Cultivated Reef

FS: AIO Refugium for 20L and 5.5g, Mini Frag Rack, HOB Surface Skimmer Box

YankeePete

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NIce to hear things are looking up for you and your family Tim. I have always been a great fan of your work and hopefully will be an owner of them one day! Take care.

how does the skimmer box dimensions and how does it attach to the tank? looking to use one on a jbj picotope with an ac70

edit: and ill take that airstone skimmer to if youre still willing to hand it out :D

really good to hear about your son. there is nothing in the world like a new life.

If you are still planning on shipping my order. i'd like to change a few things since its been a while.

I had the frag rack and the custom overflow for the picotope.

I don't need the overflow anymore but i could send a few more $$ and possibly get the 5.5gal aio setup.

lmk thanks.

If you are still planning on shipping my order. i'd like to change a few things since its been a while.

I had the frag rack and the custom overflow for the picotope.

I don't need the overflow anymore but i could send a few more $$ and possibly get the 5.5gal aio setup.

lmk thanks.

Sushi,

You are next on my list. I will PM you later this afternoon.

Tim

how does the skimmer box dimensions and how does it attach to the tank? looking to use one on a jbj picotope with an ac70

edit: and ill take that airstone skimmer to if youre still willing to hand it out :D

really good to hear about your son. there is nothing in the world like a new life.

The Surface Skimmer is 5"hx2.9"Wx2.3"D. It is magnet mount of course!

Nano/Pico Skimmer teaser pictures....

......the plan is to become a vendor here at Nano-Reef.com in the next month!

ReefRocketFull.jpg

ReefRocketTop.jpg

I have had a lot of people asking if I could make a Glazer type MP10 Splash Shield. Thanks to one of the members here beating me up about it yesterday I broke down and gave it a shot. It needs to get a test fit as I don't have a MP10 myself.....

MP10Shield.jpg

That is something I've been needing for sometime now for my 9.5" tall display. I can't push an mp10 past 50--60% without causing tornado vacuums at the surface. A magnet version would be great as I have a lid on a rimless. lol anti-jumper net.

That is something I've been needing for sometime now for my 9.5" tall display. I can't push an mp10 past 50--60% without causing tornado vacuums at the surface. A magnet version would be great as I have a lid on a rimless. lol anti-jumper net.

Do you think magnets would mess with the induction drive on the MP10?

Well, when using my Magfloat (small) with powerful magnet cruising by the mp10 I don't notice disalignment of the wet/dry sides, so probably the answer is no. I would imagine that if you added a magnet into your design, it wouldn't be as large or as strong to have negative effects. Testing this would definitely serve purpose though. Any top of your head price range for something like this?

Edit: As I look at the picture more. I think as long as the magnet placement is high enough/farther away from the mp10 would of course be a better way to go.

Edit #2 (lol): My bad had another brain storm idea. What if the "shield" just somehow clipped on comfortably onto the mp10 (models, etc)? Clipped onto the gills/openings of the wetside...... hmm

jedimasterben
Edit: As I look at the picture more. I think as long as the magnet placement is high enough/farther away from the mp10 would of course be a better way to go.

+1

And let me know the price on a magnet version for 1/2" glass, Tim, I will need three of them. You're the man!

Archived