SaltCritters.com

Plate Coral Lovin'

Psychosis

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...commenting on the goodies...

Oh yea, feeding shots are cool. Your plate looks all most like a deep blue single fin, is that close to real life?

I think it's purple with green tips. That was a crappy iphone night shot with a flashlight while giving them their night feed.

Builder Anthony

no there on a website that sells coral but i dont want to give out the name of that place because things sell to fast there and theres just to much competition in buying things.Things literaly sell within minutes of him posting.

Is that the blue plate you mentioned? It's awesome! I've never seen a strictly blue plate before. Maybe a Diaseris Sp?

Yeah that's the one, raced down and grabbed it first thing saturday, it's slightly more purple than blue. As far as specific genus I am way out of my depth even guessing, it's really beautiful anyway

Yeah that's the one, raced down and grabbed it first thing saturday, it's slightly more purple than blue. As far as specific genus I am way out of my depth even guessing, it's really beautiful anyway

It looks really nice. I really like the plates with ridges, what ever yours may be (F.Repanda?). If it is a Diaseris, it will eventually frag itself. That would be cool.

e_6-10-30-1.jpg

e_6-10-31-1.jpg

....dude, whaaaat? :o. No wonder you won't share lol.

Builder Anthony

i still think there expensive 69 for a plate?I htink they shouldnt be more then fifty but maybe the big ones like 6 inch ones i could see a litle more but those are harder to come by.

e_5-10-10-1.jpg

DO NOT put them on the sand. They get suffocated because they breath from their underside.. Put them on a rock or gravel and you'll be amazed in the transformation in a few days!

In the wild you'll see them die on the sand, but those that are on rocks fluorish.

What? haha Funga plates can and do live on sand just fine. Ive had my Orange plate for over a year on sand and its doing great. Althou some other plats MAY be able to live on rocks. But I have no experance with this type.

New Plate for me

IMG_5021.jpg

Nice plate. Wanna ship it to me :) lol

i still think there expensive 69 for a plate?I htink they shouldnt be more then fifty but maybe the big ones like 6 inch ones i could see a litle more but those are harder to come by.

e_5-10-10-1.jpg

I've seen more common plates than those going for $150, and I've never seen another plate like the one for $89. It's a steal at that price, no matter how big it is. Then again, the most I've spent on a plate was $60 for my orange plate, I was bargain shopping hard core for the other two (it payed off, imo.) If I had cash in hand I would have snagged either in a heart beat.

Nah, all plates being shipped free should head my way :P.

e_5-10-10-1.jpg

What?!?! I would be filled to the rim of my tank with plates if all of these your posting are only 60. The plain Jane orange ones that usually has bits and pieces missing or is receding is 90 near me.

Nah, all plates being shipped free should head my way :P.

You should actually send them my way to christen my new tank with my first ever plate.

Yea, I generally see 3" orange plates go for $120 in a lot of local shops, rediculous.

How ever, I'm going to pick up a smaller, more brightly colored version of my Joker Plate for $30. I got distracted by a huge ##### of porites and a nice tort last time :(. I will help you stock your tank with plates Pat, it's nice to share a specific addiction.

Lol, piece is a dirty word?

Builder Anthony

heres a photo of my plate it was raised from the size of a speck of sand.Its currently still attached to the rock which it grew out of.The same rock is a branching lobophylia

2007_01070664.jpg

Damn it, how is it that everyone has a stalk producing plates but me?

That's a looker too anthony, the pink mouth is a nice contrast. How long has it been there? Seems like it should have walked off a while ago.

Builder Anthony

sept 23 you can barely see it but even before it was smaller.Its all the way up in the corner on the branch by the glass.theres 2 actually but one i kind of slacked on feeding and it just went away.

DSCF1603-1.jpg

The little green dot on the branch is the one i lost maybe now you understand why it was hard to feed it was so tiny!

DSCF1644-1.jpg

Still, that's awesome. I'm going to have to start buying some of these things from those of you blessed with factories.

So, I took a Cybershot, played with the white balance, and finally got something close to representing the plates true color:

DSC01155.jpg

I'm still working on this photography thing...

I also pulled the pinwheel out of that cave and moved some rockwork around to acoomodate it. It had a tiny bit of recession where the St.Thomas stung it, but the mouth and underside of the plate are fine, so it'll pull through.

eddiecorrea

So my LFS ordered me a fragile plate coral. Or thats what they called it.

7181839097_cd20f8f0aa_c.jpg

Should I go pick it up?!

Archived