Top Shelf Aquatics

Can't even tell, great job. I just put one underneath my new tank and it's definitely noticeable, cause it's a lighter gray and parts of the edges are a little janky. I'm thinking about re-doing it, perhaps I need a sharper razor.

9 minutes ago, samnaz said:

Can't even tell, great job. I just put one underneath my new tank and it's definitely noticeable, cause it's a lighter gray and parts of the edges are a little janky. I'm thinking about re-doing it, perhaps I need a sharper razor.

I used black.  A very sharp razor blade along with a metal straight edge/square really does help.

Took the doors off and took some shots as well.  Here is the final placement and layout of the Apex, EnergyBar, DOS, and misc "stuff" located below the stand.  Dang there is a lot of excess power bricks, wires, and controllers.  Not shown is the ball of wires located behind the dosing containers located underneath that little board I made.

SyqgYSw.jpg

ZZ00LjQ.jpg

iLy68wW.jpg

rTiRn1l.jpg

• Like 14
streamline.by.design

Work of art! I have been drooling over your systems for years now, can't wait to get my 12L build started.

• Like 1
On 6/2/2017 at 3:27 PM, Scorched said:

The decision has been made.  The tank is staying in the house!  Corals are being transferred home and something more simple will be at work.

Dave hooked me up with a sweet Quad Nanobox fixture.  I'm waiting on walnut lids to match the stand but until then I wanted to get the light hung and get things going with the Apex.

Dave does 2 hoops on the lights for wire suspension hanging.  

33988856592_af3a509c18_k.jpg

In the end I decided to do 1 point suspension and buy my own wire hanging kit.  This meant cutting Daves wiring and doing my own mount.  When I get the Walnut lids they will be blank so I wont have the 2 empty holes.

0kadZO5h.jpg

A little more ragged than I would have liked but I didn't hit the wires and the rough edge will be covered by the lid.

Did you move the power cord also, or was the white one a different unit in the first picture?

21 minutes ago, holy carp said:

Did you move the power cord also, or was the white one a different unit in the first picture?

The white unit was a different unit by Dave.  I was just showing how he does the suspension hoops and wiring on other units.

But yes my cord comes out the end.  :ninja:

5 minutes ago, Squared said:

Are you going to transfer your livestock from your office tank to this one?

Thats the plan this upcoming weekend.  Didn't happen last weekend due to our anniversary.  

2 hours ago, Scorched said:

Thats the plan this upcoming weekend.  Didn't happen last weekend due to our anniversary.  

I see, and congrats. Haven't been keeping up, but I like to check back on your thread every now and then :) good stuff

7 hours ago, xEL Chupacabrax said:

Very clean! Is that ato reservoir custom as well?

Thank you!

Sump, ATO, and Dosing Containers were all designed / sized by me.  Built to my specifications by ZeroEdgeAquariums.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TJ_Burton said:

Looking incredibly slick!

Where did you get the orange soft tubing on the outlet of your reactors?

Ebay - PVC tubing normally used for PC liquid cooling.

I wanted the reactor tubing to be flexible so I can pull it out and place it in a bucket next to the stand.  This lets me flush my media or even use it to do water changes.

• Like 2

Some misc build photos.  The Sump's depth and ATO container are actually sized smaller than the stand.  This is for a good reason.  They are the exact maximum size to still allow my hand to get in an release the doors.

XZLNreI.jpg

yIm6meb.jpg

The width of the sump and dosing containers where actually sized to perfectly fit the width of the stand, a happy accident that they were 1/8" too small allows 2 cords to fit in between them.

kyAAQ0H.jpg

The dosing containers were purposely designed to be smaller than the space allowed to hide excess cords.  And allow a space for the ATK magnetic mount.

25Dwx1v.jpg

CKx3hDA.jpg

mw2heKI.jpg

Excess power bricks, FMM module, and Jebao controller are tucked underneath the stand.

OhzpHbZ.jpg

When the doors close on the stand the shelves were perfectly positioned as high as they could and just barely cleared the ball and check valves.

seoMm7r.jpg

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I love how you have flow monitoring on a 12g tank :D

No flow monitoring :P  I thought about it though.

The FMM is just for the Auto Top Off sensors, reservoir sensor, and a leak sensor.  The leak my be switched for another optical if theres a cool place to put it.  (On the left side of the sump to alert me when the sock is clogged?)

• Like 1
HarryPotter
10 minutes ago, Scorched said:

No flow monitoring :P  I thought about it though.

The FMM is just for the Auto Top Off sensors, reservoir sensor, and a leak sensor.  The leak my be switched for another optical if theres a cool place to put it.  (On the left side of the sump to alert me when the sock is clogged?)

Nice. You probably know this already, but make sure to a have a line causing an alarm and shut power to pump if the topoff is on for too long. Something like this. (Just as an example, I believe this will shut power to the pump if the pump is on more than two minutes as well as sound an alarm). 

Outlet: ATOPump

Set Off 

If SwitchLow Closed then On

If Outlet OnTooLong = On Then OFF

Virtual Outlet: OnTooLong

If SwitchLow CLOSED Then ON
Min Time 02:00 Then ON

TopOff Cutoff Alarm: If Outlet OnTooLong= ON then ON

9 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Nice. Make sure to a have a line causing an alarm and shut power to pump if the topoff is on for too long. Something like this. (Just as an example, I believe this will shut power to the pump if the pump is on more than two minutes as well as sound an alarm). 

Outlet: ATOPump

Set Off 

If SwitchLow Closed then On

If Outlet OnTooLong = On Then OFF

Virtual Outlet: OnTooLong

If SwitchLow CLOSED Then ON
Min Time 02:00 Then ON

TopOff Cutoff Alarm: If Outlet OnTooLong= ON then ON

There actually is a new feature in Fusion called Tasks.  It sets up a lot of equipment and code for you.  One of them is the ATK (Auto Top Off Kit).  I beta tested the kit and bug test fusion.

We worked out a few of the bugs and got some really good code for the ATK

This is the default ATK code when using an Apex (It has the same delays as Standalone)
60 Minutes between top offs, 10 second delay before top off start (makes sure the sensor is actually low and not due to a ripple or random fluctuation), 4 second top off minimum (prevents super short 1-2 on/off cycles), error if on longer than 5 minutes.

Code:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATK_Lo OPEN Then ON
If ATK_Hi CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

I've altered mine to be this since my tank is really small and I too didn't want false readings during feed modes or pump restarts
60 Minutes between top offs, 3 minute delay before top off start (Super long delay so I can fiddle in the sump or manually stop feed modes and not have the ATK turn on), 4 second top off minimum, error if on longer than 30 seconds (My top offs are normally 6-7 seconds.  If it goes for 30 seconds something is really wrong and 5 minutes would drain my whole top off tank), no top offs during or after 5 minutes of feed mode / power failure to let the siphons restart and stabilize.

Code:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATK_Lo OPEN Then ON
If ATK_Hi CLOSED Then OFF
If ATK_Le CLOSED Then OFF
If ATK_Em OPEN Then OFF
If FeedA 005 Then OFF
If Power Apex Off 005 Then OFF
When On > 000:30 Then OFF
Defer 003:00 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF