Top Shelf Aquatics

Plate Coral Lovin'

Psychosis

eddiecorrea
Fragile=Diaseris=Self fragging plate coral.

Throw money at that LFS.

So I take it that means I need to go get it? They want $39.99 for it.

haha

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought a plate coral a couple of days ago! The picture doesn't begin to do it justice, but I didn't expect much from a cell phone camera. My other camera is temporarily out of commission, due to an ornery cat's experiment with his teeth and a USB cord.

ufofungia1.jpg

I purchased another plate coral as well, but it just arrived today and wasn't feeling photogenic.

So I take it that means I need to go get it? They want $39.99 for it.

haha

That is exactly what that means, not to sure why you don't already have it haha.

I just bought a plate coral a couple of days ago! The picture doesn't begin to do it justice, but I didn't expect much from a cell phone camera. My other camera is temporarily out of commission, due to an ornery cat's experiment with his teeth and a USB cord.

ufofungia1.jpg

I purchased another plate coral as well, but it just arrived today and wasn't feeling photogenic.

That looks pretty nice can't tell actual colours though what is it?

Builder Anthony

ya but sometimes..............smiles :)............you find good stuff.Like real real good stuff.

Bongo Shrimp
ya but sometimes..............smiles :)............you find good stuff.Like real real good stuff.

If it's not snatched up already...

Bongo Shrimp
i think the biggest plate i ever seen was on there it was like 6 inches

I've seen big plates at my LFS but they are usually (no- always) just green and purple.

jedimasterben

the only big plate I have ever seen for sale (bigger than 3") was the monster heliofungia I bought that started all of this for me. RIP :tears:

Tonight, I mourn my pinwheel, which has been reduced to a dozen bright green feeders (which ironically, all look great.) At this point, my hope is that the tissue will either regrow independent mouths, or by the grace of Odin become a pinwheel factory. It never completely recovered from the run in with the St.Thomas, and thanks to the Damsel turned jawfish, had sand kicked in to the wound all most daily. Either I botched the Iodine dip, or I noticed the RTN too late. I feel like I just lost my dog, which is rediculous.

A moment of silence before I begin a voracious hunt for a replacement or five.

Great looking plates folks, as all ways I'm taking notes.

Tonight, I mourn my pinwheel, which has been reduced to a dozen bright green feeders (which ironically, all look great.) At this point, my hope is that the tissue will either regrow independent mouths, or by the grace of Odin become a pinwheel factory. It never completely recovered from the run in with the St.Thomas, and thanks to the Damsel turned jawfish, had sand kicked in to the wound all most daily. Either I botched the Iodine dip, or I noticed the RTN too late. I feel like I just lost my dog, which is rediculous.

A moment of silence before I begin a voracious hunt for a replacement or five.

Great looking plates folks, as all ways I'm taking notes.

That was the most amazing plate in the world. Sorry to hear that.

At a lfs today( picked up a secret), they still had tht elongated plate. Neon green with a purple rim... About 4 inches by 1.5-2 wide. I may need to snatch it next time. ;)

The pinwheel is, ironically, the easiest of my 3 plates to replace. Doesn't mean I'm a huge fan of the idea. I'm going to redistribute rock and live stock between the 25 and the new 5.5 to allow for more open sand, grab as many varieties of plates I can find for a reasonable price, and they should be ready for the upgrade when I'm ready to set it up.

I say get that tounge coral/plate pat. You can't ever have enough :P.

That is exactly what that means, not to sure why you don't already have it haha.

That looks pretty nice can't tell actual colours though what is it?

Well my phone enhances blues way too much, so it's really supposed to look something like this, as this is the original WYSIWYG photo that sold me on it in the first place. They called it a UFO fungia.

fungia2_base_1.jpg

Well my phone enhances blues way too much, so it's really supposed to look something like this, as this is the original WYSIWYG photo that sold me on it in the first place. They called it a UFO fungia.

fungia2_base_1.jpg

Whoa, that is legit!!!

Well, I technically haven't heard any one say any thing, and the thought was there.

haha, real shame though, any changes??

I have an 1/8th of a healthy plate. It sucks, but I choose too look at the upside. I was told I could find replacements, and this one could very well produce even more for me. How's your plate doing?

I have an 1/8th of a healthy plate. It sucks, but I choose too look at the upside. I was told I could find replacements, and this one could very well produce even more for me. How's your plate doing?

yeah they're going well, the green one did a bit of walking around but I put it back and seems to have chilled out haha

Archived