ReefCleaners.org

FS: AIO Refugium for 20L and 5.5g, Mini Frag Rack, HOB Surface Skimmer Box

YankeePete

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jeff,

I would just need to know what float switch is being used so I can research what I would need to design to hold it. It would be pretty straight forward just have to have something to go by to design around.

Tim

The float switch is the one sold by digital aquatics on their site.

I was thinking of something similar to your frag holders but with just a hole for the float switch to screw into.

YankeePete
Pete, let me ask you this.

Could I install this AIO while the aquarium is full of water?

Tom,

No sadly the tank needs to be empty to silicone the AIO unit into it.

Tim

Mine isnt even wet yet :( need my lights to come in and order some rock from john @ reef cleaners. :) kind of hoping yankee comes up with a media basket!

Just out of curiosity anyone have pics of what they did in each chamber of the 20L

I would love to see that too.

Yeah, with the pump on the 2 and 3 chambers are to low for me to put my 75w heater in so idk what to do. Its in the 1st for now but I wanna make some type of media basket for there.

If you look at my pic the water line is just at the top of the pump, which is below the min water line for my heater :(

YankeePete
Yeah, with the pump on the 2 and 3 chambers are to low for me to put my 75w heater in so idk what to do. Its in the 1st for now but I wanna make some type of media basket for there.

If you look at my pic the water line is just at the top of the pump, which is below the min water line for my heater :(

MF,

Granted I do have my water line really high but I keep a Jager 75w in the middle chamber FWIW.

Tim

YankeePete

I was able to get a little more work done and a couple of other projects finished or at least closer to being finished! Here is the AIO for a 40B/40L. They are only 1.5mm different in height so I will say the same unit will interchange between the two 40 gallon tanks. They will be available with a couple of different return hole options. One being the friction fit for the MJ powerhead type pumps and another for a Loc-Line fitting. A media basket will be forth coming!

40L_AIO.jpg

40L_Corner.jpg

Tim

Maybe a dumb question but how did you get your water line higher?

from my experience with my AP AIO unit. The only way to keep the waterline high in the other chambers is to keep up with your water top off.

YankeePete
If I add anymore water to the tank it will over flow with the return pump on

Which MaxiJet pump are you using? I have the level in my tank right up to the bottom of the rim. When filling the tank you should reach a point where the display reaches it's max height and you can fill the refuge by adding water straight into the refuge thus filling it the rest of the way.

Tim

YankeePete
I just added more water to the chamber, ignore me Im a newb to the AIO / Chamber stuff lol

No worries....it took me a little bit to figure that out when I was building it!!!

Good to hear your son is finally home. Any chance you can pm me with an eta for the ago unit? Thanks man I appreciate it.

hey pete interested in some custom stuff that you can make for BC 8. I really want some frag racks LMK if you can make me one too. thanks

buddythelion
I just finish the 20g long i got from yankeepete it look really good when finish. My silicone job wasn't that great hopefully when i water test it tomorrow it be fine7189700912_f681b37d4f_b.jpg

5_13_2012A20glong by Tinyen

Did it come with the black side panels to cover the glass on the outside of the tank?

here is my late and early for work reply.

Tim: nice craftsmanship. I have interest on the HOB surface skimmer for AC50 but am concerned about how tall the teeth are, only because I have a mr. aqua 12g long rimless tank and like my water height around 1/4 - 1/2" below rim and run the AC50 wide open. Will the water cover at least half of the teeth as it overflows?

Also, I think you should design an AIO add-on for these tanks too as they are becoming very popular in the nano world; there's already quite a few build threads right here on NR and more on RC. I'm sure you will get requests for them as other enthusiasts find out about your work!

I can be the first to request the AIO add-on for the mr. aqua 12G long owner's out there.

What do you think. Possible to do? Let me know if you need the dims. PM me if you need to.

Glad to hear your new born is back home before Mothers Day! Keep up the good work too.

Edit: Dims

Hydor Pico Evolution 1200 (tiny footprint good power)

Did it come with the black side panels to cover the glass on the outside of the tank?

it did come with a black cover to cover the refugium area.

Archived