ReefCleaners.org

FS: AIO Refugium for 20L and 5.5g, Mini Frag Rack, HOB Surface Skimmer Box

YankeePete

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Can't wait to test fit it for you soon. I will let you know how it goes.

Question: this will only fit for rimless tank? Because some of us do not have rimless but have a brace on top of the surrounding top

Yeah it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Can't wait to test fit it for you soon. I will let you know how it goes.

Question: this will only fit for rimless tank? Because some of us do not have rimless but have a brace on top of the surrounding top

A magnetic version would suit everyone as it would be universal. Let us know how well it works when you do test.

Makes complete sense...easier to have a solution for everyone verses two different models. I will see what I can come up with as a magnet mount.

Makes complete sense...easier to have a solution for everyone verses two different models. I will see what I can come up with as a magnet mount.

That would be awesome because i have 1 tank that is Rimless and the other tank will need a magnet mount!

Awesome idea jT415Gz!

I'll test it out.

Put me next on the list for the frag rack. I just ordered one from CaptainSalty and paid $20 for the same thing! I shoulda just made it! haha.

PM me when you can get one made if you would.

I just finished a magnet mount version of the MP10 Shield and will post pictures later.

Nice! I'll be the test dummy! Haha

I would love to buy a shield from you once others try out the magnet. A 235 dollar Powerhead is too much for me to experiment with. :scarry:

I'm definitely down if you produce a clip on version though!

Edit: how low down in the tank does that allow the mp10 to sit? After looking closer, that might be the perfect height for my set up. :)

I just finished a magnet mount version of the MP10 Shield and will post pictures later.

Yes! I can't wait to see your rough draft. This would be perfect and universal!

How much inches is it below the waterline or top of the tank when place on the rim?

So here is a picture of the mag mount MP10 Shield. If moved to the top of the tank(rimless) it will put the top of the MP10 at 1.5" below the water. On a rimmed tank you will just need to add the distance from under the rim to the 1.5". I believe the MP10 is good for glass up to 9.5mm thick and the magnets I am using here will more than cover that.....

MagMountMP10Shield.jpg

the shield is definitely cool.

i wonder if instead of using magnets on the shield. if it could be mounted between the wet side and the glass

and just the magnet on the mp10 hold it in place. the piece of acrylic that goes between the wet side should be thinner so it can have the best contact.

jedimasterben
the shield is definitely cool.

i wonder if instead of using magnets on the shield. if it could be mounted between the wet side and the glass

and just the magnet on the mp10 hold it in place. the piece of acrylic that goes between the wet side should be thinner so it can have the best contact.

can't work that way. the MP10 needs a pretty specific thickness of glass to work properly, and this would probably throw it off. The acrylic would need to be incredibly thin.

can't work that way. the MP10 needs a pretty specific thickness of glass to work properly, and this would probably throw it off. The acrylic would need to be incredibly thin.

with out the rubber spacer.

jedimasterben
with out the rubber spacer.

The rubber spacer is typically not needed, except on tanks with incredibly thin glass. It would be very, very difficult to make the acrylic thin enough to work on most tanks, but it would be very fragile.

That is a nice guard for the mp10.

I wonder if this will work placed in the bottom part so that the mp10 doesn't suck up sand causing sand storms.

Now I'd love to try one out for my mp10 on my 12 gallon long.

I wonder if this will work placed in the bottom part so that the mp10 doesn't suck up sand causing sand storms.

I don't see why not. Why not have have two for both top and bottom?

*Warning* Inverts, CUC and fish may be subject to minced meat if too close to the extraordinary focused suction :D

jedimasterben

You'd be losing one of the best features of the MP10 - the powerful undertow it produces.

Not sure if you remember me I bought a few frag racks and we were working on a custom hood for my Edge. I sent you a PM as well a week or so ago but guess you're busy. I'm interested in buying a few more frag racks and I think you had mentioned at one time you were building probe holders. If so what kinda wait time and information do you need? Prerferrably I'd like my heater, PH and ORP probes to fit in the same thing. Let me know one way or the other.

Archived