seabass

100 gallons behind a wall

On 11/12/2018 at 4:21 PM, HarryPotter said:

... how on earth do the rocks stay so clean? Mine either go red or green, but never stay white!

Perhaps a more realistic depiction of the actual color of my rocks (without the tank lights on):

111418a.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, seabass said:

Perhaps a more realistic depiction of the actual color of my rocks (without the tank lights on):

111418a.jpg

Still; I am not sure how you don't have more algae on a tank this age! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Still; I am not sure how you don't have more algae on a tank this age! 

Better?

imageproxy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I use a five year old "advanced" point and shoot (Canon Powershot S120).  It has it's limitations, but gets the job done.  The zoom is practically non-existent, and most of my pics are resized, and post processed to improve their appearance.  I do like the manual features and white balance (couldn't live without them).  I figure most of my pics are for these forums so 800x600 is usually as large as I post (640x480 most of the time, sometimes even 320x240).

• Like 1

I thought it might be easier to get the the cardinals to eat something other than frozen.  However, they continue to spit out anything that isn't frozen.  I'll keep trying, as I don't wish to feed frozen every day (doesn't really work well when I am gone).

Interestingly, they only live one or two years in the wild (and more like four in captivity).  Based on size, I assume that mine are still young.  They will likely outlive my geriatric clownfish.

• Like 2

Don't try this at home folks.  So today at lunchtime, I noticed that I had forgot to turn on the return pump and powerhead on my tank yesterday.  It must have been 16 to 18 hours without any heat or circulation. :eek:

The skimmer and heater in the sump were still on (which didn't help the display), but supplied instant oxygen and heat to my tank when I turned the return back on.  Surprisingly, I don't see any evidence of anything abnormal.  Dodged a bullet there.  I guess under stocking has its advantages.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

7 minutes ago, seabass said:

Don't try this at home folks.  So today at lunchtime, I noticed that I had forgot to turn on the return pump and powerhead on my tank yesterday.  It must have been 16 to 18 hours without any heat or circulation. :eek:

The skimmer and heater in the sump were still on (which didn't help the display), but supplied instant oxygen and heat to my tank when I turned the return back on.  Surprisingly, I don't see any evidence of anything abnormal.  Dodged a bullet there.  I guess under stocking has its advantages.

Glad to hear all is well with the tank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1