Pod Your Reef

old thread lol

jedimasterben

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben
live or frozen?

decapsulated eggs, i should have said. The fish go just as crazy over the eggs as they do when i hatch them out, so i don't bother hatching them anymore.

jedimasterben
Love the websteam! help me set up one? And need webstream of the cat! pretty pweeze. Hey I was once watching a live steaming interview with (my idol) Peter Shankman (who posts happy birfday on my wall every year OMG!) anyway. He has cats and I tweeted him to show me one of his cats on the interview. The stream went on commercial break (did I mention he's a celebrity, lots of people sponsor him) and he came back with the cat in his lap. WOOOT.

I will zoom out soon and you can watch the cats, too. :)

And it was a snap to set up, all I did was plug it in and Windows 7 installed the drivers, then Ustream detected the webcam and I started streaming! The webcam is a Microsoft Lifecam Cinema, and it wasn't too expensive.

OMG THE ANTHIA DOES LOVE THAT PVC PIPE!

sorry for the caps, it was very exciting.

It is very exciting, I love my pretty anthias. :wub:

jedimasterben
it's blank

You see them? They're being lazy now! They don't want to chase the laser pointer, they know I'm expecting them to do something!

You see them? They're being lazy now! They don't want to chase the laser pointer, they know I'm expecting them to do something!

nope, the screen is blank

oh wait, I saw em for a second, now there is an ad.

jedimasterben
nope, the screen is blank

did you push the play button? ustream is weird about restarting a stream.

jedimasterben
they're adorable! Thank you for showing them to me!

You're welcome. :)

And I expect to see one of Bogi at some point. :)

jedimasterben
Tank Sitter says he will set up my live feed for me tomorrow. YAY!

sweet baby jesus he's adorable

No, Ben's is just retracted. They will extend to catch food.

Same coral in both these pics below:

IMG_4089.JPG

IMG_20111116_203639.jpg

Cool -- thanks for the pics. I have 2 in my tank, neither of which are extending much recently. One is being annoyed by a giant pink mushroom that keeps moving into its spot. The other is just a baby and gets lost in the halimeda.

Live stream of the QT tank is up!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jedimasterben

Woo hoo! I can run your stream at home when I'm away from my tank :lol:!

jedimasterben
Woo hoo! I can run your stream at home when I'm away from my tank :lol:!

Living vicariously through me or something like that :lol:

And anyone watching the stream, yes, the water is very cloudy from a bacterial bloom (from dosing sugar for nitrate reduction). The front glass also has an odd residue on it that wouldn't wipe off with a paper towel and RO water. I'll clean it with Windex later.

And I'm a tard. I introduced ich back into the QT system two nights ago! I found some chaeto in the 20g tank that was the old sump and the next morning when I flipped on the lights I saw a few white spots on some fish, so I removed the Cuprisorb and dumped in another dose of Cupramine. D'oh!

albertthiel
Aaaaaaaaaand of course one of the cats knocked over the webcam. lol

Yes a real interesting view right now .... :-0

Albert

jedimasterben

Stream is back up and running (and on the tank, not the floor ;) ). Got my Reefcleaners order, about to drop them into the main tank!

Live stream of the QT tank is up!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jedimasterben

I dont know why? But when viewing the live stream. it only lasts about 1min. then the chanel changes to looking at building. Also can you add your live feed link to your SIG? Much easer to find everytime people wanna view it.

sorry about adding ick back into QT. Im sure it will all be solved soon. :)

jedimasterben
I dont know why? But when viewing the live stream. it only lasts about 1min. then the chanel changes to looking at building. Also can you add your live feed link to your SIG? Much easer to find everytime people wanna view it.

sorry about adding ick back into QT. Im sure it will all be solved soon. :)

Very strange, I will look into the stream. It may be because I don't have a "pro" Ustream account.

And ich is AWFUL, but since this is the THIRD time dealing with it, I'd say I know the routine by now :lol:

And I will add the link to my sig, great idea.

Also, who wants to play "spot Ben's new fishy fishy"? :)

jedimasterben
Haha I love the tiki face!!! The black sand makes it looks so unique. :)

Thanks. :)

The new fishy has survived copper treatment for the past few hours and is swimming around nicely. He has been following around one of the anthias. I think he likes her :lol:

Archived