Top Shelf Aquatics

•••JR's Aquatica Oasis•••

JR!

Congrats on the new babies on the Acan....I've been there before with a number of frags. I had this one zoa frag in my 20H that I swear produced maybe one additional head in the year and a half that it was in the tank. No real rhyme or reason why it never produced but it exploded in a friends tank. Go figure.

I think moving the wire to the red dot you have marked would make it that much more sleek. The way the wire hangs is one of the reasons why I've been always reluctant to hang fixtures from the ceiling (I'm assuming that's how you have yours). Just wish there was a slick way to route the wires off the fixture and behind the tank.

An all SPS tank....now that's what I'm talking about. Good luck with the auction on EBay....those are some sweet pieces.

-Adam

thanks adam. yea the wire has been kind of a thorn in my side but this is the best thing that i can think to do

7793252948_ef6540d574_c.jpg

there is more going on in there then i thought :huh:

7793253296_429b7ce4c5_c.jpg

photos of it hanging tomorrow after work

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job on the quick mod. I like how you've plugged/capped the old hole. I can relate to the last picture....that's usually when I get that sinking feeling that I may be over my head. I'm not exactly the best DIY'er :)

Great job on the quick mod. I like how you've plugged/capped the old hole. I can relate to the last picture....that's usually when I get that sinking feeling that I may be over my head. I'm not exactly the best DIY'er :)

Thanks man. :happy: the only thing that I can say about DIY is take your time

so this spring i think im going to do i bit of copy catting of mr.hype

This is never a bad thing! I used to have a boss who said, 'Take what works, ripp it off and plagiarize. Then make it better if you can.'

Works best in conjunction with whatever Rehype does. (boss didn't tell me that)

This is never a bad thing! I used to have a boss who said, 'Take what works, ripp it off and plagiarize. Then make it better if you can.'

Works best in conjunction with whatever Rehype does. (boss didn't tell me that)

Hahaha I like it. :D

I really like your light mod. I have my fixture hanging from the ceiling. My solution was to ziptie the cord to the drain pipe it works but isn't the prettiest of solutions. I think I'm going to steal your idea.

Nice tank JR. I spent last night and an hour or so today to read from the start. I have a few questions.

What ever happened to getting a Fiddler crab?

How has the avast ato been, and did you ever change pumps for it?

-Wes

I really like your light mod. I have my fixture hanging from the ceiling. My solution was to ziptie the cord to the drain pipe it works but isn't the prettiest of solutions. I think I'm going to steal your idea.

thanks man. :) steal away

Nice tank JR. I spent last night and an hour or so today to read from the start. I have a few questions.

What ever happened to getting a Fiddler crab?

How has the avast ato been, and did you ever change pumps for it?

-Wes

well to be honest i total forgot about it :P

the ato has been awesome. i switched to a small tunze pump. super quiet :D

o and i think im gonna order this very soon

C65WO.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfV8nH-SXK0...player_embedded

Well now I have more questions for you. Lol. I plan on ordering the avast ato this weekend. I also planned on ordering a media basket, but now I'm having second thoughts after seeing that reactor. Correct me if I'm wrong here bc I'm a total newb. Isn't the purpose of both a media basket And the reactor to remove nitrates and phosphates. From what I've read the reactors are up to 10 times more effective. Should I not buy the media basket and order a reactor instead?

well the reason the reactor is more effective is the water to forced to make contact to the media and with the media basket the water is going to try to find the easiest way around the media.

what tank do you have btw?

well the reason the reactor is more effective is the water to forced to make contact to the media and with the media basket the water is going to try to find the easiest way around the media.

what tank do you have btw?

+1

Solana 34 gallon.

I planned on ordering the media basket tomorrow, but am glad I ask you first. I don't want to buy something I don't need or will likely upgrade in the next year. Plus you seem like you do your homework.

I looked on the website for the one you listed. It comes out the 27th.

That reactor looks promising. BUTTTT I'd rather smash my head against a wall all day then deal with CADlights again.

That reactor looks promising. BUTTTT I'd rather smash my head against a wall all day then deal with CADlights again.

hahah i have heard that people have had problems but ill give it a try. whats the worst that could happen :rolleyes: lol

Might stop out there tomorrow. Still waiting on a Midas Blenny from Dan, plus I want to check out those freakin huge chalice pieces. Nice looking acans as well

Nice job jr....very clean.

76054_bill-tips-his-hat.jpg

Might stop out there tomorrow. Still waiting on a Midas Blenny from Dan, plus I want to check out those freakin huge chalice pieces. Nice looking acans as well

yea they always seem to have the nicest stuff. kinda pissed they are getting rid of the sps tank that they have in the front of the store though.

i saw that... looks funny with nothing in it. I asked whats up? and one of the guys in there said they were making it a nem tank. Hope they make another SPS frag tank

Archived