•••JR's Aquatica Oasis•••

JR!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59KTQ.gif

lookin good!

Stopped by to say hi... :happy:

Yea dude, hope things continue to get better.

thanks guys and girl ;) just gonna focus on water quality for a while and let everything just grow.

kinda wanna downgrade to a 60f with a sump.

thoughts?

thanks guys and girl ;) just gonna focus on water quality for a while and let everything just grow.

kinda wanna downgrade to a 60f with a sump.

thoughts?

The 60F has nice dimensions. I have always tried to avoid new tank temptation and so far I have done pretty well. The problem for me is that I haven't achieved what I wanted to with the tank I originally chose so I have a hard time because I feel that it is unfinished.

If you feel like you need a sump to keep the livestock you want to keep, you could always DIY yourself one out of a 10G and sump the current tank like some of the RSM or BioCube owners do. You could even upgrade in stages.

Does anything live on the exposed island you have? I might do something like that on my new build.

there used to be a larger purple acro that was on it but now its all gsp. gonna get another smaller rock and do all sps instead of the gsp.

there used to be a larger purple acro that was on it but now its all gsp. gonna get another smaller rock and do all sps instead of the gsp.

I'll be following ...

• 2 weeks later...
the ati is amazing. best money i have spent on the tank other then the mp10. if you have the money to drop on the dim-able one do it.

Damn I would drop money on the dimmable one but my spending has caught up to me!

I just spent $300 on a innovative marine 4 gallon nuvo and and a nice sps order from reef gardeners!

I'll see how those frags do with the ai nano for now

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully you're not taking this tank down...unless of course it's for an upgrade or something :)

Just curious, what bulb combo are you running in the ATI? Is it a Sun Power?

yep its gonna come down but i have been talking to reefsavvy about something new ;)

stand is going to be just like this one.

1KCqb.jpg

equipment is pretty much going to be the same. just going with a sump alot like this one.

aBRc2.jpg

as for he bulb combo it goes from front to back

ati blue+

ati purple +

ati blue +

ati coral +

and yep its a sunpower. :D

Wow man....really diggin' that stand design. Now that my sump is jam-packed full of "stuff," having two adjacent doors that can swing open would be AWESOME. Can't tell you how many times I've had to contort myself to move something around an inch or two :)

Looks like a great bulb combination to me. I'll have to look up the spectrum to get more info but how have you liked the Purple + and Coral + bulbs? I've used the following in the past so just curious what you've seen with those two in particular -

• Blue+
  • Aquablue Special
  • KZ Fiji Purple
  • UVL 75/25

-Adam

yea i like the sump alot ebay says its 14x14x13

skimmer section it 7in. deep and thats gonna be perfect cus i wanna run a swc 120.

then a small fuge and then i think theres gonna be a ehiem 1250 return.

dual mp10s for flow and thats about all.

display tank is looking like its going to be 24x18x12. thats 22 gallons and im not sure on the actual water volume of the sump. lighting is going to be the same as before.

Sounds like a killer setup!! Any idea of timeframe when you'll get all the parts and pieces together? Are you still going to keep this running into it's in place and ready to go?

Sounds like a killer setup!! Any idea of timeframe when you'll get all the parts and pieces together? Are you still going to keep this running into it's in place and ready to go?

well the idea is to transfer all the coral and inverts over to the picotope and start fresh. the picotope is going to go to my sons room when it gets settled in.

then the new tank is going to start soon after that. if reefsavvy gets back to me soon then i can get a better idea of time. i think i could have the tanks and stand within the next month or 2. all gonna get done with the tax return though

Awesome. I bet your son is pretty excited about a tank of his own. Mine is only 16-months old and already "helps" me out when I'm messing around in the sump or staring at the tank. I think he just likes to stare at the bubbles that the skimmer makes to be honest :) That and the fish.

Awesome. I bet your son is pretty excited about a tank of his own. Mine is only 16-months old and already "helps" me out when I'm messing around in the sump or staring at the tank. I think he just likes to stare at the bubbles that the skimmer makes to be honest :) That and the fish.

haha same here. our sons are about the same age. grants birthday is the 31st of may :lol:

IMG_5598.jpg

so thats the look that im going to try to get. (thanks imisky :D)

then the over flow is going to be this.

IMG_5617.jpg

(thanks again imisky :P)

thoughts?

Archived