Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

FS: AIO Refugium for 20L and 5.5g, Mini Frag Rack, HOB Surface Skimmer Box

YankeePete

Yea, I must have one of these 5.5 kits now. Oh, and a trio of the mini frag racks. Just send me a paypal lol.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YankeePete
YankeePete any ETA on taking orders for the Media Rack?

Should be this week. I have been able to get a lot of projects finished this weekend!!!!

I got one of these hob surface skimmers works good nice craftsmanship too. Thanks Tim very professional

Glad to hear! Thank you very much.

• Like 1
Should be this week. I have been able to get a lot of projects finished this weekend!!!!

mr. aqua aio? ;P can hardly wait to get one ... i know it'll look sweet in these tanks

i'd love to have an early retirement for the eye sore aquaclear 50.

i was thinking it should have a top lid, adjustable overflow height and the outside cover be elongated a few mm's to help cover up a potentially bad silicone job (planning to use black silicone).

have a great memorial weekend everyone!

YankeePete
Hi Tim,

Sent payment last week for the 3 mini frag racks. Just wanted to make sure you it.

Yes I sure did. Thank you very much.

• Like 1
YankeePete

Being stuck in the house with the baby this weekend has really given me the to bare down on a couple of more overdue projects. First I made a small mini version on the HOB Surface skimmer for Bartek. I believe he was going to use it on an AC20.

I also finished the prototype of this Surface Skimmer Media Box. It will be for the AquarClear 70. It is a surface skimmer box with room for filter media and Chemi-pure, carbon etc. This allow you to get the media out of the AquaClear and make more room in the filter for growing Chaeto. It's magnet mount of course....

SufaceSkimmerMediaBox.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Tim I got my aio unit and everything looks amazing. The only thing that isn't working correctly is the back cover. It seems to be too tight. It won't fit on the back of my tank at all. I can pm pics if you want to know what I'm talking about. Other than that thank you for the awesome product. I love it already!

YankeePete
Hey Tim I got my aio unit and everything looks amazing. The only thing that isn't working correctly is the back cover. It seems to be too tight. It won't fit on the back of my tank at all. I can pm pics if you want to know what I'm talking about. Other than that thank you for the awesome product. I love it already!

Great.....I am not surprised on the tight end wrap. On my test tank that I use to mock things up with one end was tight and the other end really tight. Clearly not a lot of science when they build the tanks. I'll adjust the CAD file and make it 1mm wider and send you another cover. Sorry for it not fitting correctly for you.

• Like 1
Great.....I am not surprised on the tight end wrap. On my test tank that I use to mock things up with one end was tight and the other end really tight. Clearly not a lot of science when they build the tanks. I'll adjust the CAD file and make it 1mm wider and send you another cover. Sorry for it not fitting correctly for you.

No worries at all. Let me know if pus like me to pay for shipping or anything. Like I said other than that I absolutely love it! I'm siliconing everything in today. Thanks again!

Being stuck in the house with the baby this weekend has really given me the to bare down on a couple of more overdue projects. First I made a small mini version on the HOB Surface skimmer for Bartek. I believe he was going to use it on an AC20.

I also finished the prototype of this Surface Skimmer Media Box. It will be for the AquarClear 70. It is a surface skimmer box with room for filter media and Chemi-pure, carbon etc. This allow you to get the media out of the AquaClear and make more room in the filter for growing Chaeto. It's magnet mount of course....

That is an interesting looking design. Will it stay clear or will you offer black also? So, in what way does the water flow through the media chamber? From the AC's out take?

edit: oh i think i see it now... wait, no, wait oh yea i do now. overflows into the left chamber over media, down into lower channel, crosses over to right chamber and enters AC's intake tube, eh?

Question Anybody that's has gotten one of these aio using miracle mud if so how did u go about doing it. Did u add an extra wall in camber 2 or take out 3rd camber wall.

YankeePete
That is an interesting looking design. Will it stay clear or will you offer black also? So, in what way does the water flow through the media chamber? From the AC's out take?

edit: oh i think i see it now... wait, no, wait oh yea i do now. overflows into the left chamber over media, down into lower channel, crosses over to right chamber and enters AC's intake tube, eh?

This is the prototype that I made in acrylic just to show the inner workings. It will be made from black ABS.

• Like 1
wesley42079

What are the dimensions for the AC70 Surface Skimmer Media Box?

Will this fit on a AC110?

I truly love your home made products and can't wait for your full blown website to come online.

hey pete msg me when you have time, interested in a few of your products and any mods you might know of for Biocube 8gal?

thanks

Just wanted to say Thank you for a great product. I ordered an overflow box and AIO for a 20L. The AIO fit perfectly and is so professionally built. The overflow box works like a dream and I could not be happier with this order. Thanks again.

Tim, finally I got the two HOB Surface skimmer for AC 20 & 50. They're in action right now, and all I can say is WOW! :bowdown: I am very pleased, workmanship is perfect. Thank you very much! YGPM.

Tim, finally I got the two HOB Surface skimmer for AC 20 & 50. They're in action right now, and all I can say is WOW! :bowdown: I am very pleased, workmanship is perfect. Thank you very much! YGPM.

post pics! :)

Archived