inTank Media Baskets

THE OFFICIAL ASK ALBERT THIEL THREAD

ZephNYC

Thanks Albert!

As you've mentioned, no STN/RTN took place. Which in turn made me believe that the coral was doing fine, since polyp extension was also normal.

It seems that this is a very rare occurence, since not much data exists.

Now, thinking about it, almost all of my sps, are maricultured (not by choice). This would probably have something to do with it.

If I see any more occurences or have the opportunity to post descriptive pictures, I will.

Please update if you find anything.

Thanks!

Thanks Albert!

As you've mentioned, no STN/RTN took place. Which in turn made me believe that the coral was doing fine, since polyp extension was also normal.

Now, thinking about it, almost all of my sps, are maricultured (not by choice). This would probably have something to do with it.

If I see any more occurences or have the opportunity to post descriptive pictures, I will.

Thanks!

Thanks for that further clarificiation as that is an important one to be aware of ... the algae can get hold on the Acro even if it is doing just fine, or appears to do so as I understand your statement.

The mariculture remark is interesting as that would mean that the corals were grown in an enclosed area in their natural habitat or did you mean in NSW in an enclosed area ... or did you mean aqua cultured meaning grown in captivity with artificial seawater?

Albert

I believe that they were corals grown in an enclosed area in their natural habitat, which would then invite the possibility of hosting said algae.

In fact, the second SPS that I ever purchased, the green slimer like coral, was maricultured, and despite bouts of noobie stn mistakes, it would recover, and then eventually succumbed to this algae.

Still, I've made enough mistakes with sps, and its difficult to identify the origin. But this is a possibility.

Edited by Bello
Thanks Albert!

Thanks!

Bello,

Have you checked for AEFW?

Maricultured corals are notorious for AEFW's now.

Which species in particular were most affected?

The worms bite/consume tissue from the surface of the coral and gradually ingest all the tissue. They do not eat the polyps, they often will remain intact, however not extended. I believe once the tissue is mostly consumed off the coral, and the coral is then greatly weakened, algae and or possibly cyano will establish, feeding on what tissue remains on site. You will also see various bugs.copods etc begin to feed in these areas. Remember, that area is not completely dead, just weakened. The coral can no longer produce a slime coat, so it becomes susceptible to pray. Eventually the area of coral will die completely, polyps will disappear This occurrence is quite common and considered the norm in this circumstance.

The best way to check for AEFW is to perform a 4 minute dip in Revive and see if any AEFW's come off. Also check for eggs on the areas close to the live tissue (they lay their eggs on the dead or absent of tissue on the coral).

From the articles pertaining to green boring algae, I would guess the only way to confirm a coral has it is to break the coral exposing a cross section of the skeleton. Algae would be deep inside the structure, and not just on the surface. Thus the name "boring algae".

Christine

I believe that they were corals grown in an enclosed area in their natural habitat, which would then invite the possibility of hosting said algae.

In fact, the second SPS that I ever purchased, the green slimer like coral, was maricultured, and despite bouts of noobie stn mistakes, it would recover, and then eventually succumbed to this algae.

Still, I've made enough mistakes with sps, and its difficult to identify the origin. But this is a possibility.

Yes I agree that it is not easy to trace the origin of a particular problem in many cases, as the sequence of what happens that leads to its demise, may occur so fast that we fail to see what the first issue/problem was, making it near impossible to attribute the death of the coral to one particular specific cause.

I guess the lesson to be learned maybe is to NOT buy maricultured ones any more. Thanks for the update

Albert

Hello Christine,

I'm quite certain that it's not AEFW. I did have it a while ago, but after dipping in Rx and Revive, and shifting to a different system, I haven't observed it since. I have very little sps in my Mini-drop off, with the affected colony being one of them. The whole reason for my beginning this discussion, was to ascertain the risk involved in shifting this piece into my recently setup, Zeo system.

However, I agree that this algae appears on already stressed, weakened coral. I've had issues with poor quality balling chemicals, which may have done the initial damage, thereby causing the algae to dominate.

I agree and have observed, that the damage done, is throughout the coral structure, and not just the surface.

I wish I could be of more use in identifying the affected species, but so far I think, 2 were stags and the current one is A. Tenuis.

The Bobbit worm, Eunice Aphroditois - Another Link to

Information on Eunice Worms

© By Scott Gietler and uwphotographyguide

bobittt.png

The photographer was very lucky to capture this as it took less than a second from capture of the fish to engulfing it completely

The bobbit worm has light and chemical receptors that cause it to lunge at fish when it thinks they are nearby. It has 5 antennae that house these sensory receptors.

Link : http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/bobbit-worm

Albert

Edited by albertthiel

Beauty ? Ugly ? And what is it Doing : Squid

A real photo taken underwater of a Squid releasing an egg, and what an egg it is !

© Scott Gietler (2010) & uwphotographyguide : do not copy or use without permission

squdd.png

Taken off Redondo Beach, California

Albert

Majano and Aiptasia Wand - by Paul Baldassano

Paul was kind enough to send me one of his patented Majano Wands to try out, and write a review on, which I will do of course.

I do not have any Majanos or Aiptasia in my Tank, but I do know an LFS that does (not the one I use but one that starts with the letter before Q in the alphabet :-) and I will go there probably tommorrow and try it out so I can write up a review of the Wand

Here is what it looks like :

majwand.png

And you can read up more on it and order it via the Where To Buy LInk : http://majanowand.com

Although it is called Majano Wand, it can be used to kill off Aiptasia anemones as well and possibly other undesirable creatures in your tank ... I will have to try that out if I can and see if I can zap worms or other pests, including maybe some pest algae e.g. bushy Bryopsis, not sure that it will work for it but I will try it out to see whether it is possible.

Albert

Edited by albertthiel

Cabbage Coal is not Happy at All

After I added the corals I received from David (dling) yesterday and had to move rocks around and remove some to place the ones that the corals came on, I disturbed just about everything in the aquarium.

All corals are looking fine except for the Cabbage coral I already had, and the one that came on one of the rocks from David. They have not adjusted yet ... but then when I got the first one it looked like what it looks like now for several days before it changed color and opened up wide, as you have seen in the pictures I posted in the past.

Here is what the original one looks line now :

cabb1029.png

Obviously not looking happy at all !

Albert

Albert-

On my thread I posted a picture of my Tyree's Watermelon Chalice, asking why it suddenly went from bright pink with a green rim to dull with the skeleton poking out on the top right corner literally overnight. Someone responded that I should post on here to ask you because you'd probably know, so if you know why this is happening please help!

I tested my water this morning-

pH: 8.2

NH3:0

NO2:0

NO3:0

PO4:0

Mg: 1340

Sal: 1.024

I do use the API tests for everything except Mg, which was Salifert, my boyfriend ordered a low range Hana phosphate meter the other day and it should be coming today, so i'll have to test it with that to get a more accurate reading, but since all my other corals look completely fine, including my other echinophyllia, i'm really at a loss for what could be going on with this coral!

Here's a picture I just took. you can see how dull it looks and the skeleton showing in the top right corner:

106ehis.jpg

Albert-

On my thread I posted a picture of my Tyree's Watermelon Chalice, asking why it suddenly went from bright pink with a green rim to dull with the skeleton poking out on the top right corner literally overnight. Someone responded that I should post on here to ask you because you'd probably know, so if you know why this is happening please help!

I do use the API tests for everything except Mg, which was Salifert, my boyfriend ordered a low range Hana phosphate meter the other day and it should be coming today, so i'll have to test it with that to get a more accurate reading, but since all my other corals look completely fine, including my other echinophyllia, i'm really at a loss for what could be going on with this coral!

Here's a picture I just took. you can see how dull it looks and the skeleton showing in the top right corner:

Because this change happened "overnight" as you state it is very hard to figure out what may have brought this about, except perhaps for predation as the water quality parameters seem to be fine (although API test kits do not always give that accurate results but since your other corals are doing fine I have to assume that the water quality is fine).

What brings up the thought of predation is the fact that the coral has lost tissue "overnight" which is not something that happens that quickly, that you would not have noticed it if it started slowly, and then progressed over a period of a few days.

I have to assume that you are using the correct type of lighting and flow etc ... since the coral was doing well until you suddenly saw what I see in the picture.

Predation by either a parasitic snail, or a Nudibranch could result in the tissue loss and the whole coral reacting to the predation by that color change as it is suddenly stressed.

I also assume that you have no fish in your tank that would harass corals, but I do have to ask what kind of shrimp if any you have as it sometimes happens that certain shrimp that are considered reef safe when they do not find enough food start consuming coral tissue.

Alternatively do you see any Asterina stars in the tank, or Fireworms ?

Do inspect the coral closely with a magnifying glass and determine whether you see anything really small on the Chalice that may be a predator ... and let me know whether you see anything suspicious.

That is all I can think of now unless you have more information that you can provide me with.

If anyone else reading this has any input, by all means please do post it.

And saltt, let me have some answers to the questions and statements I wrote above and maybe we can get a step further.

I do not see any corals in the picture nearby the Chalice that could have stung it with their sweeper tentacles, so I think I can exclude that as a possibility but you may want to confirm that.

Let me hear back from you pls.

Albert

Hi Albert and all,

Another busy day here and much the same planned tomorrow however i have been keeping track of the news and the hurricane zeroing in on NY etc is the main topic. Seems you guys are in for the battering of your lives so I hope you will all come out of it unscathed. I also note that parts of the US are often subject to power cuts hurricanes or no hurricanes.

I hope if your electricity does get cut off it will be restored before any real damage can be done to your corals and fish etc. Thankfully power cuts are quite rare here in the UK and our electricity supplies are very stable. We also have the highest safety electrical regulations of any country which also helps I guess.

Anyway good luck and take care and don't forget to batten down the hatches my thoughts are with you all.

Les.

Because this change happened "overnight" as you state it is very hard to figure out what may have brought this about, except perhaps for predation as the water quality parameters seem to be fine (although API test kits do not always give that accurate results but since your other corals are doing fine I have to assume that the water quality is fine).

What brings up the thought of predation is the fact that the coral has lost tissue "overnight" which is not something that happens that quickly, that you would not have noticed it if it started slowly, and then progressed over a period of a few days.

I have to assume that you are using the correct type of lighting and flow etc ... since the coral was doing well until you suddenly saw what I see in the picture.

Predation by either a parasitic snail, or a Nudibranch could result in the tissue loss and the whole coral reacting to the predation by that color change as it is suddenly stressed.

I also assume that you have no fish in your tank that would harass corals, but I do have to ask what kind of shrimp if any you have as it sometimes happens that certain shrimp that are considered reef safe when they do not find enough food start consuming coral tissue.

Alternatively do you see any Asterina stars in the tank, or Fireworms ?

Do inspect the coral closely with a magnifying glass and determine whether you see anything really small on the Chalice that may be a predator ... and let me know whether you see anything suspicious.

That is all I can think of now unless you have more information that you can provide me with.

If anyone else reading this has any input, by all means please do post it.

And saltt, let me have some answers to the questions and statements I wrote above and maybe we can get a step further.

I do not see any corals in the picture nearby the Chalice that could have stung it with their sweeper tentacles, so I think I can exclude that as a possibility but you may want to confirm that.

Let me hear back from you pls.

Albert

Thank you for your quick reply!

It COULD have possibly happened over a period of a few days, but unlikely because I look at my tank every day, to see how things are looking, it's possible I didn't notice that it was changing colors, but the fact that my mummy eye chalice, which is about 3 inches away is doing just fine, is the weird part.

I've heard chalices are sensitive to alk swings; i've been adding buffer and the Brightwells Alkalin 8.3 to raise my KH from around 7 to 9, i can't seem to get it any higher, though. Do you think that would irritate the coral so much that it would look like this?

I have pretty thoroughly inspected around the coral for any predators, I've never noticed any asterina starfish on the glass or rocks, as well as any fireworms or bristleworms. This could be because about 80% of my rock was dead/dry live rock when i put it in.

My fish include 2 perculas, a mystery wrasse, a yellow candy hogfish, yasha goby, and a target mandarin. I only have 1 skunk shrimp who doesn't bother the corals except for stepping on them during feeding time.

I've read about chalices not liking too much light, but I have the "Intermediate" LED JBJ nanocube, so the light isn't very intense to begin with. When i first put this chalice in my tank, it was a very drab pink-ish color and took a few months for it to suddenly start brightening up. It was beautiful and starting to grow until this happened.

I also might add that Ive never been able to get it to eat, no matter how healthy it looked. My mummy eye chalice will eat and has it's little tentacles out frequently, but this has never let any tentacles out or shown interest in food.

Hope this helps!

Hi Albert and all,

Another busy day here and much the same planned tomorrow however i have been keeping track of the news and the hurricane zeroing in on NY etc is the main topic. Seems you guys are in for the battering of your lives so I hope you will all come out of it unscathed. I also note that parts of the US are often subject to power cuts hurricanes or no hurricanes.

I hope if your electricity does get cut off it will be restored before any real damage can be done to your corals and fish etc. Thankfully power cuts are quite rare here in the UK and our electricity supplies are very stable. We also have the highest safety electrical regulations of any country which also helps I guess.

Anyway good luck and take care and don't forget to batten down the hatches my thoughts are with you all.

Les.

Thanks Les for the good words for all those on the US East Coast but from what it looks right now it is going to be very nasty with lots of power outages already, and flooding, etc.

NYC subways, buses, trains etc ... have all been stopped and over 14 000 flights have been cancelled in the US and flooding is already severe in certain areas. Some Bridges in NY have been closed etc. etc.

It is going to get real nasty as the Hurricane is expected to make landfall in less than 30 minutes with winds of up to 90 mph ...

Thanks for the thought and I'll post updates either later tonight or in the morning based on what I find out but others on the thread may be posting info as well.

Again it is going to be one of the worst if not the worst storm ever experienced here in the US East Coast.

Albert

Thank you for your quick reply!

It COULD have possibly happened over a period of a few days, but unlikely because I look at my tank every day, to see how things are looking, it's possible I didn't notice that it was changing colors, but the fact that my mummy eye chalice, which is about 3 inches away is doing just fine, is the weird part.

I've heard chalices are sensitive to alk swings; i've been adding buffer and the Brightwells Alkalin 8.3 to raise my KH from around 7 to 9, i can't seem to get it any higher, though. Do you think that would irritate the coral so much that it would look like this?

I have pretty thoroughly inspected around the coral for any predators, I've never noticed any asterina starfish on the glass or rocks, as well as any fireworms or bristleworms. This could be because about 80% of my rock was dead/dry live rock when i put it in.

My fish include 2 perculas, a mystery wrasse, a yellow candy hogfish, yasha goby, and a target mandarin. I only have 1 skunk shrimp who doesn't bother the corals except for stepping on them during feeding time.

I've read about chalices not liking too much light, but I have the "Intermediate" LED JBJ nanocube, so the light isn't very intense to begin with. When i first put this chalice in my tank, it was a very drab pink-ish color and took a few months for it to suddenly start brightening up. It was beautiful and starting to grow until this happened.

I also might add that Ive never been able to get it to eat, no matter how healthy it looked. My mummy eye chalice will eat and has it's little tentacles out frequently, but this has never let any tentacles out or shown interest in food.

Hope this helps!

Rapid changes in any water quality parameters do indeed create issue with some corals but it would have affected all of them or most of them if that was the cause (the alk change)

You do have several fish in the tank that are carnivores but they usually only go for ornamental shrimp and small crustaceans and are generally considered reef safe or semi reef save so I don't think that they are the cause.

Did you make any changes in the tank in the last week or so like moving rock around and maybe scratched the coral and now it has developed a bacterial infection and the resulting tissue loss ...

The lighting seems to be fine and the Chalice has by now long adapted to it since you say that it got better and better in coloration.

Some feed their chalices and some do not but most feed on tiny particles in the water column. Here is a link to a video on feeding Chalices : http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2227818

I do not think that feeding is the issue since it will have trapped some small particles from what you feed the corals and fish anyway IMO but you may not have seen that, so IMO that is not the cause.

I still think that somehow the coral got either predated on or damaged by something that fell on it or by a fish that nipped on it and as a result an infection set in that lead to tissue loss as you point out in its top right corner.

Is the damage or nipping by a fish a possibility ...

On another note : do you see signs of an infection ? If or if not to prevent further tissue loss you may wish to give it an antibacterial dip just to be on the safe side.

This is really hard to figure out since it is only affecting that one coral and no others and that is why either the predation or the damage option seems IMO the be the cause, but I cannot be sure of that.

Albert

Rapid changes in any water quality parameters do indeed create issue with some corals but it would have affected all of them or most of them if that was the cause (the alk change)

You do have several fish in the tank that are carnivores but they usually only go for ornamental shrimp and small crustaceans and are generally considered reef safe or semi reef save so I don't think that they are the cause.

Did you make any changes in the tank in the last week or so like moving rock around and maybe scratched the coral and now it has developed a bacterial infection and the resulting tissue loss ...

The lighting seems to be fine and the Chalice has by now long adapted to it since you say that it got better and better in coloration.

Some feed their chalices and some do not but most feed on tiny particles in the water column. Here is a link to a video on feeding Chalices : http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2227818

I do not think that feeding is the issue since it will have trapped some small particles from what you feed the corals and fish anyway IMO but you may not have seen that, so IMO that is not the cause.

I still think that somehow the coral got either predated on or damaged by something that fell on it or by a fish that nipped on it and as a result an infection set in that lead to tissue loss as you point out in its top right corner.

Is the damage or nipping by a fish a possibility ...

On another note : do you see signs of an infection ? If or if not to prevent further tissue loss you may wish to give it an antibacterial dip just to be on the safe side.

This is really hard to figure out since it is only affecting that one coral and no others and that is why either the predation or the damage option seems IMO the be the cause, but I cannot be sure of that.

Albert

It is very puzzling indeed, I just wish this didn't have to happen to my favorite coral! I was thinking it about doing a Lugol's dip on it, but since it's partially grown onto the rock I really don't want to stress it out more by having to break it off and then re-attach it.

I added some vitamin C to the water (controversial, i know), maybe that will help boost it's immune system if a bacterial infection is the case. I'm sure maybe something could have irritated it, such as a snail shell rubbing against it or maybe a snail sitting up against it for a day or so, that's really all i can think of in terms of being physically irritated.

One thing I did do about a week and a half ago was tear a bunch of these big meaty (and ugly) brown palys off a rock near the bottom of the tank. They were taking over and were ugly so i decided to get rid of them. Could some of the toxins in the palys irritated the coral? But then again, none of my other corals showed any signs of distress. Agh! I don't know!

It is very puzzling indeed, I just wish this didn't have to happen to my favorite coral! I was thinking it about doing a Lugol's dip on it, but since it's partially grown onto the rock I really don't want to stress it out more by having to break it off and then re-attach it.

I added some vitamin C to the water (controversial, i know), maybe that will help boost it's immune system if a bacterial infection is the case. I'm sure maybe something could have irritated it, such as a snail shell rubbing against it or maybe a snail sitting up against it for a day or so, that's really all i can think of in terms of being physically irritated.

One thing I did do about a week and a half ago was tear a bunch of these big meaty (and ugly) brown palys off a rock near the bottom of the tank. They were taking over and were ugly so i decided to get rid of them. Could some of the toxins in the palys irritated the coral? But then again, none of my other corals showed any signs of distress. Agh! I don't know!

Since you cannot remove it I think that adding the Vit. C was a good idea and yes that is controversial but believe it or not I advocated adding it over 20 years ago and wrote a few articles about it. Note that since it is acidic you may need to watch your alkalinity and pH as depending on how much was added both may be affected. But as a replacement for the dip that is about all you could do.

Just watch it carefully for tissue loss, or brown jelly as it that happens you will need to detach it and dip it.

And on the Zoas, since I am sure you have chemical filtration in the system the toxin should have been absorbed by the carbon or whatever you use.

I do have a question though : what do you use to keep your PO4 in check? GFO or Aluminum oxide?

And yes the snails may have done some damage to the coral. We can't be sure but it is a possibility indeed and a scar on the tissue may have degraded and caused some tissue loss. You just have to make sure that that loss does not continue as i wrote above.

This is really difficult to diagnose because it only happened to one of your corals and none of the others so it would IMO not be some "general" problem but an isolated one as we are surmising.

Let me know how things progress from here on and what compounds you are using for phosphate control.

Albert

I really appreciate all your help, as for my phosphate control I use seachem phosguard, so it's Aluminum oxide. I use it for a couple days and then take it out and let it dry to "regenerate" it, I usually do this around 3 times before throwing it out. I'm not even 100% sure you can regenerate it, but it says so on the bottle. What do you think?

And yes that's true about vitamin c and ph, I added some more alkalin 8.3 so that should help keep it up. I'm sure I do have some phosphates in my tank, though, because I go through the occasional red slime phases, I'm not sure what causes them to come and go.

This most recent one could be from a little outbreak of seemingly harmless tiny rust colored flatworms that I found on my glass and rocks, I asked about them on here and people said they're harmless most likely. I used to see a lot like a month ago but it seems there are much much less now, so maybe their die off could have caused excess PO4, even though they were so tiny.

The Allure of Chalice Corals

© Matthew Stansbery & Advanced Aquarist Magazine

chaliceee.png

When it comes to coral crazes, one of the newest and most captivating additions to the marine aquarium hobby is the chalice coral.

These corals come in vibrant color combinations, can sell at high price points, and are sought after by just about every dedicated coral collector.

Link : http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/chalice-corals

Albert

I really appreciate all your help, as for my phosphate control I use seachem phosguard, so it's Aluminum oxide. I use it for a couple days and then take it out and let it dry to "regenerate" it, I usually do this around 3 times before throwing it out. I'm not even 100% sure you can regenerate it, but it says so on the bottle. What do you think?

And yes that's true about vitamin c and ph, I added some more alkalin 8.3 so that should help keep it up. I'm sure I do have some phosphates in my tank, though, because I go through the occasional red slime phases, I'm not sure what causes them to come and go.

This most recent one could be from a little outbreak of seemingly harmless tiny rust colored flatworms that I found on my glass and rocks, I asked about them on here and people said they're harmless most likely. I used to see a lot like a month ago but it seems there are much much less now, so maybe their die off could have caused excess PO4, even though they were so tiny.

You are most welcome. Happy to help when I can.

The reason I asked about the PO4 remover was in case you were using GFO as sometimes small particles can come loose IME and if those hit the Chalice they could have caused some possible damage but since you are using Aluminum oxide that is not the case.

Although it is said that some Aluminum can leach into the water (Randy Holmes-Farley, Ph.D) but the level would be so low that it would not affect your Chalices and the way you are using it is better than using it all the time because of the type of corals you have (with LPS using it continuously does not seem to be an issue)

If you have PO4 then you may want to use the compound a little more often to get it to zero ppm using a Salifert test (that does not mean it is 0.00 ppm of course but it is so low that even that test can no longer measure it but you will still see a little bleuish color to the test water).

Hopefully lowering it further will prevent the red slime outbreaks, although there is never a guarantee of that as the cyanobacteria grow anyway from time to time even in very nutrient poor water (they usually start in areas of lower flow and can spread from there, or they just come and go). Why they grow has not been really determined as far as I know but a number of reasons have been put forth (low flow, old light that have lost part of their higher end spectrum, carbon dioxide in the water, some even say that using carbon dosing can bring them about, etc.).

Yes the rust colored flatworms (acoel) are harmless but can multiply quickly and sometimes attach themselves to corals and "choke" them but if that was the case, you would have seen it for sure. The best way to get rid of them is to siphon them out when you see a good number of them. There are products on the market to kill them but since they contain toxins that may not be the best idea IMO as if a large number die the toxin level may be high and may affect corals and fish.

Just siphon out as many as you can each time you see a number of them and you should get them under control. They also seem to go through cycles, so at times they are there and multiply, and then for reasons not quite understood they disappear for some time, but may come back later on, and go through that same cycle.

For now I would observe your Chalice and make sure there is no additional tissue loss but if there is then I would consider dipping it.

If you have any other questions feel free to post them at any time. Also as you may have noticed, I posted an article on Chalice corals about half an hour ago.

Albert

Thanks so much.

I am going to be checking my phosphates once my boyfriend gets his new meter. Not having a protein skimmer or a fuge, i'm sure i do have some, even though i do weekly 4 gallon WCs. As for the flatworms, they never got to an overwhelming number, and they mostly stayed on the glass or rocks, i'd occasionally notice them on the stalks of my zoanthids or other corals but the corals didn't seem to mind really.

I'm wondering if my target mandarin has been eating them as well, since they started to disappear when i put him in the tank, but i haven't actually witnessed him eating them, just zooming around pecking at the rocks.

I'll let you know if my chalice gets worse, but for now thank you for the advice! I'm glad there's people on here to help us newbies out.

Construction underway for New Utah Public Aquarium

© Leonard Ho and Advanced Aquarist

The Living Planet Aquarium (currently at Sandy, Utah) is moving into new, bigger, fancier digs. The city of Draper, UT broke ground on the new site yesterday.

The public aquarium is expected to open its doors to Utah residents and visitors by December of next year.

It is said it will have a 300,000 gallon Shark Walk-through Tank

Link to Article : http://tinyurl.com/9ounswr

Slide Show : http://tinyurl.com/9b97znw

Albert