SaltCritters.com

GalaThoun's 10g

GalaThoun

Very awesome that they are getting along well!

I love my yellow watchman goby, and I'd say if you are on the fence definitely go get one. He'll probably dig out a little cave to the lower left where it looks like there's a crease in the rock at the sand base, and that'll be his spot from there on out in that 10 gallon. Mine is very active most of the time, emerging all the way during feeding time and chasing his brine shrimp all over the tank, and during the rest of the time he's either "watching", straying out a little bit to filter some sand, or he's a couple inches away making sure everyone knows who the cave belongs to.

Any more frags on your to-buy list? I just picked up a staghorn acro, a war coral, and a branching hammer anchor. Now I'm at 9 corals in my 10 gallon and it's starting to look full, obviously leaving room to grow. I have a couple more zoas/palys getting picked up from local nano-reefer, and then I'm on the lookout for 1 or 2 of the best after that to finish. I love to see what other reefers do with their similar 10g's.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cool. just waiting to start? or on the cycle? it took me 3 long weeks before i added anything but i wanted to do it right. good luck to you. and i'll be waiting on your build thread.

Just the equipment, I am going with the AC70 Mod. Having a hightech planted tank eats a little bit out of a new tank setup so I really have to be cheap on what equip I find. I am hoping my only real big expense is the 20" 75W HO lighing on AquaTraders. Really all I care about right now is the live rock and CC.

Very awesome that they are getting along well!

I love my yellow watchman goby, and I'd say if you are on the fence definitely go get one. He'll probably dig out a little cave to the lower left where it looks like there's a crease in the rock at the sand base, and that'll be his spot from there on out in that 10 gallon. Mine is very active most of the time, emerging all the way during feeding time and chasing his brine shrimp all over the tank, and during the rest of the time he's either "watching", straying out a little bit to filter some sand, or he's a couple inches away making sure everyone knows who the cave belongs to.

Any more frags on your to-buy list? I just picked up a staghorn acro, a war coral, and a branching hammer anchor. Now I'm at 9 corals in my 10 gallon and it's starting to look full, obviously leaving room to grow. I have a couple more zoas/palys getting picked up from local nano-reefer, and then I'm on the lookout for 1 or 2 of the best after that to finish. I love to see what other reefers do with their similar 10g's.

thanks,

lfs ran out of ywg but i did see some diamond gobies that i liked. I just picked up my first ricordea frag and a small brown zoa colony. :D. Will post up pics as soon as i get them acclimated and open later on tonight.

I just noticed your water level is lower in every later pic.

well, since i been acclimating corals etc, the water level goes down. but when i do my water change i take less out and put more in. I check my salinity everyday and everything is good.

Green Ric

DSC_00672.jpg

Brown Zoas

DSC_00682.jpg

Zoa Island

DSC_00702.jpg

FTS 6/23/12

DSC_00742.jpg

Lmao that picture of the live rock in the bag in the original post made me double take. I was like i know dude didnt just post a picture of that on here.

But for real i love the rock scape.

Great looking corals!!!!! I like the ricordea the most :happy:

thanks, the lfs sold it to me as a single mouth ric but i spotted two more. ;)

Looking good! Water is nice and clear too! :)

tank you

Lmao that picture of the live rock in the bag in the original post made me double take. I was like i know dude didnt just post a picture of that on here.

But for real i love the rock scape.

thank you, i forgot to warn you about my step by step build. next i'll post 35 pics on how to do a water change. lol.

thank you, i forgot to warn you about my step by step build. next i'll post 35 pics on how to do a water change. lol.

No i meant it looked like a certain controlled substance. I love thourough build threads.

:lol:

Love a sense of humor!!!!

When the ricordea gets bigger just slice it between the mouths....instant 3 mushrooms ;) I've done it without detriment to the coral!!!!!

No i meant it looked like a certain controlled substance. I love thourough build threads.

oh..haha. i just noticed that.

:lol:

Love a sense of humor!!!!

When the ricordea gets bigger just slice it between the mouths....instant 3 mushrooms ;) I've done it without detriment to the coral!!!!!

thank you.:P i like to mix a little sarcasm with humor from time to time. going outta town to baton rouge tomorrow and i'll be visiting a few fish stores, hope i find something i like...

Hmmm... what do i have here?

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

2012 Galathoun's Acclimation Station. TM.

DSC_0068.jpg

I'll post more pics later when they start to open. Thanks for looking.

Lemme just say that Aqua Hut in Baton Rouge LA. Is one of the most cleanest and helpful fish stores that I have ever been to. Great prices on corals, fish, etc. I just wish it was more closer to my home. But I would deff make the drive again. On with the pics. :D

Gsp (2in)-$25

DSC_0075.jpg

Duncans (1lg+4 sm heads)-$20

DSC_0076.jpg

Frogspawn (2lg heads)-$37

DSC_0077.jpg

Radioactive zoas (40+ heads)-$20

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

FTS 6/26/12

DSC_0087.jpg

New corals???? Awesome :D

That frogspawn is gorgeous!!!! So's the Duncan!!!!! The GSP looks like it has that nice bright green coloring. Super choices :)

That's funny. The duncan, gsp, and radioactive zoas are the same that I started my 10g with. In the 6 weeks I've had the tank up, my 3 head duncan has 2 smaller ones growing on it now, the gsp has grown about a half-inch in length, and the zoa colony has DOUBLED in size.

All that after getting the boost LED's after I had the tank set up, and having not touched the water parameters at all. Since our setups are so similar, I'm guessing in a month if you take an "after" photo to compare sizes, you'll be amazed at how fast it all grows.

New corals???? Awesome :D

That frogspawn is gorgeous!!!! So's the Duncan!!!!! The GSP looks like it has that nice bright green coloring. Super choices :)

....well thank you. :happy: I'm so excited that my tank is finally coming together!

That's funny. The duncan, gsp, and radioactive zoas are the same that I started my 10g with. In the 6 weeks I've had the tank up, my 3 head duncan has 2 smaller ones growing on it now, the gsp has grown about a half-inch in length, and the zoa colony has DOUBLED in size.

All that after getting the boost LED's after I had the tank set up, and having not touched the water parameters at all. Since our setups are so similar, I'm guessing in a month if you take an "after" photo to compare sizes, you'll be amazed at how fast it all grows.

haha i know right? i guess after seeing your corals doing well under the leds, then it was a no brainer to grab those. And also i wanted easy, hardy corals that i won't have to worry too much about.

sick new corals!

that frogspawn looks really nice in the sand like that, your clowns might try to host it lol. mine is currently hosting a fungia haha.

dang good price on that duncan too! i read somewhere that they're photosynthetic? i may put one in my 4 gallon w/ my dendro.

im hoping to get some new corals during the 4th of july sales or something.

:wizard:

sick new corals!

that frogspawn looks really nice in the sand like that, your clowns might try to host it lol. mine is currently hosting a fungia haha.

dang good price on that duncan too! i read somewhere that they're photosynthetic? i may put one in my 4 gallon w/ my dendro.

im hoping to get some new corals during the 4th of july sales or something.

:wizard:

Thanks,

I don't know if i'm gonna keep the frogspawn in the sand like that though. I might attach it to the rock to the left, just gotta go pick up some putty. I really hope that they host it. I feel in love with the duncan and the price was right on too. They are photosynthetic but i feed them some brine shrimp today and they loved it.( i had some in the freezer because my clown never ate it but now they do) :D.

omfg. I had put some electrical tape over my white leds and 1 of my blues resembling moon lights (ghetto style) I know. But everything just popped. Amazing stuff. I'm such a noob. :D My future light set up has to have moon lights now. haha.

That duncan will eat up that brine shrimp, awesome stuff! With that BoostLED and regular feeding, you'll have a couple new heads starting to sprout within a month.

Also for sticking stuff to the rocks, you can use a super glue gel. Watch out though, it'll cure up pretty damn quick once it hits the salt water!

can anyone id this bright green stuff on my liverock. Good or bad? I just didn't want to start another thread and get bashed. So if anyone is subscribed to my thread help me out. thanks.

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_00762.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

Im new also with a pretty new tank and my rock has been turning that shade of green also. I just assumed its getting "seasoned", beneficial bacteria. ill look forward for an answer from someone who really knows.

Love your tank btw, been following along.

Im new also with a pretty new tank and my rock has been turning that shade of green also. I just assumed its getting "seasoned", beneficial bacteria. ill look forward for an answer from someone who really knows.

Love your tank btw, been following along.

thanks for following, man i love your cleaner shrimp been meaning to pick one up.

Archived