ReefCleaners.org

FS: AIO Refugium for 20L and 5.5g, Mini Frag Rack, HOB Surface Skimmer Box

YankeePete

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim,

First off let me just say your are my hero! I am getting into the hobby again after a 12 yr hiatus and your products will make this possible for me. After many late nights and tons of research I have decided to build my own AIO nano. The market for prebuilts is great but too expensive for my modest Army income.

I have decided to build a 20L AIO after seeing Esqueleto's awesome build.

Earlier in this thread someone asked about a center fed skimmer box with compartments and I was wondering if you have fabricated any yet. I am interested in this look.

Or maybe a skimmer box with HOB filter.

I would like to keep SPS, LPS and a pair of clowns (the boys love nemo!). So, would a end fitting AIO box with the compartments be better for this or just a good filter with skimmer and box do the trick.

Also, with the money I save by purchasing Your products I am planning on getting an AI Super blue LED system.

Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance! Looking forward to diving in again, been too long!

Scott

I am interested in a 20L AIO from you but the difference is that i took of the plastic trim on the top of my tank so it just has the bottom for a little more support. Think you can make me one for it like that? and how much will it cost?

thanks,

Luis

P.S. don't make it yet just shoot me a price i need to get the money first to pay you :)

Me too i hope everything is ok maybe he is too busy i know his wife was getting ready to have a little Timmy :) I'm hoping to order a 20L aio and maybe a media rack to go with it.

Tim has not gone online in a very long time i hope everything is ok with him and his family. Anyone know him personally that might have some info on his status?

JakeJekel37

Tim has been online, he just hasn't been posting or replying to PMs. He was last on June 26th. I also have not heard back from him since paypal'ing my order on May 19th. I know he's been very busy with personal stuff. I hope everything is ok, and I'm sure he'll get around to fulfilling his obligations when he can.

I just received shipping confirmation via email from Tim earlier today for my plug frag ranks, so don't worry guys! He's still around, just probably really busy. :]

I'm in the same boat as you guys, I sent my payment on may 6th. I ordered two of the all in one units but only got one so far. I know Tim has been dealing with a lot so I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure he'll come through. The quality of his work is great. He made me an AIO unit for the center back wall of a 20L and it fits perfectly. I haven't siliconed it in yet but here's a quick pic.

IMG_2409.jpg

northeastern
Being stuck in the house with the baby this weekend has really given me the to bare down on a couple of more overdue projects. First I made a small mini version on the HOB Surface skimmer for Bartek. I believe he was going to use it on an AC20.

I also finished the prototype of this Surface Skimmer Media Box. It will be for the AquarClear 70. It is a surface skimmer box with room for filter media and Chemi-pure, carbon etc. This allow you to get the media out of the AquaClear and make more room in the filter for growing Chaeto. It's magnet mount of course....

Do you have any size specs?

Looking for stuff to go in my 10 gallon. Pm me when you get a chance!

I just received shipping confirmation via email from Tim earlier today for my plug frag ranks, so don't worry guys! He's still around, just probably really busy. :]

Thanks for the update.. I'm waiting for the holiday festivities to pass.. hopefully we hear from him soon.

yo pete, message you many times still havent got back to me regarding the mini frag racks. well hope to hear from you soon. love your artwork.

steviejitsu

Hey I need your expertise on something that's been on my mind. I have an AIO tank right now, but I'm thinking of taking out the back chambers and putting in a overflow box. Is that at all possible? I'm not sure if the plastic of the false wall is siliconed to the acrylic tank because i dont see any silicone.

Hey I need your expertise on something that's been on my mind. I have an AIO tank right now, but I'm thinking of taking out the back chambers and putting in a overflow box. Is that at all possible? I'm not sure if the plastic of the false wall is siliconed to the acrylic tank because i dont see any silicone.

I don't currently own an AIO but I used to (Nuvo 16) but I know how acrylic works.

Acrylic are generally attached by cement, and it's not an adhesion either. The cement actually softens the acrylic and bonds them together. That is why you do not see any "silicone" bead. Think of it more as a weld.

I don't currently own an AIO but I used to (Nuvo 16) but I know how acrylic works.

Acrylic are generally attached by cement, and it's not an adhesion either. The cement actually softens the acrylic and bonds them together. That is why you do not see any "silicone" bead. Think of it more as a weld.

Yup it actually heats up and melts/welds them together.

JakeJekel37

Alright, now I'm starting to get a little worried. It's been just shy of 2 months since I heard from Tim and paid him, and it's been just over 2 weeks since he's logged in to the forums. I hope all is well, but I think perhaps people should not try to get a hold of him or send him any payments for the time being (if anyone would send money without talking to him first anyway).

Does anyone know if a dispute with paypal will mess something up on his end? I think there is only a 45 day period to do a dispute and I don't really want to bring anything negative to Tim, as I don't feel he hasn't shown up on purpose. But I'm still a poor college student and would very much like my money back (although I'd rather have a media basket!) in case something happened and he never shows up (which I hope isn't the case). That being said, I'm going to wait until it gets closer to the 45 day mark.

Does anyone know if a dispute with paypal will mess something up on his end? I think there is only a 45 day period to do a dispute and I don't really want to bring anything negative to Tim, as I don't feel he hasn't shown up on purpose. But I'm still a poor college student and would very much like my money back (although I'd rather have a media basket!) in case something happened and he never shows up (which I hope isn't the case). That being said, I'm going to wait until it gets closer to the 45 day mark.

No. A dispute will not due anything negative on Tim's end. The worst it will do is have the funds withdrawn from his paypal balance and sent back to its rightful owner. If I were you; and need the money for something else. I would do it. No harm done.

Archived