SaltCritters.com

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 10 2014 and Today July 16 2014, two months growth, slow grower but colour is much better now, pics don't really show it though :)

14133259236_abf0fae1f5.jpg14672802042_366ed47fb1.jpg

Paleoreef103

May 10 2014 and Today July 16 2014, two months growth, slow grower but colour is much better now, pics don't really show it though :)

That's actually outstanding growth for a frag of Oregon Tort. They take forever before they finally take off.

May 17 2014 and July 14 2014, A.tenuis, ORA Joe the Coral, much better colour and some growth, definitely better PE since I increased salinity.

14650615956_84f1851d5d.jpg[14486922918_547cd3004f.jpg

I have had A.tenius before but had issues with it, TN and eventually lost it, I think this coral needs 34-35 ppt salinity to do well, anything lower and it suffers.

That's actually outstanding growth for a frag of Oregon Tort. They take forever before they finally take off.

If this is outstanding growth then I should be fragging it in 2018 :P

Christine

How are things going with the flame back? I want a anglefish so bad. I have been so close to picking up a cherub. Have you seen any decrease in PE? Any nipping? My tank is pretty much all sps except for a small rock with z&p. I'm about to bite the bullet and try one.

It's 50/50 man. I have had dwarf angels that didn't bother SPS or clams, but loved LPS. I have also had some that didn't bother SPS, but after 7 months it decided that it was really interested in my clam. Sometimes they only like to pick at rocks and the glass.

I love seeing your growth shots Christine. Really spurrs me to to get my tank back on track and get some nice SPS pieces again.

Really nice tank. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Looking perfect Christine!

Amazing! :wub:

Thank you guys :)

So my (back from the dead) A.millipora continues to improve... the shag is back B)

14745780533_5e40719a30_c.jpg

15 months ago, this is what the above coral was...

8662828821_29e40ed1ab_z.jpg

SouthFlorida_Tron

Baby Jesus, can my coral look like this one day... please, look how perfect this tank looks....

ricky-bobby.jpg

Mr. Microscope

Congrats on three years! The tank looks stellar! Did you rescape recently? The island looks more centered.

Love that tort and the milli!

Sweet Jesus,that tank though :happydance:

If anyone is to set their standards to have a perfect tank,they need to take from this. Absolutely phenomenal Christine. I don't think it gets any better than this,sheesh.

Baby Jesus, can my coral look like this one day... please, look how perfect this tank looks....

ricky-bobby.jpg

LOL, my Jesus is ZEOvit :lol:

Congrats on three years! The tank looks stellar! Did you rescape recently? The island looks more centered.

Love that tort and the milli!

Thanks Mr.M, well I did make a few changes, no I did not move the big island but did move the small one closer to the big one. This small island only houses the Red Planet that has completely taken over the rock. I did remove all the A.striata stag that hovered over the top of this reef. It had to be done, it was shadowing all the corals below and impeding flow too much. I moved the A.echinata in its place along with the Cali Tortousa (hard to see from the FTS), and so far they seems happy that high up in the reef. I also removed the frags, only for the shot, there back in now ;)

If anyone is to set their standards to have a perfect tank,they need to take from this. Absolutely phenomenal Christine. I don't think it gets any better than this,sheesh.

Thank you :)

It's just too perfect. So amazing Christine!

Thank you :)

I have just dosed ZEOspur 2 drops this morning, crossing my fingers as my last attempt a year ago was not so great. I feel all the corals are healthy enough at this point to give it another try. BB and Iodine elements are loaded so now I wait omgomgomg

9971054774_b390a83753_z.jpg

14688425665_0d5d445327_c.jpg

This is a good teaching opportunity for some of those nano-reefers who are planning a scape (or maybe a re-scape), struggling to place corals, or simply looking to get a cleaner appearance to their respective tank(s). What I believe Nano does a great job at, in the space between these two photos, is she creates much more negative space. She does so mainly by opening up and clearing her sand bed. This is a case (and mature tank owners say this time and time again) of less is more. Nano focuses on and displays some of her nicest pieces while removing others that tend to crowd the scape and take away some of the WOW factor. This is especially important for tabling acros, who, by their very name, need negative space underneath themselves to truly stand out and grow. Her new scape draws the viewers eye to the tabling growth and showcases mature and beautiful pieces in their respective and independent glory, not a collection of mis-matched frags that lack a tank "brand". Also, take note of the colors in her tank, the photo is clearly not saturated or doctored, and yet there is orange, green, blue, red, and pink immediately distinguishable from the scape and negative space.

Sorry if I hijacked your thread at all, good job. :)

-S

You are awesome. I cannot wait for the 3 year mark on my system. Less is more and you nailed it. Inspiration for all of us.

- A.

Archived