Top Shelf Aquatics

GalaThoun's 10g

GalaThoun

can anyone id this bright green stuff on my liverock. Good or bad? I just didn't want to start another thread and get bashed. So if anyone is subscribed to my thread help me out. thanks.

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_00762.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

I read somewhere on here the other day that it may be the beginning stages of coraline algae. I started my tank with white dry rock and it went through a stage where it was all that color.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venturalvn
I read somewhere on here the other day that it may be the beginning stages of coraline algae. I started my tank with white dry rock and it went through a stage where it was all that color.

I'm going through the same right now. I also started with white dry rock and now it looks pretty similar. I'm about 6 weeks in and it started showing up in my tank a couple weeks ago. I also have the red/purple color that coraline normally is, but I shortened my light periods for now just in case it's not beneficial algae.

Yeah from the way I understand it...

Coralline algae appears in the tank in this order:

Green->Pink->Purple->Red

or something like that

going to a local reef member's place tomorrow to check out some corals. Hope i find something i like!

Aiptasia?

DSC_00952.jpg

Nothing some boiling hot water and syringe won't fix. Die! F@#$%r!

DSC_00962.jpg

I got this acan frag. Id? its purple/teal/gold. Like Mardi Gras colors.

DSC_0097.jpg

And got this one free cause it was kinda bleached. Hope to bring it back to life.

DSC_0099.jpg

Id? Yellowish skirt, blueish/purple center, and yellow mouth.

DSC_0098.jpg

Zoa id? red skirt/green center/blue mouth

DSC_0101.jpg

Nice pick ups :)

I think the orange/purple is orange crush acan echinata...google it and see if it looks like yours :P

Nice pick ups :)

I think the orange/purple is orange crush acan echinata...google it and see if it looks like yours :P

Cool, they are echinata acans.

Tank is looking great GalaThoun! Love the frogspawn. :) How much did that frag cost you?

Thanks buddy. The frogspawn is one of my favorite pieces. Fully open, its about the size of my fist. truestorybro. lol. The frag was $35. 2 heads for the price of 1 1/2.

DSC_00982.jpg

pull them mfs out! hahah

lol, i did pull the starfish out but keep the stoma snail cause i've read that they are good algae cleaners.

lol, i did pull the starfish out but keep the stoma snail cause i've read that they are good algae cleaners.

fair enough

post up a new fts mang!

i did, on page one. i'll get better shots later. i was just moving a few things around now most of my zoas are closed.

i also found a small brittle starfish. friend or foe?

venturalvn

Screw taking out the starfish - go get a Harlequin Shrimp! :naughtydance:

Sweet new frags! Acan looks good, and you got some good colors out of your new zoas.

How big are your clowns and how are they holding up so far? After I lost my damselfish to a leak I'm probably going the clownfish route (the gf won't shut up about it!). I feel bad putting most fish in a 10 gallon, but looking at your OP I see the clowns have an ok amount of room.

Screw taking out the starfish - go get a Harlequin Shrimp! :naughtydance:

Sweet new frags! Acan looks good, and you got some good colors out of your new zoas.

How big are your clowns and how are they holding up so far? After I lost my damselfish to a leak I'm probably going the clownfish route (the gf won't shut up about it!). I feel bad putting most fish in a 10 gallon, but looking at your OP I see the clowns have an ok amount of room.

mang, those harlequin shrimps are beautiful. Are they really active? I love my new corals. My biggest clownfish is about 1 3/4".They are doing really good, always looking for me to feed them. Lol. I have about 8 pounds off liverock (very minimal because i wanted fast growing corals that would later cover up the rocks) and they swim all over the place, they never look stressed out.

That looks great! I've thought about doing this to mine too, but I'm too lazy since I already have the black paper on there. Your tank looks better and better with each FTS.

I like your tank :) It's nice and clean looking, and a good scape!

thanks paige! when i thought about starting this tank about a year ago, i never knew that it would turn out this great. thanks to the lovely folks here on n-r.

Archived