inTank Media Baskets

old thread lol

jedimasterben

2012-06-10_21-48-10_29.jpg

Is that really starphire glass? or is the back glass reg glass? can see alot of green looking at wall through tank.Not that matters if back glass is reg lol.No one offers these tanks in midwest but the owner of my lfs goes to florida often is working on bringing some back.Do you by any chance know the cost of the 80 gal in either glass?

Nice work btw.liking the stand.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that really starphire glass? or is the back glass reg glass? can see alot of green looking at wall through tank.Not that matters if back glass is reg lol.No one offers these tanks in midwest but the owner of my lfs goes to florida often is working on bringing some back.Do you by any chance know the cost of the 80 gal in either glass?

Agreed. Not strarphire.

Look at the color of the wall right behind the tank, then look at the glass again. The Jedi don't make mistakes.

Look at the color of the wall right behind the tank, then look at the glass again. The Jedi don't make mistakes.

I am. It's not starphire.

But it is.

No, it isn't. You can see the difference between starphire and other glass.

img src=http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h299/kyle1284/starphire.jpg

Oh, and a simple check of Deep Blue's website shows that they don't even offer starphire glass as an option. DOH!

It's called 'Opti-Pure'

Try again dbag.

Opti-pure isn't starphire, which is a registered trade name of one manufacturer. Starphire is also clearer than whatever that tank is made with. So, try again yourself. dbag.

Next you'll be trying to convince us that timex is the exact same thing as rolex.

The paint on wall looks more green through the back and the side panel.Not trying to start fight lol but just looked like normal glass to me and hope didnt pay more for it if isnt.

Opti-pure isn't starphire, which is a registered trade name of one manufacturer. Starphire is also clearer than whatever that tank is made with. So, try again yourself. dbag.

Next you'll be trying to convince us that timex is the exact same thing as rolex.

Let me clue you in on something since you're so new.

Most everyone here calls low-iron glass 'starphire'

Who has a Sterling Glass LTD Starphire® tank?

I know it's a brand name, obviously you do as well.

So now that we have that figured out, go drink your haterade somewhere else.

The back pane is refracting the green color from the wall. Look at the pane to the extreme right in front of the white door for reference. Looks like low iron glass to me.

Now, where are those pics? I've all ways been fascinated by Mollies in SW, don't ask why.

Let me clue you in on something since you're so new.

Most everyone here calls low-iron glass 'starphire'

Who has a Sterling Glass LTD Starphire® tank?

I know it's a brand name, obviously you do as well.

So now that we have that figured out, go drink your haterade somewhere else.

I'm not new here.

That glass is green. It's not the wall, it's not reflections, and it's not the flash. It's the glass.

I know lots of people that have tanks made with actual starphire glass, or at least something equivalent. This isn't.

I'm not new here.

That glass is green. It's not the wall, it's not reflections, and it's not the flash. It's the glass.

I know lots of people that have tanks made with actual starphire glass, or at least something equivalent. This isn't.

I'm sure the Jedi is glad you know so much about his tank.

It must get tiring being both stubborn and ignorant.

You done hatin' yet n00b?

Tank looks dank Jedi.

Nope, but they are a source of live food, like clockwork (eventually, I hope they are a pair).

These were acclimated overnight. There were four of them, but two of them did not make it through the week after. They didn't look the healthiest even when they were at the store.

Yep, guppies, mollies, a lot of "freshwater" puffers, most all can live and thrive in full salt. Mollies grow larger in saltwater, too, I've seen some that were about 6" long. :eek:

Wow! I had no idea. Whenever we've had mollies, they always had babies, even in conditions that were less than idea. Great food source!

jedimasterben

To the naysayers - the tank is indeed "starphire" glass. Please look at the original pictures of the tank on page one of the thread. The tank is reflecting my wife's "accent" wall that is a light blue color. My camera loves to take pictures of reflections instead of what I actually want it to take pictures of lol.

Well, tank is in place, as is the MP10 on the rear. Tank is partially filled, has about 55-60 gallons in it currently, some it was premixed water I had already made, and some of it is RO that I just added salt mix to the whole thing. Letting the MP10 at maximum laminar (should be ~2000GPH) and a fountain pump at around 400GPH do the mixing. Tomorrow I am picking up the sump from my parents' house and will silicone in the baffles, and for the moment just use the 20H I have now. I may just push the 20L to the back of the sump area for the actual sump and drill the 20H and use it as a fuge until I can get a 40B for it, which will hopefully be soon! I hope my floor can take all this weight!

The plan for tomorrow (well, later today actually) is to get the sump started gluing, get my sand and rock in there, and maybe let everything settle for a few days before moving stuff over. Or I may just put everything in.

I am going to use an extra 1x2 board to make a base frame for my heatsinks to sit on - I'm gonna wait a few weeks to get the full canopy put up since I blew a couple of LEDs (one literally caught on fire, but still works lol). Steve from Steve's LEDs is getting some cool blue Rebels and is having some 3up star boards custom made, so I'm gonna have him make me some custom stars. :) :)

(wrote the above last night and fell asleep before posting lol)

FIlled the tank today (used like 60g new water and will use water from my old system to fill the rest and the sump and stuff). Added my sand and rock that both cured in my spare 17g tank, and will move the rest of the rock over once I begin the full move. My dad got the acrylic baffles cut, so I will begin siliconing them in and get that part ready. I just need to measure and see if I can fit the 20L and 20H inside the stand.

Pics from last night:

2012-06-17_00-44-55_198.jpg

2012-06-17_00-45-59_305.jpg

2012-06-17_00-45-25_519.jpg

2012-06-17_00-45-40_143.jpg

2012-06-17_00-45-48_671.jpg

And of the current tank:

I got this guys, go on without me!

2012-06-14_17-40-26_198.jpg

See the little striped arm-looking-thing? Anyone know what it is?

2012-06-14_17-42-42_150.jpg

Not sure what the fuzzy, aiptasia-looking-thing in the center of this one is, either.

2012-06-14_17-42-14_354.jpg

The jawfish finally went into the house I made him!

2012-06-14_16-55-53_927.jpg

Both cleaning shrimp decided to jump on me, I've never seen either of them do this!

2012-06-14_16-50-44_207.jpg

albertthiel
To the naysayers - the tank is indeed "starphire" glass. Please look at the original pictures of the tank on page one of the thread. The tank is reflecting my wife's "accent" wall that is a light blue color. My camera loves to take pictures of reflections instead of what I actually want it to take pictures of lol.

Both cleaning shrimp decided to jump on me, I've never seen either of them do this!

2012-06-14_16-50-44_207.jpg

Nice pic of the Cleaners touching your fingers ... they are nosey buggers indeed ...

Albert

jedimasterben
brittle star,featherduster

Good call on the feather duster, but as for a brittle star, it doesn't move at all, other than pulling the "legs" into its hole. Has been in the same place for almost two weeks now.

Nice pic of the Cleaners touching your fingers ... they are nosey buggers indeed ...

Albert

I love it. :) And my fire shrimp has NEVER gone near my hand, much less jumped on it and tried to clean it!

Archived