would find it if I looked at the tank with a flashlight at night. I killed it by accident with a lot of old fish. I found it then.

I don't care if I could see it, as long as I know he is in there and he knows I am out here.

• Like 1
thepominlaw

Albert, book arrived today here in the UK, purchased it through brad and his bulk buy. Great read really pleased, one question how do we get hold of the ebook version and subscription said to be included?

Cheers

• Like 1
albertthiel

Albert, book arrived today here in the UK, purchased it through brad and his bulk buy. Great read really pleased, one question how do we get hold of the ebook version and subscription said to be included?Cheers

As long as I have your email address both are sent electronically. Will be in about 10 days or so

Thanks for the support. Enjoy Reefkeeping

Sent from my IPhone

Albert

thepominlaw

As long as I have your email address both are sent electronically. Will be in about 10 days or so

Thanks for the support. Enjoy Reefkeeping

Sent from my IPhone

Albert

I presume Brad will be sending over the email addresses? Although don't remembering him asking for it do you want me to pm it?

• Like 1
albertthiel

I presume Brad will be sending over the email addresses? Although don't remembering him asking for it do you want me to pm it?

Please do with full name as well. Thanks PM pls. Thanks

Sent from my IPhone

Albert

Tomorrow I am going to that store that always has the Possum wrasses. I would like to get one unless something else catches my eye like it always does. This place imports their own livestock so they get much different things than all the other LFSs in NY. There is always something that I never see so I love going there. Their staff is not all warm and fuzzy and the health of the animals is not always that great so you have to know what you are doing. I helped start their tanks over 40 years ago but that was a different owner.

Their prices are very good as they usually have firefish for $7.00 and it is also where I got that copperband for less than $10.00.

He is doing fine by the way as I saw pictures of it from the guy I gave it to.

http://s258.photobucket.com/user/urchsearch/media/2013-04-10124510_zpsfd1cc508.jpg.html'>2013-04-10124510_zpsfd1cc508.jpg

• Like 1
albertthiel

Thanks for the link to these wrasses. This place always has them but they are not real cheap. They are about $50.00. No one there knows anything about them and I didn't want something that would get seven feet long. I did that once, I bought a remora of about 2". In a couple of months it was about a foot long and I gave it to the NY aquarium.

But those possum wrasses look cool and I don't care that they hide. I once had a cusk eel or brutlyd fish that I didn't hardly see for 18 years. I never even fed it but I would find it if I looked at the tank with a flashlight at night. I killed it by accident with a lot of old fish. I found it then.

I don't care if I could see it, as long as I know he is in there and he knows I am out here.

They will stay small Paul .. 2 to 3 inches max. so no 7 footers than are longer than your tank :-o and yes that is about the right price that they are sold for at other places as well.

I was at the book signing until about 6:15 at the LFS and they actually had two for sale and they were both offered for $54.95.

Possum wrasse are nice indeed and once they get acclimated to the tank you will see more of them as long as no other fish chased them but the feeding is an important part here as making sure that they are getting food is most important as you obviously know and if they can't get to the food because of the other fish then they may not make it ...

Hope all goes well with them.

P.S. Book signing went real well and the store sold quite few books and at the higher price of $49.99 and no e-version as offered by me until I discontinue the direct ordering.

In the interim I got some more emails on the gmail account with some real nice and positive comments.

Anyway ... keep us posted on your Wetmorella ... and maybe a pic would be nice ... Thanks ...

Albert

albertthiel

Albert, book arrived today here in the UK, purchased it through brad and his bulk buy. Great read really pleased, one question how do we get hold of the ebook version and subscription said to be included? Cheers

For all who purchased the book from me directly, and for all who still purchase it via http://nano.athiel.net :

The Newsletter will be sent out as an attachment to an email and its size will be kept under 10 meg so ISP's do not block it because it is too large.

The e-Version is over 66 Meg and can therefore not be sent via email, I will create a dropbox download for it and those who are entitled to it will receive an email that they can log in and DL it.

First newsletter (basically #2 as #1 was already posted here) will go out in about 5 days possibly sooner.

e-Version will go out in 10 days or less.

Should you have any questions email me at albert.thiel@gmail.com .... thanks

And for those in the UK ... if you gave Brad your email your are OK as he sent me all the ones he had, but there were some missing so I will get in touch with him to try to get those.

Albert

albertthiel

Female finally took to the nem :) kept feeding near it. And it worked

Not sure if it is me but all I see is a Black Screen ... no image at all ... looked at it on U-Tube and same black screen ... Is it me ? Not sure ... maybe you can repost ... thanks ...

Albert