Top Shelf Aquatics

Tulips.

Deleted User 3

albertthiel

Probably came in with the rock you have or live sand that had it in there but usually it comes with the rocks

Oh yes you will find new stuff all the time

Albert

No i have those too. I found out what it is, a spaghetti worm. Cooool. Keep finding new things, where do they COME from!?
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 3
Probably came in with the rock you have or live sand that had it in there but usually it comes with the rocks

Oh yes you will find new stuff all the time

Albert

Okay! Hey, a friend wants to know what this is, he says he has vermetid snail webs and this looks different, kind of barbed and it pulses. (its the stringy thing)

albertthiel

Looks familiar but would need a real better close up to try and make sure what it is .. It looks like a long tentacle but that may not be it ... it is coming out of a coral or out of a rock ?

Please clarify.

Thanks

Albert

Okay! Hey, a friend wants to know what this is, he says he has vermetid snail webs and this looks different, kind of barbed and it pulses. (its the stringy thing)

Or is this coming out of what the white round things are which look like snails but so small even in the enlarged pic that I cannot ID it

Albert

Deleted User 3
Looks familiar but would need a real better close up to try and make sure what it is .. It looks like a long tentacle but that may not be it ... it is coming out of a coral or out of a rock ?

Please clarify.

Thanks

Albert

I believe its coming out of a rock, no tube or anything he says.

albertthiel

Has to be some kind of tentacle from whatever is in the rock and it's looking to snatch food but for now that is just a guess as to really figure it out I would have to have a real close up pic whether we can really see what we are looking at to try and ID it

Albert

I believe its coming out of a rock, no tube or anything he says.
Deleted User 3

Has to be some kind of tentacle from whatever is in the rock and it's looking to snatch food but for now that is just a guess as to really figure it out I would have to have a real close up pic whether we can really see what we are looking at to try and ID it

Albert

[/quote

Ill ask.

albertthiel

OK

Albert

Albert

Ill ask.

Good for you ... where did you find the answer .... Just interested ...

Albert

Whoo hooo! Found it myself, goo neeewbiieee :D

It's a digitate hydroid!

Deleted User 3
OK

Albert

Ill ask.

Good for you ... where did you find the answer .... Just interested ...

Albert

I was browsing an ID forum i hadn't seen before, and found it in the worm, snail section, saw the pic and went OMG that's it! :P

albertthiel

What ID forum was it do you remember ?

Albert

I was browsing an ID forum i hadn't seen before, and found it in the worm, snail section, saw the pic and went OMG that's it! :P
No i have those too. I found out what it is, a spaghetti worm. Cooool. Keep finding new things, where do they COME from!?

Yay spaghetti worms! I had tons when I first got my tank set up. Now, I have none that I can find. I do have a healthy number of HH filter feeders, though, including at least 2 basket stars, that I think the tank is still doing well enough. Not sure why my spaghetti worms are MIA. Could be related to how nutrients are maintained in the tank (as opposed to the FL gulf where the LR came from) or could be predators.

Albert

Probably in the Beginner's Discussion forum -- there's an awesome hitchhiker's ID thread there. Maybe this --one--?

Deleted User 3

Albert

no..

Yay spaghetti worms! I had tons when I first got my tank set up. Now, I have none that I can find. I do have a healthy number of HH filter feeders, though, including at least 2 basket stars, that I think the tank is still doing well enough. Not sure why my spaghetti worms are MIA. Could be related to how nutrients are maintained in the tank (as opposed to the FL gulf where the LR came from) or could be predators.

I only have one lol, and he's new, just came out recently because ive never seen him before.. :P I want more starfish, i loooooooooooooove them <3

Probably in the Beginner's Discussion forum -- there's an awesome hitchhiker's ID thread there. Maybe this --one--?

No it was somewhere else, not on this site. I googled and googled and found it :P

Deleted User 3

Interesting find this morning... not afraid of the light seems like... kind of moves on the rock like a sting ray..

246440_375534685829428_1925562468_n.jpg

Friend, foe.... & what is it? Flatworm?

Really? Interesting, didn't know that. Particular brand or anything, or just random samples?

I should have done more research before I opened my big mouth, but some of the "cheaper" brands do have phos in them. In fact if some adveritise that they don't contain phos for that reason.

Hopefully someone will back me up on this!!!! :)

surgicalsense
From the picture I wouldn't have had a clue. Would have guessed a flatworm though. After watching the video...definitely looks like a flatworm. You've had some interesting HH :)

Gena, recall those tiny white worms like things I freaked out about that were swimming? Could this be the samething?

Tulip, did you find this on the glass?

Gena, recall those tiny white worms like things I freaked out about that were swimming? Could this be the samething?

Oh yeah, I do remember that. Very well could be the same thing. I've never seen a flatworm swim before, but if it got knocked loose from a wall or rock, it certainly could swim.

surgicalsense
It was on the rock.

Okay ... the ones I had that freaked me out were swimming then pretty much landed in the substrate. I only them when I was night stalking my tank.

Deleted User 3
Okay ... the ones I had that freaked me out were swimming then pretty much landed in the substrate. I only them when I was night stalking my tank.

It doesn't swim, it crawls kind of. I don't think it's a stomella... the peoplei got the rock from say they have them and they look different, so I have no idea!! Cant find it now. Hopefully my snails get here today cuz I gotta mow the grass! It's even on my thermometer :( lol

albertthiel

Thanks ... Appreciate it

Albert

Amazing right what you can see at night that you don't see during the day ... and if you use a red lens or piece of plastic (red) in on your flashlight you won't disturb them and they won't go back into hiding IME

Albert

Deleted User 3

PS anyone know what the 'lawn' on my dry rock, and the sand is? Itused to be on the live rock but thats all gone now. Its nice and even, not hair algae i dont think. It grows. looks honestly like a chia pet or a lawn. and it doesnt come off. Im not worried, have snails coming but just want an ID :)

albertthiel
PS anyone know what the 'lawn' on my dry rock, and the sand is? Itused to be on the live rock but thats all gone now. Its nice and even, not hair algae i dont think. It grows. looks honestly like a chia pet or a lawn. and it doesnt come off. Im not worried, have snails coming but just want an ID :)

Some kind of green algae it sounds like but to be sure it would be good if you can post a pic of it

Is it thicker than what we call "hair" algae in the hobby ?

Albert

Archived