Pod Your Reef

FS: AIO Refugium for 20L and 5.5g, Mini Frag Rack, HOB Surface Skimmer Box

YankeePete

YankeePete
Just ordered an 20l AIO refugium, thinking about copping a 40g one too...

Thank you! I tell you what I love the way this 40L/40B unit has come out it really makes me want to start one myself...if only I hadn't just started this 20L!!!!

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Tim,

Do you know when you would have the time to start on the design work in regards to the Mr. Aqua 12g L? :)

I pm'd you a few days ago about what I basically had in mind, but always open to other suggestions about it.

YankeePete

Here is a finished w/top cover 40L/40B AIO back wall unit.....it's being sent off to it's new owner tomorrow...

40L.jpg

Took a measurement of my 55g tonight. Am I correct in saying the glass is 1/4" thick on it?

jJaJe.jpg

If so, I'd like to order a few of the mini frag plugs :)

Took a measurement of my 55g tonight. Am I correct in saying the glass is 1/4" thick on it?

jJaJe.jpg

If so, I'd like to order a few of the mini frag plugs :)

i would say not quite but more like 3/16" just shy of 1/4".

I started a feedback post for YankeePete so show your support and post up your experiance.

I totally agree, doing mine in a couple of days :)

nice rock work man, is it nice and quite or do you hear any water running. how hard was it to silicone all the edges. i've been thinking a full size tube with caulking gun might not be very easy to do a clean job on the baffles, were you able to get all the way down to the bottom or did you use a small tube?

nice rock work man, is it nice and quite or do you hear any water running. how hard was it to silicone all the edges. i've been thinking a full size tube with caulking gun might not be very easy to do a clean job on the baffles, were you able to get all the way down to the bottom or did you use a small tube?

I bought a small tube from lowes, actually this one: Loctite Aquarium Safe Silicone; I went to Home Depot to get the DAP brand but they didnt have it in stock.

As for gluing the parts, I used tape as MFChop did. After I added all the silicone I just removed the tape and everything was very nice and clean :) the worst part was gluing the back walls, the space is very limited, I didnt do a very clean job over there but its sealed and working perfectly for sure :) I cleaned with a razor blade some areas after the silicone dried but overall it was a clean job from the beginning. Try to do it clean the first time so you dont have to redo the whole thing lol

I mostly used my fingers to apply the silicone to all the edges since the space is very limited and the tube doesnt fit very well inside the chambers specially when you have to squeeze it. After getting my fingers very sticky and covered with that particular vinegar smell I was done and happy to finish the d@mn thing lol

Good Luck with yours :)

THANK YOU FOR THE PARTS TIM!!!!!

EDIT: Here's my Build Thread!!!Esqueleto 20L AIO Reef

Looks great, nice scape

Thank you :)

Thank you for the tracking info :) Ill be posting pics on my build thread as soon as I get the frag rack. Im really excited to finally get a decent frag rack and get rid of the ugly eggcrate.

Really looking forward for the media basket for the 20L AIO kit :)

FREE BUMP FOR AWESOME PRODUCTS!!!!!

hey Tim, could you make me something like this: Scrubber but with the dimmensions of the second chamber of your 20L AIO Kit?? Im really interested, I hate to deal with chaeto in small spaces.

I also was thinking on making a little acrylic magnet stand to put two floatswitches to the 3rd chamber, the little stand could hold from the last baffle of the 20l AIO kit so I can close the filtration room with your black lid without interfering with the swtiches etc.... I would love to get something like this.

Please let me know if you can work something like this for me.

Hey Tim any chance I can tracking info for my aio unit? I thought it was going to in yesterday but it didn't show. Thanks Tim.

My 5.5 aio unit came in yesterday and wow! The quality of Tim's work is amazing. I should be siliconing the unit in tonight. I started a thread in the members aquarium forum. Thanks Tim, amazing work!

Just got mine in and wow! My moms first thought was I thought u ordered this from somebody. Really good skill you have there my friend Thanks 100%

gonzalez78
Tim, what would you say if I wanted you to build me a tank?

I was going to ask the same thing also for a small aio tank :( too bad you're not doing and full tanks.

Archived