SaltCritters.com

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

Red planet has darkened a bit under the 2 Blue+ and 2 Coral+ bulbs, and it's growing nicely.

14364500487_cfa75e2f18_c.jpg

This A.florida has been a slow grower for me but always looks great, loves the light.

14571064373_d3a93d36a3_c.jpg

Meet Mr. Acro (the crab) :)

14547593161_bf9698a33c_c.jpg

A.gomezi, really taking off now!

14528127926_5a736fefd5_c.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 Blue+ 2 Coral+? When was this, and I thought you ran 6 bulbs?

I cut it back to 4 bulbs in the day, corals were getting a bit bleached on top. I run channel one (two bulbs) in the morning and evening. Still 6 bulbs but not all at once :)

Oh yes and I wasn't fond of the Purple+ trial either. The ABS bulbs are also out, too much "white" for me :)

jedimasterben

The ABS bulbs are also out, too much "white" for me :)

It's due to the extreme green spike on them in relation to blue, the Coral Plus is much more balanced - love those bulbs! :)

It's due to the extreme green spike on them in relation to blue, the Coral Plus is much more balanced - love those bulbs! :)

Agreed 100%, ATI Coral+ is da bomb!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Agreed 100%, ATI Coral+ is da bomb!

I really wish I could find a search this thread option to find at what point in your 80 pages Im quoted saying "try the Coral+" as its a newer version with a blend of ABS!

You heard it here first!

Corals look incredible. :)

Thanks 4 X 5, your tank is looking incredible !

I really wish I could find a search this thread option to find at what point in your 80 pages Im quoted saying "try the Coral+" as its a newer version with a blend of ABS!

You heard it here first!

If you don't find it, it never happened :P

The ABS has a good spectrum for corals it's just it really looks like crap. I have used the KZ New Generation Coral Light and like it as well, just a bit more yellow than the ATI coral+ despite they both advertise ~14K spectrum. I am almost convinced you could use the ATI Coral+ stand alone, but I like a little more blue and possibly with all Coral+ you would have too much yellow-red spectrum.

Think I will stick to this combo for a while and see how things develop, Im getting some good colours from corals with it. Corals are not fond of changing spectrums all the time, I would consider it a form of instability in the tank. Pick a spectrum and stick with it. :)

it was between 3 blue+ 3 coral+ and my current combo (3 blue+, 1 coral+, 1 purple+, 1 actinic)

i might try the other to see how it compares. thoughts?

If you were to try something different, try 2 Blue+ 3 Coral+ 1 Actinic

What Jon suggests is worth a try :)

it was between 3 blue+ 3 coral+ and my current combo (3 blue+, 1 coral+, 1 purple+, 1 actinic)

i might try the other to see how it compares. thoughts?

How do you find the Actinic? Right now I am running 6 Blue +, 1 Coral + and One Purple +, I have been strongly considering swapping one of the Blue + to Actinic

How do you find the Actinic? Right now I am running 6 Blue Plus 1 Coral + and One Purple + , I have been strongly considering swapping one of the Blue + to Actinic

I only run the actinic in the morning with a B+, it appears dim to the eye so you think it isn't doing anything but it is. With 6 B+ I don't think you would benefit from it a whole lot since B+ already has some actinic. I would take out a B+ and replace it with a C+ personally :)

TheKleinReef

How do you find the Actinic? Right now I am running 6 Blue Plus 1 Coral + and One Purple + , I have been strongly considering swapping one of the Blue + to Actinic

I like it, everything seems to be coloring up wonderfully.

i have it running with a blue+ as my dawn/dusk.

jedimasterben

If you don't find it, it never happened :P

:lol:

despite they both advertise ~14K spectrum.

That's why you can't put any stock into these made-up numbers. ATI is the one coming up with those numbers, not Sylvania (the manufacture).

I am almost convinced you could use the ATI Coral+ stand alone, but I like a little more blue and possibly with all Coral+ you would have too much yellow-red spectrum.

Definitely not too much red/yellow. A lot of coral farms are still using Iwasaki 6500K halides.

IMG_20131007_210429041.jpg

IMG_20131007_210441357.jpg

IMG_20131007_210448235.jpg

IMG_20131007_210457249.jpg

I'm missing one picture that I took of my frag rack, the coralline and the corals on it were lit up like they were on fire.

:lol:

That's why you can't put any stock into these made-up numbers. ATI is the one coming up with those numbers, not Sylvania (the manufacture).

Definitely not too much red/yellow. A lot of coral farms are still using Iwasaki 6500K halides.

I'm missing one picture that I took of my frag rack, the coralline and the corals on it were lit up like they were on fire.

I have tied in the past 10K overall spectrum, I just couldn't get colours, now if I was a coral farm you can bet I would be running a warm spectrum. In Bali they grow the maricultured corals in shallow water then move them to deeper water before sale to colour them up.

It would be a worthy experiment to run only ATI C+ over corals to see how they do, not sure if I am willing to do that experiment however, I am sure they would do fine but maybe not quite the coral colours I prefer.

Your pictures look a bit pink, camera or true as the eyes see? I have noticed that the C+ bulb, when looking straight at it, looks a bit pink, thought I was seeing things but maybe not :D

jedimasterben

I have tied in the past 10K overall spectrum, I just couldn't get colours, now if I was a coral farm you can bet I would be running a warm spectrum. In Bali they grow the maricultured corals in shallow water then move them to deeper water before sale to colour them up.

It would be a worthy experiment to run only ATI C+ over corals to see how they do, not sure if I am willing to do that experiment however, I am sure they would do fine but maybe not quite the coral colours I prefer.

But hey, any non-fluorescent colors would be sah-WEET! :)

Your pictures look a bit pink, camera or true as the eyes see? I have noticed that the C+ bulb, when looking straight at it, looks a bit pink, thought I was seeing things but maybe not :D

That was with my phone and was surprisingly accurate, though it is a little more purple than in reality.

I think u are right about the pink in the coral +

I have 1 blue+ and one coral+ on my hybrid right now. I can definitely see a pinkish hue on my super white substrate with the coral plus. The blending on my nanobox hybrid is pretty awesome, but you can see it every so slightly. I'm leaning towards switching both bulbs to blue+ now that I am going to have limes added to my array.

I think I would prefer that look over switching both bulbs to coral+. That might be a little too pinkish, purple for me.

P.s. Your red planet is sex. Exactly what I hope mine looks like when it grows. I like the dark red,pinkish they get in ulns and high light. Mine is still more green then red. Thinking of moving it up.

That crab is unbelievably cute! :lol:

There are two in the same colony, never been able to sex them, would be cool to have a family :D

I think u are right about the pink in the coral +

I have 1 blue+ and one coral+ on my hybrid right now. I can definitely see a pinkish hue on my super white substrate with the coral plus. The blending on my nanobox hybrid is pretty awesome, but you can see it every so slightly. I'm leaning towards switching both bulbs to blue+ now that I am going to have limes added to my array.

I think I would prefer that look over switching both bulbs to coral+. That might be a little too pinkish, purple for me.

P.s. Your red planet is sex. Exactly what I hope mine looks like when it grows. I like the dark red,pinkish they get in ulns and high light. Mine is still more green then red. Thinking of moving it up.

Definitely some red in Coral+, I find it to be a good full spectrum bulb for the reef.

Thanks, I have had that planet for two years now, only in the last 6-8 months have I seen any substantial tabling. Picture only shows about half of it. I have been dosing B-Balance which it seems to like :)

Wow great photos, that red planet is amazing! Love the shot of the acro crab. I hada few of them in some of my colonies but they always hid when I got closer, never could get a good picture of them.

Wow great photos, that red planet is amazing! Love the shot of the acro crab. I hada few of them in some of my colonies but they always hid when I got closer, never could get a good picture of them.

Thanks and again congrats on TOTM. I hand feed these crabs with mysis shrimp, they are getting pretty used to me now.

Red planet has darkened .

14364500487_cfa75e2f18_c.jpg

That is a really nice red planet I like the branching it is developing.

That is a really nice red planet I like the branching it is developing.

Many thanks reefwiser :)

Thanks and again congrats on TOTM. I hand feed these crabs with mysis shrimp, they are getting pretty used to me now.

Thanks again Nano :) I used to squirt a few mysis into the acros that they went crazy for but never thought to hand feed them. Sadly I don't have any left as my hermits got to them :(. Good news is that pretty much all of the acro colonies I get have atleast one as they are harvested directly from the reef.

Archived