Coral Vue Hydros

GalaThoun's 10g

GalaThoun

i was watching him for a while and he was just picking around it.

I would still keep a close eye ;)

Love the hammer! Is that going to go in your other tank?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would still keep a close eye ;)

Love the hammer! Is that going to go in your other tank?

will do. if he starts messing with my corals i'll be having boiled crab for dinner. haha. yes half of that hammer is going to go in my 12g. i think i can get a clean cut down the middle.

just some new pics. i like to look back and see the progress/growth of my tank and corals sorry...

Monti Cap growth..i think

DSC_0152.jpg

FrogSpawn and Xenia

DSC_0153.jpg

Duncan is growing crazy fast.

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

Blue Ice

DSC_0156.jpg

Ric Garden. I lost a baby one. Oh well.

DSC_0159.jpg

Zoa Frag. Rastas are my fav.

DSC_0160.jpg

More Zoas.

DSC_0162.jpg

Acans.

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

Torch coral. Blue or green whenever it wants to be.

DSC_0165.jpg

Hammer, pissed cause I moved it.

DSC_0167.jpg

Gsp. Just won't spread/grow :(

DSC_0170.jpg

And a full tank shizzot

DSC_0174.jpg

• 1 month later...

quick question...i got a xenia that "walked" under my monti cap. is it going to be ok under there or should i remove it? thank you.

Nice little tank. I have some Xenia walking as well but i'm not sure if they will bother anything or not.

i hope not, i've been reading a lil about sof coral and chemical warfare.

Nice simple setup very similar to mine.

Cajun country huh? Eat some of that good boudan and crawfish for me!

thanks,

will do. i'm around food all day its hard to stop. haha

Love the new candy canes! What kind of flow are yours in? Looks mediumish based on where your PH & AC outflow are.

thank you, actually i moved the candy canes to the left under my ph and moved the duncans where they used to be. not too much flow on them at all. they seem pretty happy.

thank you, actually i moved the candy canes to the left under my ph and moved the duncans where they used to be. not too much flow on them at all. they seem pretty happy.

How is the coverage with just the one par30 bulb?

How is the coverage with just the one par30 bulb?

For me, its pretty good. Its a spot light so i mainly focus it on the large rock i have to the left side of the tank. And i have a smaller rock with just zoas to the right thats doing pretty well.

For me, its pretty good. Its a spot light so i mainly focus it on the large rock i have to the left side of the tank. And i have a smaller rock with just zoas to the right thats doing pretty well.

Cool thanks! I might just have to do a setup just like this! Mind telling how much total cost of the equipment was? I want to be within probably a $500 total budget as im going to sell my imac.

Cool thanks! I might just have to do a setup just like this! Mind telling how much total cost of the equipment was? I want to be within probably a $500 total budget as im going to sell my imac.

total for equiptment= $200

live rock and sand= $100

plus misc. supplies= $50

total approx $350 before any real livestock. My plans for this tank was to be a simple, budget set-up that still looks good and i think i achieved that by choosing the right equiptment. And also taking time to do as much research as i can.

• 2 weeks later...
total for equiptment= $200

live rock and sand= $100

plus misc. supplies= $50

total approx $350 before any real livestock. My plans for this tank was to be a simple, budget set-up that still looks good and i think i achieved that by choosing the right equiptment. And also taking time to do as much research as i can.

Hey thanks man! I just sold my Imac so im thinking of going this route but im thinking of maybe getting the ledtric parbulb.

Hey thanks man! I just sold my Imac so im thinking of going this route but im thinking of maybe getting the ledtric parbulb.

cool, i would really give the full spectrum par38 a try. thinking about getting ledtric bulbs for my next tank.

• 4 weeks later...

Love the look of everything! Where do you shop? I'm from Cajun country too :D. I've never been to the store you mentioned in Baton Rouge but I told my husband it might be worth a trip. We typically shop at Tropical Fish Bowl in Lafayette. Pets Unlimited is way to expensive and they have a very small selection unfortunately.

Love the look of everything! Where do you shop? I'm from Cajun country too :D. I've never been to the store you mentioned in Baton Rouge but I told my husband it might be worth a trip. We typically shop at Tropical Fish Bowl in Lafayette. Pets Unlimited is way to expensive and they have a very small selection unfortunately.

thanks. I usually shop all around for stuff. When i first started i got most of my set-up like LR and LS from TFB, but after making a trip to BR i couldn't go back to the bowl. Unless i really needed emergency supplies. I agree with you on pets unlimited. I brought my sixline over there just because i didn't want to have one shipped to me. i usually try to save as much as i can for a couple months then make a trip to Aqua Hut. They have real quality fish/corals at a decent price. I also met up with a couple guys locally from Bayoureefkeeping thats also in the hobby with plenty of things to buy/sell/or trade. You should check it out if you haven't yet. Local reef clubs are the best. Fun meets and great events.

I've found one guy at Tropical Fish Bowl who I find to be very helpful, but the next time we need some stuff we will probably take a trip to BR. We had to buy an arrow crab today to help with bristleworm population control...and of course bought a few of their 9.99 frags. Seems like they always have the same things. We need to add some red to our tank so red mushrooms are probably the next on our list. My ex worked at both Pets Unlimited and Tropical Fish Bowl for years so I feel some loyalty but then again, I want to see something different. I miss Reef World. :(

Archived