Innovative Marine Aquariums

GalaThoun's 10g

GalaThoun

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how hard was it to paint?

i want to paint mine but ill probably just stick vinyl backing...ive got plenty of that.

how hard was it to paint?

i want to paint mine but ill probably just stick vinyl backing...ive got plenty of that.

its was pretty easy, just took a little time to do multiple layers with the sponge roller.

just picked up a birdsnest frag! acclimating right now. wish me luck. fingerscrossed

just picked up a green tip birdsnest and some chemipure elite.

DSC_0100-1.jpg

Got it acclimating at the bottom for now

DSC_0103-1.jpg

DSC_0105-1.jpg

Loving the painted black background!!!! Super nice job on that. Everything looks fantastic!!!!!

thank you! i can't stop buying corals, think i have a problem. haha

We all do :lol: Well...most of us anyways ;)

hey gena, do u have any advice on my birdsnest coral? Do you dose anything? I'm too lazy to go through your 200 page thread. lol. It looks pretty good right now but i just wanna take some precautions to reduce any future loss. Any one else please chime in. Gonna bring my water to the lfs to check for cal/alk. i just want to know because i don't want to buy anything that i don't need.

thanks

New corals are looking really good. B) Have any future plans for more livestock (swimming variety)?

i really want a ywg and pistol shrimp pair/the main reason why i started this tank/ but my lfs never has them in stock and i don't want to get them shipped. but thats about it. o yeah a cleaner shrimp would be cool too. But i met a couple saltwater guys on my local forum and i want to see what they have to offer coral wise, cheap too if not free. ;).

hey gena, do u have any advice on my birdsnest coral? Do you dose anything? I'm too lazy to go through your 200 page thread. lol. It looks pretty good right now but i just wanna take some precautions to reduce any future loss. Any one else please chime in. Gonna bring my water to the lfs to check for cal/alk. i just want to know because i don't want to buy anything that i don't need.

thanks

I actually am now sps-less except for one frag of my green with pink polyp monticap. When I had the birdsnests going I did have to dose alk. Calcium never dropped for me. If you do weekly water changes, you shouldn't have to dose. At least not until that frag really gets growing. You'll just have to keep an eye on the alkalinity.

Birdsnests were extremely easy for me to grow. You shouldn't have any problem with it. Just don't make drastic changes with water chemistry and you'll be fine.

I actually am now sps-less except for one frag of my green with pink polyp monticap. When I had the birdsnests going I did have to dose alk. Calcium never dropped for me. If you do weekly water changes, you shouldn't have to dose. At least not until that frag really gets growing. You'll just have to keep an eye on the alkalinity.

Birdsnests were extremely easy for me to grow. You shouldn't have any problem with it. Just don't make drastic changes with water chemistry and you'll be fine.

okay. thank you!

Just moved a few things around and put some of my corals onto the liverock.

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

Ricordea has gotten so big. Maybe time to frag.

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

I love skunk cleaners! Congrats on your new addition :)

thank you -_- i just picked up 2 more things. i'll post more pics when they're happy. lol.

I want a cleaner shrimp...I haven't owned one a long time hmmm

get one or two! lol. my friends are so impressed when i stick my finger in the tank and my shrimp jumps on to clean it. haha

Archived