ReefCleaners.org

Plate Coral Lovin'

Psychosis

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bongo Shrimp
:blink:

noooooooo! please no more, i just barely resisted Jason Fox last week. I'm fragile still.

Ok ok. Go look some ID requests. Those pic qualities should help you calm down. But don't look at too many or THAT will drive you crazy.

That's the cool thing, I can check it out in person. He sent me a text with a better photo from a different angle, and the photo's of his pinwheel look just like mine from SaltCritters. He's sourcing my T.Tevegae, so I really can't loose with a drive down.

Oh, on a funny note:

The Acan Ring...

20120528_104708.jpg

It burns us!

20120604_194730.jpg

Silly pinwheel. It won't calm down, it's been bouncing around that 5 inches of sand since it arrived. First time it's taken a dive in to the rockwork though.

Since you guys seem to be plate lovers I got a quick question. I have a baby plate with a skeleton attached to LR (got him as a hitchhiker). How long till he detaches?

He looks like Jesse-Ray's plate.

They generally pop off when they hit around 1/2"-3/4" from what I've heard, length of time may vary. Make sure you don't disturb that stalk though, it'll keep making plates for years.

Bongo Shrimp

And we can't forget the black plate coral even though I don't believe it was really black solely because of who sold it. But nevertheless:

P5240531_resized2.jpg

Bongo Shrimp
Black coral rulz.

Who sold it that would make you that skeptical? Satan? Santa? Stan?

A rather unliked sponsor of this forum.

At least we're getting paid, and it does look rather remarkable on top of that blue egg crate.

Wait...

Dude! He sellin'?

Oh yea, you're my designated addiction counselor.

"Yea, I'd probably buy that too. Just get it. You can all ways get more money later."

She'll be OK. Her sandbed is too good for plate corals, with their rough "Other side of the tracks" upbringing.

They generally pop off when they hit around 1/2"-3/4" from what I've heard, length of time may vary. Make sure you don't disturb that stalk though, it'll keep making plates for years.

Thanks man. Sounds good. :D

Lavender base with neon green tendrils. Nice find! I wouldn't mind one just like that.

I also found some cool stuff from a local. This is the one I'd like:

http://thecoralshop.com/lps-corals/674-fun...lue-fungia.html

He has several though. Including an Orange/blue.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with it, I don't have any experience with these but if you look closely the flesh on the edges is is also neon green. My thoughts are that this is the actual colour and the centre is bleached do you guys think this is the case?.

No, I actually think yours looks very healthy. It's more likely it naturally has a green rim. It may be similar to my "pinwheel" I have pictured in the OP.

On a slightly more advanced note, does any one have personal experience with Diaseris plates? They actually frag themselves, or so I've read. I'm tempted to see it for myself with this piece http://www.ebay.com/itm/Live-Coral-Purple-...=item3cc7203fa3

Even if it doesn't do the dirty work for me, that's fairly fiiine.

Archived